Visitor Reviews - Canal Side Caravan Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Shropshire > Site Reviews

Canal Side Caravan Site
31 Grindley Brook
Grindley Brook
Whitchurch
Shropshire   (Browse area)
SY13 4QJ
Tel: 01948 663284  or  07935269084

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Pitches: 39 pitches including 20 seasonal
Open: Friday 1st March Until Sunday 27th Oct 2019

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Adults Only   Not Members Only   No Rallies   Not Naturist Site
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 1 mile   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf 1 mile   Tennis 1 mile
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  126 in total, now showing 121 to 126                 Previous 10         Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13

Date of Visit: May 2006 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Tatam123 3 reviews from this member

Stayed for the first time in May, very warm welcome, site very clean and tidy. Wasn't sure of the shower block at first as its an old portocabin, but very clean inside. There is a new toilet block and the standard of hygiene is  high, being a very picky person myself, I give the site ten out of ten and will go back time and again. The owners say they are going to build a new shower block to replace the portacabin and if its the same standard as the new toilet block then I will give the site 15 out of ten. There is a pub outside the main gates across the road and the meal was excellent and the staff warm and very friendly. There is a gate leading to the canal from the site and if you turn right it leads to  the locks and the boats and a a cafe, if you carry on walking you can go into witchurch itself and there are quite a lot of shops.

Date of Visit: May 2006 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Cat 3 reviews from this member

Hello I reviewed this site as Catherine 555 two years ago. Felt I should let you know of the wonderful changes to this fabulous site. Firstly nothing has changed in the fact that the owners Joan and Trevor are really lovely and very helpful. Still the same wonderful location next to the canal. What has changed is they have opened a new field. It is fabulous. Spaces for tents, tt's, fc's,caravans and motor homes. We stayed in the tent area but was able to access electric and the water supply was next to our tent.

The new washroom/toilets facilities were fabulous and they still have wonderful showers always clean and immaculate.

This is as I have said before an adult only site but if you are looking for a peaceful getaway in a wonderful area with great campsite owners. You need look no further :-)

Date of Visit: August 2005
Reviewer: Lea22 1 review from this member

I visited the site for my 22nd birthday with my boyfriend. We stayed for two nights in a tent (1st time camping!). I am sssooooo glad that we picked this site; my boyfriend enjoys fishing and he got to do plenty of that! The canal and the locks are beautiful! We had gorgeous weather which always helps but even so, I think our stay was enjoyable because of the site that we picked. Joan and Trevor are lovely people and keep the site very attractive. Showers were clean and roomy. Pub across the road was pleasant and good value for money. I could go on for ever! Well done Joan and Trevor - you have an excellent site that I will be recommending to friends and enjoying myself again next summer

Date of Visit: September 2004
Reviewer: Blues 3 reviews from this member

Just returned from a week at this lovely little site, only takes nine units. It is a little gem and we shall return at some point in the future. Joan Williams (proprietoress?) was very friendly and came out to welcome us on our arrival. For the first time in years I did not have to part with any dosh immediately I got there, Joan came round to collect it after a couple of days. Toilets and showers are a bit unique but absolutely spotless. After more than forty years of caravanning/camping I did something on a campsite I have never done before, The toilets and showers were so clean it seemed a shame to use them, so I cleaned the loo every time I used it! Plenty to see and do in the area, very close to Wales. site also does storage. Recommended.

Reviewer: Ceri 11 reviews from this member

June 2004
Just got back - and I endorse everything said above. We will definitely go back.

Reviewer: Catherine 555 3 reviews from this member

22nd May 2004
Visited this site last minute decision. So glad we did. Very friendly and welcoming owners. Joan and Trevor. The site is next to a Canal with wonderful locks and scenery. Near to a pub and garage with a shop. Immaculate showers.
Loved it and will be visiting many more times. This is an adult only site (left our teenagers at home) and is really worth the visit. Can recommend it....

Previous     126 Reviews in total, now showing 121 to 126     Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Shropshire

Win a £299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win a Holiday at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Park

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire