Visitor Reviews - Crows Nest Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Scarborough > Crows Nest Caravan Park Reviews

Crows Nest Caravan Park
Gristhorpe
Filey
Scarborough
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO14 9PS

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Pitches: Tourers 50 - Tents 200

Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 Fishing 10 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   Cycle Hire 10 miles   Golf 1 mile   No Tennis
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 10 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring 5 miles
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  222 in total, now showing 11 to 20                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Doodlemum 1 review from this member

My boyfriend and I stayed here with our dog from Friday-Sunday in late June. Very torn about leaving a review, as the site is absolutely gorgeous and we really enjoyed our stay, yet the negatives may outweigh the positives for us.

The location of the site is fabulous, the views are absolutely breathtaking from the tent field. We were blessed with incredible weather (minimal wind and lots of sunshine), and in the evening we felt like we were on holiday on an exotic island soaking up the sunset and dramatic sea views. Absolutely stunning! We enjoyed the Cliff Top walk to Filey (around 7 miles round trip). The location of this site is certainly 10/10.

Facilities were clean, plenty of toilets and showers and a nice washing up area.

The negatives: the noise! There's no curfew here, so if there are rambunctious groups, be prepared for loud blaring music and loud voices until the early hours of the morning. After our first night, a family with two young children moved their tent near ours from across the field, saying they only had 2 hours of sleep due to a loud group next to them. Unfortunately, I doubt they got much sleep moving their tent, as we had a loud group behind us that was blasting music from the car stereo. We were SO lucky we remembered to bring earplugs, as without them, I doubt we would've slept at all. In the future, we'll only be staying at campsites with curfews, which is a shame, because otherwise we'd be back to Crows Nest in a heartbeat.

If you can tolerate all-night partying, the views here are second to none!

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Haggy1969 3 reviews from this member

We arrived for our annual trip to this wonderful site 29th May 2016 for a 7 night stay. What we didn't expect was a deluge of gales and fog for the whole week. We did get some respite when we drove 300 meters away from the coast at the camp entrance where we basked in hot sunshine. By the 2nd night we were the only tent left on the site but my dogged determination forced my family to stick with it until the end.

People were turning up, sitting in their vehicles for 10 minutes discussing options and then swiftly driving off.

However, the site as usual was very clean, toilet blocks are excellent (the best on any site I've been on) and the facilities and staff were superb.

Can't wait to go next year

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ethan0796 16 reviews from this member

Just returned home after spending 4nts here. Weather was hit and miss and we did encounter high winds, hail and lots of rain. Reception was ok and we were given a small map which showed us to our allocated pitch.

On inspecting the pitch it was evident that a tent had just left and the pitch was very wet. All other pitches didn't seem much better so decided to stick with original EHU pitch due to the pitch being well sheltered. It was a large/flat pitch and easily accommodated our 7. 4m tent. The pitch ran adjacent to the back of the dog park which was great for our big dog to let off some steam prior to bed time. The pitch was also adjacent to the good sized children's play area(Pitch 13).

The play park had a good selection of things for all children and the owners are in the process of updating the equipment. This was not a problem during our time here as they kept the work to a minimum which allowed our boys (ages 6 & 10)to use the rest of the play park.

The amenities block is excellent and very clean and modern. Family shower rooms with sink & toilet came in very handy at shower time and this was a godsend. My only criticism would be that a blind needs to put on the family room doors I didn't feel comfortable with just the frosted glass on the door, when people can walk straight past the door. But they are a credit to the owners on the cleanliness. Finally. Hate the push button on the shower, think I pressed it 8 times for myself to have a quick shower.

Plenty of sinks to wash-up and very hot water, under cover.

The bar was reasonably priced and our boys enjoyed playing pool but was a little disappointed that they didn't allow dogs in at this time of the year when its cold and quiet.

The swimming pool no longer has a slide, much to my boys disappointment(as per website photos)but again was great value at only 2. 00 p/person for the day, not per session.

The shop is large and well stocked with prices slightly over what I would usually pay, but we only used this in a morning when my children went down for sweets. The lady in the shop was very pleasant with my children and they made a point of mentioning this to me.

