Guess it would depend on the Amps supplied at hookup. We stupidly thought we could run the electric like home. Think we blew up the heater when it was on 2000w whilst running microwave , electric ring on cooker, heater , chargers, and my ghd straightners after using hairdryer .....the kettle however was low voltage, takes forever to heat...and I forgot to mention the nespresso pixie coffee maker. Glad now we decided against adding a wine chiller , so I guess it's a good idea to go low voltage, protect your Amps.
Message posted by Bernie4724/4/2017 at 10:46pm Outfit: C-Max Titanium Outwell Vango etc. Location: Scottish Borders
Joined: 05/7/2006View ProfileReplyQuote
We have always used low wattage appliances merely because you don't have to check up before hand what amps output the campsite provides so we know that overloading the electric circuit will be slim to say the least. We have a 1300 watt Quest Elite Maxi Grill for cooking full English breakfast and rump steaks etc. and for the past 10 years we have used a 750 watt electric kettle which we purchased second hand. However, we wanted something that was a bit more modern that boils a little quicker which we have recently purchased a Quest 1.7 litre low wattage kettle which is just a 1000 watts which I can highly recommend. It feels comfortable to lift and pour compared to our previous kettle but there are several low wattage kettles on the market to choose from.