Hello - Shackerstone Family Festival offers two days of events over the weekend Saturday 31st August and Sunday 1st September.
2019 will see the 25th year this wonderful gem of an event taking place. Each year the small, sleepy Leicestershire village of Shackerstone springs to life with the sights and sounds of the Shackerstone Family Festival. A unique event that includes arena entertainment, vintage cars, canal boats, planes, railways and much more besides! The not for profit organisation has run by volunteers since 1995 and has helped raise over £700,000 for good causes, both national and local.
Discounted fees for UKCampsite.co.uk members available soon from their own application form soon to be available on this thread. Additional Early Bird Discount available.
Link to booking form to be available soon.
For those staying with us – discounted entry fee includes
• Site hire from Thursday to Sunday/Monday (Thursday arrival and Monday departure please by prior agreement - just takes a telephone call to Geoff and Pauline on 07887 812106).
• Designated camping area for UKCampsite members
• Free ENTRY TO BOTH DAYS over the WEEKEND of the Festival upon display of wristbands (see application allowance on form). Extra discounted Adult entry wristbands available to purchase on the application form.
• All children have free entry providing an adult is in attendance.
• Access to Friday night entertainment – by the Top Class Pop & Rock Party Band ‘Viper Lounge’ in the Real Ale & Cider Marquee. Refreshment area (not open to the public)
• Access to Saturday night entertainment – the Wonderful female voice of ‘Blue Savannah’ in the Real Ale & Cider Marquee and Refreshment area (not open to the public)
Attractions Scheduled for 2019
Jez Avery Stunt Show
Leicestershire Co-op Snibston Brass Band
Fosseway Security Dog Demonstration
Going Ape Lottery
The Adrenaline Tour with International Stunt Rider Jason Smyth
Phase One Steel Band
Vintage Bike Road Run
All items listed below are on both Saturday and Sunday
The American Civil War re-enactment Society which will include Infantry, Artillery and Cavalry
Food Theatre featuring Cooking Demonstrations
The Gorillas from Creature Feature Productions Goin' Ape
Dinosaurs from Jurassic Experience
Free Land Train Rides
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight ‘Spitfire’ flypast
Fun Dog Show
Shackiesaurus Children’s Club
Obedience Dog Display team
Artisan Local Food and Produce Fayre
Rural and Countryside Demonstrations
Fun Dog Show with ten categories to enter each day
Lawn Mower Racing
Lincoln County Regulators Wild West
Shackiesaurus Children’s Club with the Antics Crew!
Traditional Children’s Funfair
Real Ale and Cider Marquee
Working and Canal Narrowboat Annual Rally
Huge Display of Classic Car, Commercial and Military Vehicles Exhibits
Vintage Motor Cycle Assembly
Agricultural Machinery Exhibition
Large Vintage Caravan Gathering
Beneficiaries in 2019 will include: A number of charities & local projects to be chosen by representatives of The Friends of the Festival. Other beneficiaries will include the Ashby Canal Restoration - Shackerstone & Congerstone Village Projects – Leicestershire & Rutland 4x4 Rescue
Form arrived in post, will be filled in and sent before deadline for cheaper tickets.
For anyone who's not been before this is a great weekend, we take 2 of our grandchildren and they have a really good time when they are there, no tablets, ipads, just leave them to make their own games up.
Reminder from Geoff and Pauline
the festivals caravan and camping hosts)
Caravanning and Camping has always been a firm favourite for those wanting to relax and enjoy the whole jamboree of festivities. UKCampsite members enjoy discounted rates so don’t miss out on the additional Early Bird Discount that closes on the 30th June.