Visitor Reviews - Crows Nest Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Scarborough > Crows Nest Caravan Park Reviews

Crows Nest Caravan Park
Gristhorpe
Filey
Scarborough
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO14 9PS

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Pitches: Tourers 50 - Tents 200

Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 Fishing 10 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   Cycle Hire 10 miles   Golf 1 mile   No Tennis
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 10 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring 5 miles
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  222 in total, now showing 161 to 170                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23

Reviewer: Firefly0748 5 reviews from this member

Having stayed at the Crows Nest site before, I was looking forward to going back and we had a lovely weekend.

It was my husband's first camping trip so I had to choose somewhere I thought he would enjoy and I'm pleased to say he caught the camping bug! Phew! Although this may have been partly to do with the weather, I think the sea views from the cliff top were what swung it!

We arrived quite early on the Friday afternoon and found there was plenty of choice of where to pitch (the people who arrived Saturday night however did not have as much ease with this and had to slot in where they could which meant we had a family who pitched more or less on top of us!)

The washing up facilities were nearby and clean but we were a bit disappointed with the toilet/shower block which needs updating and is a bit of a trek should you need to go in the night! I'm not quite sure why these are down with the static caravans and think they could be better sited.

Other than that it was a decent site with a well stocked shop, pleasant greeting at reception and fish and chip shop. We didn't use the pool or bar so I can't comment.

I would certainly use this site again for a weekend break and maybe for a week.

Reviewer: Hullfella 3 reviews from this member

We chose this site to test our new tent and and I made a great choice.

On first viewing the site I was not sure if I would like it or not but it really does grow on you.

Plenty of space for our tent which we placed on the overflow field, we had a great view in the morning so wish I had stayed at the top of the site has it had amazing views up there.

Fish and chip shops was excellent and possibly the best I have had at a very good price.

I was surprised to see how big the bar was, which got very full on the night, bands played both nights which was ok but could of sung more tracks people had heard of before.

The beer was very very good and resonably priced

Swimming pool was very good, very hot and just big enough to have some fun in.

I do however have some negatives.

Staff not very helpful on site

It did make me feel sick seeing bins which had not been emptied for days, very annoying to find there is no where to place your own rubbish until they empty the bins (which I ended up bringing home) I can only imagine the amount of vermin this site must attract on the night.

The toilet and shower block, day 2 of our stay the toilets where blocked and left for a long time. The showers, there was plenty of hot water the size of the showers leave a lot to be desired they must be about 1 meter by half a metre in size

Overall though I did still enjoy my stay and will be calling back at some point

Reviewer: Litherland 1 review from this member

We chose the site for its facilities for kids and I have no complaints here. We did not get to use the pool, but it looked good, if a little small.

The bar and entertainment in the evening were great and they put an act on every night. They could do with putting on a real ale option, but I would not expect that from a camp site.

The problems we found that have put us off are: -

-> My wife and daughter report that the ladies often did not have toilet paper and in both the mens and womens the soap ran out and was not refilled.

-> the tent field was exposed. The wind was fortunately mild, but still manage to bring down two tents and the dome tent next to ours was trying to bend backwards for more than a day.

-> when we arrived it was in the middle of a swarm of insects. Every thing was covered in them. I have never seen so many flies in one place before. There was so many varieties as well and we nearly turned round and left. After a couple of hours they just disappeared. The next day we had no problems and then it rained overnight. We went out in the car and when we got back spiders had taken over the site. Our tent was a mass of spiders and webs. You could here the noise of insect sprays all over the site. After the spiders the flies came back and swarmed everywhere spoiling our BQ, then just like on the first day they all vanished by 19:00. Obviously this is not the camp sites fault, but at the very least I would not come back here in August when insect swarm in humid conditions.

Reviewer: Humph3871 1 review from this member

Just returned from 4 wonderful days at this site.

Was welcomed on arrival by a friendly and helpful staff member, and was directed to the camping field.We then pitched our tent on the field which was quite dry especially as it had been raining for two whole days previous.The field definitely benefits from no fixed pitches as this helps keep the grass alive all over.My children made full use of the well equipped play area which also had rubber matting under all areas.Toilet blocks are quite a distance from the camp field especially if you have young children who can be caught short at any time.The toilets were mostly clean but could do with some modernising.The on site clubhouse provides refuge for all sorts with large screen sport,family room and a spacious conservatory, beer a good price also.Did not use the on site chip shop although it always smelt most inviting.