The site is in the middle of two large sites that are much more expensive, and didn't appear to offer anymore than Crows nest. My children have already stated that they would like to return later in the year as they enjoyed it so much and liked the lady in the shop.

For those with dogs. The site is great and the 2 local beaches(Filey, Scarborough) allow dogs until 1st May. Our dog was shattered everyday after playing on the beach. Was also told there is a great coastal walk which we decided not bother with, due to the mud, but can imagine this would be great in dryer conditions.

The views are fantastic and its only a short 10-15 min drive into Filey. 30 min drive to Scarborough & 1hr drive to Whitby. Would highly recommend this site even though the mud was an issue due to the amount of rain. Think all sites should now be putting some sort of pea gravel down in wet conditions to help us campers out. As muddy boots are not welcome in my tent and this was a daily occurrence, which could have been helped with some pea gravel.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Trevord2011 7 reviews from this member

Fantastic.

Booked a super pitch and turned up to find it was big pitch just off top of cliff. Shower block just over from us load of room loads of showers new and kept clean, clanersin everyday even on quiet days.

Kids play area well laid out, fence around it.

Lovely views from cliff.

Staff more than helpful and always available, site well maintained, grass area's well looked after and no litter about.

Site shop good value, fish and chip shop on site, even had dog padocks.

Will be back next year.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Walshford101 4 reviews from this member

We had a lovely stay here, from arrival to departure we felt relaxed and enjoyed the whole weekend. The reception staff were friendly and told us to choose any pitch we wanted, which was a bonus. We had a superpitch and had plenty of room, the only niggle was some of the other drivers didn't stick to the 10MPH limit and drove in our opinion too fast, especially when we had 2 young children and a dog with us, it's an accident waiting to happen.

The site was very clean and well kept and everyone who was staying there were friendly.

We didn't use the toilet facilities but these looked clean and sufficient.

The play area was fab for our 2 children 7 & 5 year old,

We loved the pool with the slide and I thought 2, 00 each for unlimited usage per day was very reasonable. The changing room could do with modernising though and needed a bit of a clean.

The shop had everything you needed and was reasonably priced.

The fish n chips were lovely and wasn't overly priced at all.

We decided to stay till later and we were charged 10 for late departure which I do feel is a little excessive but we are glad we stayed because we were enjoying our weekend and didn't want it to end.

We didn't use the club house so can't comment.

We really did enjoy the campsite and will be booking again.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Shem01 3 reviews from this member

Crows nest was our 1st weekend away in our 1st caravan :-) We found the site nice, everyone we met was nice, lovely shower/toilet block. The children's play area was great my children loved it.

They had a lovey sized indoor swimming pool but we didn't bring are swimming things so didn't use it.

It has a well stocked shop that has most thing you need.

The top field where the tents were pitched had great sea views but the sign post doesn't really tell the truth about how far the beach is, in my opinion unless you do a bit of abseiling down the cliff you cant get on the the beach but t is a lovely cliff top walk.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: SunshinecamperDR 17 reviews from this member

Camped in August, tent with electric hookup. Good size pitches, shower block which I saw them cleaning morning and night, good size showers with extra room for your towel and clothes etc. Washing up facilities. Childrens playground. On site shop, fish shop, small swimming pool and bar and entertainment area. Helpful man in the office, easy check in and helpful with info for the area. Plenty of pitches. Close to cayton bay, scarborough, filey and bridlington. Bus stop outside campsite. Close to Morrisons. Would stay again.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: TEZ217 1 review from this member

Hi, Just got home and I thought I would write a review of the Crows Nest Caravan Park Filey North Yorkshire.

It was our first visit to this site so I just booked a Friday to Monday in order to judge it for ourselves(75 pounds for three days and 2 pounds a day if you require to use an awning, Dogs are free on the touring section which I thought was very fair)

Despite a small hiccup on arrival where we were allocated our pitch only to discover it was already taken or should I say taken by a couple whom where having so much fun they forgot to leave, a swift phone call let them know they had overstayed and a 5 minute wait to find me another pitch nothing was a problem for the reception staff,

Well what a great park with wonderful helpful and kind staff throughout the site, the grass was immaculate and all the flowerbeds were to die for so top marks for the ground staff, the toilet blocks together with waste disposal and pot washing facilities were all in excellent clean order and plentiful throughout the site,

