Location: Bury St Edmunds Joined: 05/10/2015
Posts: 8 Site Reviews:2 Gallery Images:0
Tragic, we all sympathise, but
Do not put the blame on the construction of the pod, or the fact that there was a log burner installed.
Common sense should always prevail.
Also what is the ratio of fires against clamping nights, very low I should think
Our thoughts are with both of them, and hope they recover
Outfit: 2 x Outwells Kairos 400 Caranex Location: Isle of Mull Joined: 28/9/2009
Posts: 1684 Site Reviews:9 Tent Reviews:3 Gallery Images:0
I hope they're both going to be okay, too.
Are the glamping pods at Lady Heyes all like that - looking at the pix, my first thought was a line of Nissan huts, or is it just the angle the pix were taken? (I'm not being rude but this is one site some friends were talking about visiting, so am intrigued.)
------------- " When I die I don`t want my life to flash before me in an instant, I want it to be a 3 hour epic !"
Oh goodness, how awful. Just terrible. Poor girl. I really hope she can make a real recovery from this, but it sounds like she has a long road ahead of her.
I do agree though - why would anyone think that was a safe thing to do? Maybe just the temptation to get clothing warmed up or dried quickly overtook their thinking. It seems so obvious to me not to do that and I would have thought that at her age. But then, we had a coal fire in our house, so I was well aware of the dangers of fire and not putting things to dry too near it. And the (useless) storage heaters had warnings in them not to cover the vents with washing etc.
Outfit: La Caravana Location: Costa del Essex Joined: 25/1/2010
Posts: 4534 Site Reviews:13 Gallery Images:0
Pods are for campers who can be bothered with tents. It does follow that anybody without their own camping equipment probably won't have the knowledge that tent campers tend to develop. At a campsite recently I was looking at the pods & I noticed a sign banning any sort of cooking in the pod. I thought this a bit strange until I realised this was a good attempt to protect unknowing users from their own folly. The pods had electric heating.
Outfit: Outwell Nevada m Vango sigma 300 Location: wirral Joined: 02/3/2009
Posts: 2055 Site Reviews:13 Tent Reviews:1 Gallery Images:3
Speedy recovery to those involved with the incident, Nothing wrong with pods, tents, log burners, Clothing are inflammable, must not be put close to any heat source. Those of use who grew up in homes were taught not to get to close to fires and more aware, newer generations seem to lack this knowledge. It was a pure accident
------------- New Year: Hesketh Bank
Feb/March: Red Squirrel
Aug: Lake District(not camping camping)
October: Red Squirrel