Reviews of Brighton Caravan And Motorhome Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > South East > East Sussex > Brighton > Brighton Caravan And Motorhome Club Site Reviews

Brighton Caravan And Motorhome Club Site
East Brighton Park
Brighton
East Sussex   (Browse area)
BN2 5TS
Tel: 01342 327 490
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing <5 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <5 miles   Outdoor Pool <5 miles
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   No Tennis
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  151 in total, now showing 121 to 130                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Our site is opening in line with government guidance and we are taking bookings for arrivals from 04/07/2020 onwards , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilet / shower facilities will be open. Some communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: July 2007 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Kayleya 3 reviews from this member

This is a very easy going, if expensive site. Well kept site with fantastic facilities, the toilet and shower blocks are well heated, clean and a pleasure to use. The lawns are well manicured, the staff polite friendly and extremely helpful.

The marina is in walking distance and the site is well served by public transport.

We have stayed here a few times now, and always look forward to it. We are comfortable leaving our van there knowing the site is safe and well staffed.We have never had any trouble with other guests- late night noise, loud music etc.

The down sides to the site are the inability to book pitches in advance ie you may not be parked next to your friends at busy periods, and our brother in laws VW campervan was not allowed to stop apparently due to having the incorrect ventilation, though we can of course understand that this is a restriction due to safety reasons - we had however never been aware of this problem before.

The laundry facilities are good, if a little expensive, but hey, who really wants to be doing laundry when away!

I'd recommend this site to all types of people, families, young people and older couples- a warm welcome seems to await all - a shame about the price though - however all caravan club sites seem to be about the same!

Date of Visit: August 2007 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Greyfox 16 reviews from this member

We booked 2 nights here at the end of a 2 week tour.
The site is deceptively larger than it  first looks. The tents and tourers are segregated with the tourers getting either hard standing or grass. Pitches were large enough for a van, awning and car.
The site itself is flat, tidy and quiet, with a small children's playground in the middle. The toilet's and shower block were very clean and wardens emptied bins etc. Everyday.
The biggest attraction for this site is it's location, just ½ a mile from Brighton's beautiful marina or 1½ miles from the centre of town. It is not cheap given its lack of anything other than basic facility's but bear in mind a days parking in Brighton is about £15 and a night in the Thistle is £200, it actually makes a lot of sense to stay here and take a bus.
Good digital TV reception so the girls don't need to miss their soaps!
Overall a good site and will visit again, it would be nice if the staff could smile a little bit!

Date of Visit: August 2007 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Shayleigh 2 reviews from this member

Myself, my mum and my two sons stayed here for two days last week - 31st july and 1st of August.
This was my first stay at a campsite as we have only owned our motorhome for six weeks now.
What a great start to my( hopefully) many years of travelling yet to come, this was a lovely place to  stay.  I was very impressed with the site, the staff all seemed pleasant and helpful, it was clean and tidy and the surrounding scenery was lovely, I also found everyone on the site to be very neighbourly, friendly and helpful and being a beginner I did need a little advice once or twice!
Brighton is a great place to visit although my legs ached for days when I returned- probably a good thing I think!
Thumbs up Sheepcote valley, we loved our stay and would definitely go again.

Date of Visit: May 2007 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Karen Wells 3 reviews from this member

We have visited this site two or three times and would definitely go again. It is in a lovely location and always very clean and tidy. Very close to the Marina at Brighton with lots of entertainment and eating places. Play area for children and you actually drive past football pitches to get to the site if you need space for a game of cricket etc.

Date of Visit: July 2007 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Lilly27 2 reviews from this member

My husband and I visited this site for what was supposed to be 6 nights, however,due to the m5 floods we delayed our trip by a day,a nd as we visited glastonbury first, called the site when we arrived there. The phone call to sheepcote was one of the most difficult I have ever had with a member of the service industry,and was told they had expected us 3 days earlier and I had got it totally wrong as they never made mistakes. It didnt get better the warden known as Kath was awful, and after she moved us to a second pitch a male warden came up to me and demanded to know why I was on this pitch in a very loud abrupt manner. I suggested they improved communication in the site office.

