Visitor Reviews - Stonehenge Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Site Reviews

Stonehenge Touring Park
Orcheston
Salisbury
Wiltshire   (Browse area)
SP3 4SH
Tel: 01980 620304

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Kitchen Facilities   Freezer Available    Motorhome Point   Fully Serviced Pitches
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing <10 miles   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Dog Walk

Reviews:  112 in total, now showing 55 to 60                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Itsyum 110 reviews from this member

What a lovely little site this is, it's in the middle of nowhere yet close to Stonehenge, Salisbury and Devises.

The site is mainly grass with a few hard standings, most with electric hook ups. The toilet and showers are basic but kept very clean.

If you want to get away from it all this is the place to chill! There is unlimited wi-fi for a flat fee of 5 for the duration of your stay, nice one!

Overall great place will go back. Recommended.

Date of Visit: March 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: RoaringMeg 3 reviews from this member

Access is gained along narrow village lanes with oncoming traffic which can be quite disconcerting. The village the site is located in is beautiful but there are no amenities (pubs!) in walking distance. Stonehenge is not within walking distance and can not be seen from the site. The site is quiet with few amenities. The prices must have been recently increased as it now costs 17 a night in March. They, very annoyingly, charge extra for an awning. I know that these people have a business to run but surely if you pay for a pitch you should be able to use that pitch how you want to - a caravan and awning is no bigger than some of the large tents you get. The owners were unhelpful to some other campers on the site - they were in a group of families from all over the country and despite letting the owners know that some of them had got stuck in traffic and would be arriving late (7pm) wouldn't let them pitch up.

Owners response:

I believe that roaringmegs review about our campsite (Stonehenge Touring Park) to be misplaced and inaccurate due to the following reasons.

1. We have not had any caravans with awnings staying on site during March to date, nor any family groups staying on site this year.

2. Our tariff has not changed for the last 2-3 years and is clearly accessed on our website.

3. There are two pubs within a one mile walk of the campsite.

4. Stonehenge is situated four miles from the campsite as described on our website.

5. No new arrivals to the campsite have been refused access this year.

I can only assume that this person has reviewed the wrong campsite or is a member or knows a member of a 4x4 group that had made a prior booking for the weekend of the 11th March for 6 caravans with a special pre-arranged tariff. Although the confirmation and the terms and conditions on our website clearly state acceptable times of arrival we were informed at lunchtime on the day of arrival that one member would not be able to arrive until after 9.00pm as they were not setting out until late, they were informed that this was not acceptable. Later in the afternoon the organiser telephoned to cancel the booking for all units even after confirming he had read his confirmation with respect to times of arrival which he freely agreed with.

Had it been as the reviewer said, that they could not arrive until 7pm this would not have been a problem as at this time of year 7pm would have been an acceptable time of arrival.

I am quite happy with constructive criticism but strongly object to untruths. On this occasion I feel that roaringmegs review is unfounded, unjustified and untrue. (or posted against the wrong campsite). As already stated we have had no caravans with awnings paying 17 as stated for the month of March (so did she really stay here?).

Julie Young
Proprietor
Stonehenge Touring Park

Date of Visit: February 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Andycwb 5 reviews from this member

A one night stop here, and were welcomed by a chap who appeared to be staying in one of the caravans who told us the reception would be open about 4pm and directed us to a couple of tent pitches.

Cheap at 10 including EHU for the night (we were told 9+3). Situated in a sheltered valley, with a small shop on site (which we didn't use). Out of season the washing-up area was closed but we were told it was OK to use the laundry sinks. Toilet blocks and laundry both very clean.

It's not somewhere you can walk to a pub or restaurant for an evening meal, but made a very nice stop over.

After all the recent rain the ground was very soft (the area outside my tent was muddy with just two of us there for an evening), and I can imagine it turning into a bit of a quagmire if there's a lot of heavy rain.

Date of Visit: February 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Morgz84 22 reviews from this member

I booked a pitch for a tent with electric hook up at short notice which was no problem. I was welcomed onto the site by a friendly lady at reception who showed me where everything was and pointed me to a pitch by some trees on the south side of the park. I had a long enough electric hook up cable to be able to position my tent so that I was looking out across the meadow which was nice. It really was magical to just sit there at dusk just watching and listening to the wildlife all around. You are aware of the nearby A360 however is isn't a major intrusion and the sound of the birds easily distracts your attention. The only thing I feel the overall experience lacks is a camp fire and I think it would be nice if fire pits were allowed; I can however imagine that the site have their reasons for not allowing them.

The site has brilliant facilities including a laundry with indoor dish washing area, there are also some outdoor sinks (under shelter). The shower blocks were very clean and reasonably modern. The only slight annoyance was that the push button shower required button to be persistantly held down to maintain water flow rather than the usual 20 - 30 seconds you would expect, I am sure a small adjustment could remedy this. The shower was however nice and warm.

Of course the county of Wiltshire itself is lovely but the site was also well located for popping into the New Forest or East Somerset. I spent a glorious spring like Saturday walking in the New Forest followed by an epic drive through the fringes of North Dorset and a lovely journey through Wiltshire countryside up the back roads and back to the site. I left early on the Sunday, this was because despite a reassuringly still Saturday evening the wind and rain came in and kept me up all night. This is no fault of the site, it's just I am a light sleeper and need to invest in some ear plugs!

I can highly recommend this site to anyone looking to explore Wiltshire. It is very conveniently located for me in Oxfordshire to come for a quick weekend away. I will be back to visit as soon as a nice weekend is forecast.

Date of Visit: November 2010 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: 100waves 3 reviews from this member

I visited Stonehenge in my campervan and booked this site beforehand. It was very cheap at 12 pounds with EHU so I was surprised at how good it was. The surrounding views were really nice. The location was handy for Stonehenge obviously but also many other English heritage sites in the area. The pitch was hard standing but we had to drive over grass to get to it. The grass was however very hard for this time of year and so no problem at all. I was so impressed with the site I decided to stay another night. I will return for sure.

Date of Visit: October 2010 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Savtr 1 review from this member

Me and my girlfriend found this campsite via our sat nav. We came up for the day to visit Stonehenge, after a beautiful day walking round we needed somewhere to stay with our camper van and wasn't sure on the area. I called them up and I was booked in within minutes.

The woman was very friendly who worked there. I also couldn't believe how cheap it was to stay there and they had wireless internet. The grounds were beautiful! There were horses in one field and sheep in another so we felt very relaxed and one with nature.

We will definitely be coming back here when we're in the area. The facilities were very clean and private, they have showers and washing area. We do recommend this campsite to any age, whether you looking to stay one night to a week.

Couldn't comment on child friendliness as we do not have children, but there was children there playing in the play area located in the middle of the camp site.

Previous     112 Reviews in total, now showing 55 to 60      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -    All Sites in Wiltshire   -   Search for a site

Three sets of AutoSock Car Snow Socks to be won Win Duvulay Luxury Sleeping Bags worth 560!

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 17 to 20 Jan 2019, Event City
Huge choice of the latest model caravans, motorhomes and holiday homes on display from over 200 exhibitors ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 369 each PLUS a Christmas Day Star Prize worth up to 780

Open Today's Window to reveal Today's Prize