Reviews of Rynys Farm Camping Site

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Conwy > Betws Y Coed > Rynys Farm Camping Site > Reviews

Rynys Farm Camping Site
Llanrwst
Betws Y Coed
Conwy   (Browse area)
LL26 0RU

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: 01/03/2022 to 15/10/2022

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 Glamping Units   Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches
 No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   No Wifi Access
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 No Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  198 in total, now showing 151 to 160                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20

Date of Visit: May 2008 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Gwynfryn 2 reviews from this member

I am a bit reluctant to leave this review as I don't want other people to visit it!. Cos it's a fantastic site run by Carol.

I visited it over half term with my son, to do some walking and mountain biking. Carol (the owner) greeted us and showed to where she thought we would have nice view etc, as our hook-up was not long enough she lent us an extension cable (f.O.C). She gave us details of where to go mountain biking, routes into Betws y Coed avoiding the main road. On Friday night we were going to have a fish supper and she recommended going into Llanwrst instead of Betws (Betws chippy is for tourists! Llanwrst is a 'proper' chippy).

I quite liked the idea of paying for showers, 10p gets you about 1 min, so 20p gets you washed fine. It means that there were never any queues unlike sites where the showers are free and people staying in them for hours on end.

When we said that we intended to do the Snowdon horseshoe she explained the best place to park i.E. Use the Nant Peris Park & Ride.

We had a great time and will be using the site as a base for our trips to N. Wales (we are trying to climb all the hills over 2000ft).

Oh and the final thing was unlike every site I've been to Carol was not to fussed in when we paid. We said we would stay for 3 nights and her reply was 'let's see how the weather is - if it gets bad you may leave early' ! unbelievable - never have I come across such a fab attitude, we did stay the 3 nights and paid £30.00 for 'van and hookup.

Totally recommend the site 5 stars from me - just don't go there when I want to visit.

Reviewer: Jonnyclaret1973 31 reviews from this member

We visited this campsite in May 2007 and found that the only fault with the place was having to get 10p pieces for the showers. Having just visited again this is still the only thing wrong with the place but the owners now leave a pile of 10p pieces outside their house on the windowsill for changing. Its an honesty thing!

We still love this place. Its my favourite campsite. The nearby Marin trail is fantastic for mountain biking and the site is a great base for a summit attempt of Snowdon. The site is still very well maintained. We visited the waterfalls across the road this time and they were great.

We will be visiting again next year and would still highly recommend this site.

Reviewer: Fernman 19 reviews from this member

Only my 2nd stay here, and now I can't understand why I haven't been back again and again.

It's a bit of a hair-raising single track approach road, though it's short and I never met anyone coming the other way! Carol, the lovely lady that runs the site with her hubs Gareth, is so laid back and friendly. She leaves 10p coins on the window ledge for people wanting change for showers, they'll charge mobile phones, nothing is too much trouble.

The top field was recommended to me, as the sheep would wake me at 5:00 am in the lower field! I could pitch where I wanted, though level spots were slightly limited, but that was no problem with only 4 other tents and 1 motorhome up there. The panoramic view is wonderful.

Who cares about paying 30p or 40p for a shower when the site is only £5 per person per night?

To me, this is what camping should be all about. I'm a bit worried about posting this review, lest the site become too popular!

Reviewer: ZigiT 4 reviews from this member

This is how a site should be run. Excellent facilities, friendly and helpful owners and great location for getting to the Snowdonia Mountains.

I can't praise this site enough. Although we have also experienced shower problems I would stay here even if it had no showers. Carol and Gareth expect people to be considerate of everyone else and that results in a lovely peaceful site.

Date of Visit: April 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Chellebradus 1 review from this member

What a fantastic find! We are first time campers and we could not have had a more friendly and helpful welcome. The site is in a lovely spot and is very well run.

We stayed on the top field but our electric hook up was too short - No problem, Gareth lent us an extension!

The utilities block is spotless and a pleasure to use. Quite rightly, Carole is proud of the site and makes sure that it is very clean.

There are microwaves, spin dryers, tumble dryers, barbecues, freezers, dishwashing facilities! Could be home from home :) There are friendly and helpful messages for when the owners are not available, very useful info about the nearest shops/towns/gas etc.

We made friends with the lovely site doggy, even if she did call in uninvited to help herself to our dogs lunch.

The sheep were certainly very vocal! It was lovely to wake up to the bleating lambs and the general bustle of a working farm.

Betws-y-Coed is a lovely little town and it's only a short trip into Conwy.

We certainly will be visiting again, and I shall recommend it to my friends.

Date of Visit: November 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Crazycamper 3 reviews from this member

My partner and I stayed at Rynys Farm for two nights. My first time there, but his third. And what a site it is! Loved it, the views are out of this world if your on the top field.
I noticed that the lower field was closed off with sheep grazing on it which had most of the electric hookup. The top field which we stayed on only had a few close together, which means if you havent got an extension to your hookup you had to pitch close together.

