Reviews of Coopers Campsite And Caravan Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Peak District & Derbyshire > Edale > Coopers Campsite And Caravan Site Reviews

Coopers Campsite And Caravan Site
New Fold Farm
Edale
Derbyshire   (Browse area)
S33 7ZD
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant On Site   No Wifi Access
 Fishing 5 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 1 mile   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   No Tennis
 No Sea Views   Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  150 in total, now showing 131 to 140                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15

Reviewer: Michelle27 1 review from this member

31st july 2004
Just returned from a night at this site in Edale. Had a fantastic night.
Campsite was very busy, lots of happy campers :)
We had no problems at all with the owner as previous reviews have highlighted.
Showers were fine. 10p a go but this was long enough for me and i have long hair.
We camped up on the second field which is slightly more steep than the lower field! This caused much amusement trying to decide which was the best way to put the airbed!
Really enjoyed it and will be going back soon!!

Reviewer: simonbb 1 review from this member

July 2004
Fantastic!!! To all of the people who have written in with trivial complaints about this site I can only conclude one thing - that they're unable to enjoy the pleasures of the outdoors without 5 star Hilton accomodation.

The toilet block was fine. If you like your toilet blocks to be painted in calming colours with bouquets of flowers everywhere you look and a caretaker who gives you a friendly greeting everytime you walk in, this is definitely not for you. If, however, on the other hand you like your toilet blocks to be clean, functional and dry then these will satisfy all of the above criteria. I went to the toilet, it flushed, the end.

The showers are good value for money with each cycle costing only 10p. The showers are warm and powerful and 10p was more than enough for me to wash my hair and rinse it. Those with longer hair may need another cycle but it does only cost 10p so you can't complain (or so one might have thought)...

Mr. Cooper is a reasonable chap. I found that if I asked him reasonable questions he would give me reasonable answers. In the end, without his permission, we would have no right to stay in this idyllic spot so let's give him the respect that he deserves.

I found the Nag's Head to be a bit of a let down but that could just be that it was a bad day. I found the atmosphere in the Rambler to be much more relaxed, the ales were great, though the food seemed a bit more expensive

All in all, I had a wonderful stay which only cost 7 for 2 nights plus a 5 noise deposit which was returned at the end.

Reviewer: VSimpkins 2 reviews from this member

June 2004
Lovely site with adequate facilities (look a bit shabby but serve there purpose well). Well stocked shop, post office on site as well as cafe. Nags Head pub across the road very good food and drinks, although gets very crowded. The Ramblers pub not great, maybe better for families. We return year after year - great location.

Reviewer: FRANDEANE 10 reviews from this member

MAY 2004
We visited during the early May bank holiday and couldn't find any cause for complaint. The owner only came round once a day and didn't seem exceptionally grumpy. The toilet and shower facilities, although old, were clean and hot water plentiful. The showers took 10p pieces and only two were needed for a sufficiently long shower. Some of the pitches were on a slight slope but the views and the location more than made up for this. The shop seemed to be open very long hours as well and stocked a good selection of items.

Both pubs in the village filled very quickly in the evening and we were only once able to get a meal during the whole three days that we stayed in Edale. This was in the Rambler Inn and was not to be recommended. We also heard many others complaining of the calibre of the food. On the plus side (for dog owners), dogs were welcome both on the campsite and in both of the pubs.

Reviewer: jaynus 21 reviews from this member

June 2004
Managed to get 1 night off work so went to this site (again). I have read reviews from previous people and think some of them are a little critical.
The site is on a working farm so is not spotless. The farmer is not overly friendly but is not rude, he just doesn't seem to have many "people skills". The toilets and showers are adequate, the actual toilets are clean, it's just the building that is a little rough around the edges.
Considering all the bad reports this site is always busy and people return year after year so it can't be that bad can it?? The scenery is fantastic, the pub is about 20 meters from the site entrance. We have been loads and shall keep returning (we don't live very far away).

Reviewer: [rgmw]largie 4 reviews from this member

May 2004
We visited Coopers in mid May and we found that during this time of the year the site was reasonably busy. The site is on a gradient which made sleeping amusing!
The toilets were clean and tidy, but I can assure you that the toilet roll is tracing paper - so bring your own! I warned you...
Mr. Cooper did not 'visit' us, so I can not compare him to Basil Fawlty. He had a large number of pitches available for both tents and caravans and managed to keep an exceptionally tidy site.
Virgin mobile users - your mobiles will have no signal here, but there is a payphone located on the main road, so keep that loose change at the ready!
The Old Nags Head pub is directly across the road from the campsite and stocks a wide range of beers, soft drinks, fruit juices and spirits. Locally made Grays' ale is also stocked for the beer connoisseurs!
The Rambler is located about 1/2 a mile away from the site. I personally would not recommend it as the Beer Garden was littered with napkins, sauce wrappers and empty sachets, but this of course could be a one-off. However the 'Grays L.S.Lowry' stocked was of a high standard.
The Old Nags Head is the official start of the Pennine Way - all 270 miles of it! Coopers is in the middle of a mountain range so walking boots are a must!
Coopers is a ideal site for older, active families - which we will be visiting for many years to come.