In general this site is very family friendly and great value at just 100 for 5 nights in the summer holidays.Will definitely use again.

Reviewer: Hibberts141 2 reviews from this member

Good points well stocked shop and friendly staff. Good play area for children. Great views from camping field because it is at the top of a hill.

Bad Points dirty showers/toilets which flooded outside door in rain which are a fair hill walk from tent field.

Sloping field where tents were packed on making site very noisy all day and half of night. No hot water in washing up shack

Grass quite long on tent field

Reviewer: Philven 11 reviews from this member

Just got back from a really good weekend at the Crows Nest, we were pitched right by the kids play area on quite a slop but it was fine.

There were 4 adults and 5 kids and the weather was down to be terrible, but it turned out to be fine if not a bit windy - cant blame that on the campsite though! What is disappointing are the people who felt the need to smash up the toilet block making all but 3 of the toilets unusable - staff sorted this out as best they could. It might be being a father and middle age has crept up on me, but why do people show no consideration for others. We had a small fire lit and were just had a beer round it both nights - no problem but the number of people who just scream and shout til the wee hours I am not lying when I say 3am I was still awake. However when our kids woke at 6am we didn't let them go running around screaming and shouting - funny that. We had a really good time but I would say I think next time we'll go somewhere that has more strict rules and less groups of teens/twenty somethings. Also washing up facilities are somewhat lacking and all the electric hook ups were around the play area so all the bigger trailer tents were pitching there so you couldn't keep an eye on your kids. A decent enough site spoilt by loud groups (even though it says at the entrance about no large groups)

Date of Visit: June 2009 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: NeeksX 1 review from this member

This site was recommended by a good friend, enjoyed every minute, would go back again. Nice and quite. Large field to rear of the site to pitch a tent with amazing views over the beach. Only downfall was it was VERY windy.

Shower block was clean and tidy, a little dated. Plenty of toilets and showers so no need to ever que.

Didn't use the pub or the swimming pool, didn't get chance to. Went on a long walk just before dinner, was suppose to be a 15 min walk, was enjoying the views so much we were gone for 2 hours. Lovely walk, couldn't find a save route down to the beach though.

Felt really safe the whole time we was there.

Close to Filey and Scarborough.

The Fish and chip shop was a good price and tasted just as good as any I have tasted anywhere else.

Would recommend to all first time campers try to pitch your tent by the side with some shelter.

Date of Visit: June 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jh58 2 reviews from this member

Just come back from a weekend stay here, first time away in our caravan but we could not of choosen a better site, hard standing pitch close to shower block and toilets. The showers were free and hot, clean.
Nice fish and chip shop on site also small shop well worth a visit we will be going back again real soon.

Date of Visit: May 2009 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jbutter1 1 review from this member

First time to this site and first impression was great. Nice friendly staff, camp shop well stocked, toilet / showers were clean and pot wash was ok (when you could get hot water). Childrens park was great, soft surfaces and plenty of swings, climbing frames etc. Can't comment on the pub / entertainment or the fish and chip shop because we didn't get to try them but both looked ok.
Downside to this site is that you are very open to the elements in a tent. There is no getting away from the wind. We were unfortunate to have a tent pole break because of it; so ended up packing up and going home after 2 days

Date of Visit: May 2009 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Craine1998 4 reviews from this member

First ever camping trip to this site.

Very well stocked shop - bought a windbreak reasonably priced. Good facilities - toilets clean , no long queues for showers. Good pot washing station plenty of hot water.

We camped towards cliff -wonderful view but very windy (obviously)

Regular security patrol but be aware of potential noise at night- young campers - on site clubhouse with entertainment. Chip shop on site also.

Assault course style playground for kids -near to camping field.

Would return in future!

Previous     222 Reviews in total, now showing 161 to 170      Next

Other Sites Near Scarborough      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in North Yorkshire

Win Kids Camping Essentials worth 100! Win a BUZZ RACK Buzzpro Towball Platform

UKCS Meet Shackerstone Family Festival 31/08 to 01/09, Leicestershire
Includes arena entertainment, vintage cars, canal boats, planes, railways and much more! EXCLUSIVE Discounted weekend camping tickets ...more