Tent Showcase Index > Gelert > Vector 4 Reviews|
Tent RRP on date added:
Living area groundsheet:
Compare Tent Price:
4 (more 4 berth tents)
Average User Rating:
8/10 from 1 reviews
Viewed: 1312 times
Back to index
Member Uploaded Images - click to enlarge
If you have a photo of this tent click here to upload it
1 Reviews of the Vector 4
By: Melh Reason: I own(ed) one Made in: 2011 Rating: Date: 27/08/2012
The Vector 4 was our first ever tent. The reason we decided on the Vector were:
- 2 separate inners that may or may not be used
- standing height
- large enough to store luggage, chairs and table during the night
- really good deal (package including tent, ground sheet and awning).
We went for short breaks three times but have now decided to upgrade.
- The tent is fairly easy to pitch, it took us a while first time around but it is neither difficult nor time consuming once you've done it.
- The tent is large enough for 4. However, as a couple we decided to only put one inner up, which we used as storage. It may have felt a little small had we used the other inner as our bedroom.
- The separate ground sheet was very useful as it kept the tent spotless on packing up.
- The awning gives a great sense of space and it's lovely to sit out whilst having some protection.
- Unless you practice pitching before you go first time you may get a little frustrated on your first outing.
- The awning seems to attract midges, mosquitos and other bugs and they appear to get trapped under it and stay for the evening.
If you camp in windy areas (avoiding the midges and the bugs) the awning attracts the wind and this can be rather noisy when you are trying to sleep.
- Our last camping trip ended with some damage to the tent - due to gusts and stormy weather.
If you want a reasonably priced tent that serves you well during fairly good weather then the Vector 4 is for you.
If you plan to camp by the sea or in other circumstances when you are likely to experience high winds you may want to look around before buying the Vector.
1 from 1 people found this review helpful, was it helpful to you?
Add your review of the Vector 4 for a chance to win a prize!
||Sponsored by Camping in the Forest Caravan and Campsites|
If you have used this tent please leave a review, or your comments for other visitors, and have a chance to win and have a chance to win a a 2 night stay on a standard pitch for two adults, courtesy of Camping in the Forest. 19 beautiful campsites set in Forestry Commission locations throughout the UK. From forest walks and trails to active adventures like River Exploration and Kayaking there is something for everyone to enjoy.
To leave a review you need to be logged in to the UKCampsite.co.uk Please log in or register here.
Ideal for the family on a budget, the Vector range are easy to pitch vis a vis tents with fully sewn in groundsheets. Though these are fantastic value for money they still have many of the features of the premium models.
Fully sewn in groundsheet prevents unwanted drafts or bugs
Mesh panel on side door
Excellent living area space & head height
Living area windows
Pre-attached guylines aid pitching
Fabric: Outer: 190T Polyester with waterproof PU coating
Inner: 190T breathable Polyester
Pack Size: 66 x 27 x 27cm
Dimensions: Outer: L450 x W220 x H180cm
Inner: L210 x W140 x H165cm x 2 bedrooms
Poles: 2 x 9.5mm Fibreglass, 2 x 11mm Fibreglass
No. of persons: 4
Colour: Calliste Green/Charcoal - Aegean Blue/Charcoal
Pitch: Outer first
Taped Seams: Yes
... there may be more info on their website
Back to main tent index
|Follow us on Facebook!
||You can now follow UKCampsite.co.uk on Facebook! Keep abreast of the latest news and updates much more easily. Simply click here then click on the Like button!
|Latest News, Discounts and Competitions see all...