The site itself is well maintained, but noisy in the mornings as the go round all the time on ride-ons. The showers are clean but only four in each block and there are queues in the morning. Its quite a way into Brighton by bus or cab. The comments book on site had positives, but also quite a few negatives re lack of willingness to help and abruptness from wardens, so read into that what you will.

Date of Visit: May 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Hack_out 1 review from this member

£18 per night. for 2 Adults and 1 car.Just came back from a few nights away from sheepcotes campsite. A very nice site, although it has no entertainment, you are only a very short distance from Brighton Pier and ASDA.
The shower / toilet block was always clean, it also has an hairdryer. They do sell some basics, like tea / milk. There is a reasonable cafe / coffee restaraunt, so for those cheating on a camping trip can eat there. Lots of happy kids on their bikes.
(Tent AREA) You need to get on level ground, there are 2 areas you can go in, I'd choose the top field, as the one nearer the toliet block does have little wiffy smell and there are more children there. Top field had sea view, I was the king of the castle, loved looking at everyone in our field, as we got the ONLY pitch that is higher than anyone when you arrive, you will see this.
You can have a hike up the South Downs Lovely view from up there, be careful on your decent, it's quite easy to slip on the rabbit totty.
Security is very good, the guys come around every so often.
I enjoyed our stay, I will be more than happy to visit there again. Only prob, no tent bookings are taken, 1st come 1st served.

Date of Visit: April 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Nathancresswell 1 review from this member

This was our first camping trip and we were a little concerned because you could not pre-book a pitch and had to turn up with your tent and hope for the best.

We arrived on the Thursday before Good Friday and had plenty of choice on where to pitch. The receptionist recommended the top field with a sea view so we went there and had the whole field to ourselves for a day and then were joined by several more friendly groups of campers as well as a friendly pheasant!

Facilities are great and it proved to be an excellent first break in our tent.

When you arrive the owners will 'vet' you if you are in a group but I think as long as you present yourself appropriately then there will be no problems on obtaining a pitch.

My only complaint was the elusive price list. We checked on prices for Easter prior to booking and were told it would cost £32 a night for the pitch and 4 people but then when we arrived we were told that the prices were £40.80.

With this in mind I think we will try South Down when we are next in the area as it was cheaper and we want to try other sites.

Date of Visit: March 2007 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: SmellyK 5 reviews from this member

We've just come back from here on our first camping trip with our FC.

Brilliant site - spotlessly clean.  Toilet/shower blocks are kept immaculate as are all the grounds.  Nice gentle downhill walk to the Marina (about 10 mins) and level walk to Brighton along the promenade (about 20-30 mins).

Site has lovely surroundings and at night loads of rabbits (which is quite funny).

Wardens very polite and helpful

Definitely will be going back here again

Date of Visit: November 2006 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Deg3y 6 reviews from this member

Having not stayed on this site for a few years (I do like Brighton), well I am happy to say that my stay was a nice one, the wardens being very polite & helpful. The site was kept spotless and would recommend a stay at Sheepcote.
I will be having a stay there in 2007, just to unwind.

Date of Visit: November 2006 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Scrufts 27 reviews from this member

This site is open all year, however it is worth booking ahead, as being the only campsite close to Brighton it does get booked up from time to time.It has the usual high standards that come with most Caravan Club sites and the wardens were friendly. The only downside was that the playground was out of action as it was being resurfaced.

Previous     151 Reviews in total, now showing 121 to 130      Next

Is Brighton Caravan And Motorhome Club Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Brighton Caravan And Motorhome Club Site?  There is a shop within 5 miles  View all facilities

Is Brighton Caravan And Motorhome Club Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Brighton      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in East Sussex

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 28/06
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more