Carol was so helpful, gave us a book of walks to do in the area, as I had forgot ours. Never saw Gareth, heard him, but not seen. Not many campers at that time of year so the facilities were spotless. Everything you need was there, games room for children, a laundry room with dryer, washer, microwave toaster all on coin meter. Then a washing up room with freezers. And the showers, basic but very clean and the water was hot. Made a friend in Queen the farm dog, could of took her home! In all an excellent site and we'll be going back there for many years to come. Well done Carol.

Date of Visit: August 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Raljex 1 review from this member

Spent August bank holiday on this site in a tent. The site is set in lovely scenery and has a very relaxed and quiet atmosphere both during the day and in the evening.
On arrival Carol (site owner) was happy to recommend pitches and advice re local walks in the area. Toilet block and showers were basic but spotlessly clean. The showers run on a timer which requires 10p pieces, although they can sort you out with change on site. 50p will get you an un-rushed shower although those who like to languish may need to shove a few more coins in the meter!
There is also a small pool room on the site, although during the stay it was tricky to get in for a game as it was taken over by small kids! (not a criticism!)
There is a washing up room, again spotlessly clean with a freezer for chilling ice blocks and various spare utensils in case you have forgotten anything.
A wonderful stay in a peaceful and chilled out site. Will certainly visit again.

Date of Visit: July 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Tom.Doust 4 reviews from this member

Stayed here for 3 nights for some walking in Snowdonia. Its a lovely site, quiet, with superb views. We were made very welcome by the owners and offered a choice of pitches.

Its reasonably convenient to get into the mountains. Pen-y-pas is about 25 mins drive if you want to go up Snowdon from that side. Betws-y-coed is about 5 mins drive with plenty of shops, pubs etc. Not sure I'd want to walk it though, its along the A5.

The toilets, showers etc were very clean. The other stuff, freezer, other domestic appliances looked OK but we didnt use them. I think its the first time I've seen a microwave in a camp site!

I liked this site so much that I really dont like to criticize anything but out of a sense of objectivity I will - it was virtually impossible to get the showers at a stable temperature somewhere between too hot and freezing cold.

Still, that's not going to stop me from going back. If I want top quality showers I should stay in a hotel (and that ain't always guaranteed)  :-)

Date of Visit: July 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Mauricpage@btinter 4 reviews from this member

Arrived at the camp site after a 6hr drive and was made welcome straight away. We had a choice of where we wanted to pitch our tent, as it was muddy because of lots of rain the week before. Carol (owner)told us that we didnt need to pay until we leave in case we wanted to leave early, even though we had booked for the week.
  The surroundings were beautiful! The facilities are very clean and more than we expected. There are two showers and two toilets in the main block(showers are 10p for 2 mins)Then there is a large toilet near the top of the campsite near the house. There was a seperate room in the toilet block which had 2 tumble driers,a spin drier,microwave,iron and ironing board,hair dryer and a toaster! all of which were 10p for 3 mins or you could plug in anything you wanted for the same price.
  Mobile phones could be charged at the house for free! There is also a room for washing up with 2 large sinks and there is a freezer for you to put any items in or to borrow their icepacks. Nothing is too much trouble for either Carol and her husband Gareth,which came in handy as we forgot our airbed pumps, which had very strange connections which no-one on the camp had. Gareth soon helped us out and managed to pump them up for us.
  The site is ran along side their farm,but we didnt hear any noise all week apart from the odd bleat from the sheep, it was very peaceful. We had a beautiful week which was helped by Carol telling us about all the different walks we could do, they are even printed out on a sheet with distance etc.
  We enjoyed it so much we booked for next year the day we paid to go home!  10 out of 10!   well done!

Date of Visit: August 2006 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Joanne Annis 1 review from this member

Can't recommend this site highly enough! We had a great stay despite torrential rain every night, and the tumble dryers were really handy for drying off everything. Carol, the owner, was really friendly and helpful and the facilities clean. The pool- table was a godsend for the kids.
The pitches are good but we chose one under a tree - bad move considering the rain. The owners allow gazebos which is handy for kitchen space.
The sheep are in the field next door so expect some noise but the site is a working farm and this comes with the territory.
The area is great, we even got the boys walking which would never happen at home. We'll be back!

Previous     198 Reviews in total, now showing 151 to 160      Next

Is Rynys Farm Camping Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Rynys Farm Camping Site?  There is a shop within 5 miles  View all facilities

Is Rynys Farm Camping Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Betws Y Coed      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Conwy

UKCS Meet TribFest Music Festival 19/08 to 21/08
Tribfest is the biggest and best tribute band music festival in the world. Held in August in Yorkshire - Win Family Weekend Camping Tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2022