The on site swimming pool for which a nominal charge of 2 pounds per day is made for unlimited use was excellent and well used by all, There was a Family Bar that catered for all your needs pool tables darts etc, if its sport on TV then this is the place for you, the Lounge Bar featured live acts every night we were there, it was all topped off by a magician on our last night who had all the kids(and adults) on site entertained for two solid hours, the on site supermarket catered for all your needs and I must say the prices were very reasonable indeed so what more could you want. Well how about an on site fish and chips shop !, fish and chips for 5. 20(wow) and a host of other lovely meals to chose from and all could be enjoyed from there outside picnic tables overlooking the most wonderful flower beds lovely!,

We never had any kids with us, but they were all well catered for on site with a substantial play area which catered for all ages together with a games room with a good selection of games machines,

I myself was very pleased to see a dog park fully fenced off and a massive area to allow your dog some freedom to run about and enough dog bins on site also,

Just offsite was a bus stop which took you into Filey and Scarborough, or if you left site in your own vehicle then you had all of North Yorkshire to enjoy - Filey, Scarborough, Whitby, Bridlington to name just a few.

As you can read I really do like this site and I was very pleased, therefore I would definitely recommend it to everyone to try it for themselves, but for myself and my wife next time we will be booking a longer stay.

Thanks to all for reading, and a bigger thanks to all the staff at Crows Nest Caravan Park

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Longy1967 1 review from this member

Just returned from a few days at Crow's Nest, wife found it as our usual site was fully booked so booked for 3 nights over the weekend. Checked out the reviews on here and felt a little wary, some people posting negative reviews, rowdy, noisy, etc. Got to the site around lunchtime, nice quick and easy check in and directed up to the top field for tents, Wow, what an incredible view it is from the tent field, views all the way along the coast and a nice, large grassy field to pitch in, now comes the problem, there is no uniformity in the pitches, it is just a free for all where you pitch anywhere you can find space, which means you tend to be pitched very close to other tents, we are used to set pitches with a bit of space, but, as it is a coastal site, I can understand trying to get as many people in as possible, it is their livelihood. Field is on a bit of a slope too so had to prop up the cooker to stop it leaning. The site and facilities itself are excellent, plenty of water points, toilets and showers nice and clean providing everything needed, the shop was well stocked and very reasonably priced, far cheaper than some sites we have visited and the chippy on site, best fish and chips I have had in a long time, long queues but worth the wait. Bar prices a bit pricey I thought, but we didn't use the bar much, just a couple of drinks one afternoon. Kids used the pool once but didn't stay long as they felt it more suited to younger kids. All in all, we had a very nice few days, the lovely weather helped, my only major gripe being some very inconsiderate campers round us, one set who had to swear in every sentence, in front of and even at their own young kids, no need for it and also a group of people who thought the whole site would benefit from their choice of music blaring out, but they soon got shouted down from other campers. Will definitely visit again as overall, we had a lovely time.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Haggy1969 3 reviews from this member

I've been coming to this site since 2007 and it is a brilliant site. The new toilet block (2012) is second to none and the fenced off electric pitches are very spacious. I love camping and you expect to hear other people chatting or having a laugh at other tents so you don't mind that, that's what camping is all about so people who don't like it should book into a hotel somewhere. The club is great with excellent live acts and decent beer prices as is the shop and chip shop (best chips in the area). Really close to attractions like Eden camp and Flamingo land as well as Scarborough, Filey and Bridlington. We took a trip to the John Bull rock factory this year and to the amazing coast of Flamborough head (where I went 35 years ago on a school trip) I can't say enough for Crow's nest and the team are really helpful.

Will I be going back next year? Of course, as soon as I can book I will.

Previous     222 Reviews in total, now showing 11 to 20      Next

Other Sites Near Scarborough      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in North Yorkshire

Win Kids Camping Essentials worth 100! Win a BUZZ RACK Buzzpro Towball Platform

UKCS Meet Shackerstone Family Festival 31/08 to 01/09, Leicestershire
Includes arena entertainment, vintage cars, canal boats, planes, railways and much more! EXCLUSIVE Discounted weekend camping tickets ...more