Reviewer: Donny Mark 1 review from this member

End May 2004
Just spent the Bank Holiday weekend at Coopers camp site. We arrived later than most it seemed as we arrived at about 2.30pm on Saturday. Most of the site was already full, but we still managed to find two good family sized tent pitches, without being too close to other tents. It was left to us to find a pitch which in my opinion is better than being directed to pitch by the site owner. The site staff were all very friendly, no sign whatsoever of any 'Basil Faulty' type character checking tickets and patrolling the site.

The site itself is in a perfect location for walkers etc and is surrounded on all sides by steep mountains (Or very large hills) giving it a secluded feel. The land is gently sloping and didnt cause any problems except from trying to keep a pan from sliding off our stove, our fault I guess for not levelling off the new stove before lighting.

The toilets and shower block could best be described as adequate, they could certainly do with a bit of money spending on them as all the equipment has seen much better days. (A long time ago). I know its a working farm and we shouldnt always expect good facilities, but with the amount of money the site must be taking it would surely be money well spent, a good clean and a lick of paint would help. The showers were very small and there is nowhere to put things to keep them dry, other than leaving them outside the door or trying to hang everything over the door itself. 20p gave enough water for a shower for me and my 7 year old boy, the water temperature was not a problem. The washing facilities were also very poor, or at least thats how the ladies described them !!

The booking system is a bit strange, you send off a cheque with the dates you want, the site then return a receipt if you have been successful. The good thing about this is that we were charged 10 deposit for two pitches for 3 nights, therefore if the weather had turned nasty and we decided not to go we would only have lost the 10. With C&CC sites I think I am right in saying that we would have lost the full weekends fee, 3 nights with it being a Bank Holiday.

As far as the site is concerned we will definately return for the location alone, hopefully the faciities may have been upgraded by then !!

Reviewer: golddude 1 review from this member

May 2003
Visited Coopers for 2 nights from May 21st-23rd 2004.

The pitch - Very beautiful surrounding but it was on a slight slope so sleeping was a little uncomfortable.

Mr Cooper - Despite the other comments he seemed a reasonable man. Not the talkative type but polite enough for me.

Facilities - The toilet block was quite basic but it's what you'd expect for a campsite of this size. A word of advice: carry your own toilet paper, the supplied is what can only be described as tracing paper. There's a well stocked shop on site for essentials and a nice cafe.

Overall, an enjoyable weekend. I'll be coming back to this site later in the year.

Prices (small tents): 3 per adult / 1 per car / 5 noise deposit / To stay until 6pm on the departure day we were charged 2.

Reviewer: karlc33 1 review from this member

15 May 2004
I went for two days to Coopers Camp and had read all the reviews, I found Mr cooper although quiet was ok, not as described a Basil Falty type figure, I was surprised by how many people were on the camp which got quite busy (which must say something for it).
The pub The Old Nags Head over the road was ok although I did have a fair wait for my food (get a table number before you order,I made that mistake), due to how busy it was at the time.
The views are very nice and another advantage to the site is the information centre just up the road, near The Rambler.

Reviewer: zippy roberts 1 review from this member

March 2004
After reading a number of comments about this site I must just say one thing, I love the site. For myself and family we use it three or four times a year when I can from Feb to October the quietness and calm of the area is what we enjoy the most with the views. I have spoken a number of times to Mr Cooper who in turn has returned in polite conversation, the staff at the post office and cafe are very plesant too.
We are due to this site end of May and very much looking forward to it. The peaceful pub across the way serves a very refreshing pint at the end of a walk and on the cold days walking have a warm fire burning.
It gets a++++ for me.

Previous     150 Reviews in total, now showing 131 to 140      Next

Other Sites Near Edale      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Derbyshire

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 16/01 to 19/01, Event City
Over 200 exhibitors with all the new 2020 models and biggest ever selection of accessories. Plus win tickets! ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

Amazing daily prizes and a grand Christmas Day Star Prize - Coming Soon!

Register for a Reminder