Reviews of Hooks House Farm Campsite

Campsite Search > UK > North East England > North Yorkshire > Robin Hoods Bay > Hooks House Farm Campsite > Reviews

Hooks House Farm Campsite
Whitby Road
Robin Hoods Bay
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO22 4PE
Tel: 01947 880283

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 Fishing <1 mile   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <1 mile   Cycle Hire <1 mile   Golf <5 miles   Tennis <1 mile
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 Sea Views   Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  250 in total, now showing 181 to 190                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25

Date of Visit: April 2009 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Nick Acourt 3 reviews from this member

Although not bookable in advance, they did email me to say 'call ahead' on Sat Morning (busy Easter weekend) so this was very helpful and I got in.

When I said I wanted to stay the man said 'thank you for your business' or words to that effect. I was walked to a pitch and asked if it was okay for me. So far so good.

Toilets all v. clean over a v.busy Easter weekend. So top marks. No car noise issue whatsoever.

So, I had an excellent 'client care' experience. Also, children loved seeing lambs on the walk into village. One more thing. They very kindly sold me some gaz at 8am on Sunday.

If I go to the area again it is the only place I would stay.

Date of Visit: October 2008 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Alisonbaker 18 reviews from this member

The other reviewers are not wrong. Spent 2 nights here in half term. Hardly anyone there and could not believe why. The place is a diamond. It is really steep, lots of planks of wood around to even you up. The showers, toilets, facilities are all spotless and people keep it that way during the day too for each other. I loved the stunning views down to the bay, words cannot do it justice. Will definitely return if we visit Yorkshire again next year (which I already want to!)

Date of Visit: May 2008 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Mrs scott 5 reviews from this member

Very friendly and helpful owners. Helping with caravan when we where new to it. On a steep hill but they expertly sort that out.
15 min walk into robin hoods bay. 10 min walk to a decent pub with pool table and decent meals taking kids. Ideal for the rest of whitby and goathland.
Not too bad drive in from the main road. Toilets clean and good kettle, fridge and microwave there, ideal for bad weather as been there in a tent also. Not to full of airs and graces excepts well behaved dogs and tells people if they are too load or up late.

Date of Visit: June 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Ryan +Louise 3 reviews from this member

What can I say about this campsite other than it is my absolute favourite!

It has:

Excellent helpful staff,

Very clean toilets and showers,

Amazing location,

Good value for money,

The most amazing views,

Quiet and relaxing.

This site is a no frills does what it says on the tin kind of site. The toilet and shower block are converted porter cabins, this doesn't sound good but trust me you will be surprised once inside they are spotless and have plenty of hot (free) water. The staff unlike some other farm campsites (why are farmers always so Grumpy?) I've visited are always helpful and cheery. The views over Robinhoods Bay from the site are simply Breathtaking, I can't think of a site with better. It's a bit of a hike to the bay, not far but very steep, pushchairs beware. Once in the bay you realise it was worth the effort, it is a beautiful village and if the sea is out a rock poolers paradise. For all you real ale drinkers out there you wont be disappointed with hand pulled beers being the norm rather than the exception.

If I was asked to score this site I would give it 9.5 out of 10, I love it!

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Charlietobi10 1 review from this member

Just returned from this exceptional site that is run by Gill and her family. The are second to non, accommodating, helpful and hard working to make sure are all happy fine and having a good relaxing time. Nothing is too much trouble.

This is not my first visit to Hooks House Farm and won't be my last. It is a quiet site but occasionally you get the smell of the BBQ along with the guitar playing, sweet views that are breath taking all the fun of being in the country.

The showers and facilities are great my family inform me the best they have seen for a long time.

Gill has a gem of a site here and she works hard with her family to keep it that way. At times it can seem abit on the strict side on lights out etc when on holiday you want to have fun but then also remember others. Maybe when its the weekend there are so many people queuing to get onto the site in July/August its best to book.

Only been away a week and missing Hooks already, see you soon.

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: GaynLou 1 review from this member

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at this campsite and we thoroughly enjoyed it despite the un-August like weather! Jill and family were so pleasant and had time to be helpful and chatty even though they were obviously busy.

The pitches are on a slope but this didn't seem noticeable once we were set up.

The view was out if this world and the best we've ever had from a campsite and I've camped every year since I was 4! (I'm now 33)

The facilities were quite basic but very clean. The showers were busy in the morning, so I saved mine until about 7 in the evening when it was quiet. Washing up area and fridge/freezer very handy. We've been on many sites which charge for this service so it was refreshing to be able to use the freezer free of charge. The price of 6.00 per night is very reasonable and well worth the money.

A lovely stroll down the campsite through the fields brings you out just above RHB and close to the Fylindales Arms which serves good food.

RHB itself is my favourite place in the world so I'm a bit biased, but a great walk down and excellent toning for the thighs on the way back up!

The only slight downside is that we were very close to the tent next door, but it wasn't really a problem as everyone seemed quiet. It is also quite an exposed site so expect the wind.

Apart from that - A great place, a fab site and we'll definitley be back. Thank you Jill and family and keep up the good work!

Date of Visit: July 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Jugglingfeet 3 reviews from this member

We've called into this site before whilst camped elsewhere & were thrilled to find they could fit us in this time. Sadly we only had the one night due to work commitments, but it's well worth a visit.

The site seems popular with all kinds of holiday makers.From huge shiny twin axle caravans to walkers & cyclists with tiny one man tents & a primus stove ! It's mostly sloping, beautifully maintained,with mega welcoming & helpful owners.The central tent field is very well set out with plenty of room between tents we found.

When we arrived the weather was fine & we headed off to the beach at Robin Hoods Bay to make the most of the sun.This was swiftly replaced by rolling mists from the sea,& a night of torrential rain & thunder storms ! Were we bothered ? Not a bit. We woke next morning to the most stunning view & glorious sun !

The showers & loos are the cleanest we've ever found on a campsite. The only downside was only one of the ladies showers worked, meaning quite a queue .The gents were fine.

As others have said,this can be an extremely windy site,& while we found no problem putting our tent up,stopping it from flying away as we dismantled it led to a lot of carry on camping laughter !

We spent a fab morning in Whitby- while the tent dried out-as there was no hurry to get straight off site.We packed up for midday,& finally got our afternoon of sun on Robin Hoods Bay beach.This always has our kids enthralled looking for crabs in the numerous rock pools,but beware the tide ! It creeps in really fast.When you see the ice cream van move,& the girls with the donkeys shout 'last ride' you know it's time to pack up ! The walk down & back up is not for the faint hearted. Take it slowly with pushchairs & hang on tight. At least it's lighter going back up after the picnics all gone !

We can't wait for our next visit. Brilliant !

Date of Visit: July 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Sal1 1 review from this member

Just returned from a wonderful stay at Hooks House Farm - the site was busy - but beautifully kept - grass was really well maintained. Also pitches are well spaced. Facilities were great - spotless. A short walk to Robin Hoods Bay and straight onto the beach - coast walks to Whitby and great cycling - we are going back again in August!
The general stores just down the hill is good for topping up supplies. The owners are perfect hosts really helpful and nothing it seemed was a problem for them - also great for advising on walks etc. Didn't hurry us off the site when it was our last morning. Great value for money - set in a glorious area. A perfect get-away!

Date of Visit: May 2008 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Twoladies 8 reviews from this member

Fantastic Site.

On arrival made very welcome - we had our caravan pulled by a 4x4, levelled and checked for us and the same on the way home - what a service.

Views to die for of the bay. Facilities a little busy with queues in the morning and evening but kept very clean and who minds a bit of queue when you are in such a beautiful area?

Walking to the bay is very easy accross farmland where there are a mulitude of eating places. We will be back very soon.

Date of Visit: May 2008 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Joanne18 4 reviews from this member

Wonderful site. Excellent facilities and very friendly. The views are gorgeous and a few evenings were spent drinking wine and looking over the bay. Only downside is that there are very few level pitches. Ther's very few campsites I feel inclined to visit again but this is one I have used several times

Previous     250 Reviews in total, now showing 181 to 190      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Hooks House Farm Campsite child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Hooks House Farm Campsite?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Hooks House Farm Campsite dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Robin Hoods Bay      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in North Yorkshire

UKCS Meet TribFest Music Festival 19/08 to 21/08
Tribfest is the biggest and best tribute band music festival in the world. Held in August in Yorkshire - Win Family Weekend Camping Tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2022