Visitor Reviews - Crows Nest Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Scarborough > Crows Nest Caravan Park Reviews

Crows Nest Caravan Park
Gristhorpe
Filey
Scarborough
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO14 9PS

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Pitches: Tourers 50 - Tents 200

Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 Fishing 10 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   Cycle Hire 10 miles   Golf 1 mile   No Tennis
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 10 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring 5 miles
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  222 in total, now showing 191 to 200                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Dondon* 3 reviews from this member

Fantastic site even though crowded, it was school holidays! Lovely location. Views, beaches beautiful. Bridlington is a place to visit.

My 11 year old loved the £2 all day swimming pass. Pool great for kids and well managed by the staff. The pub was great, two massive rooms were you could decide which one was appropriate for the little ones. Watch the adult entertainer! even though 'well warned'!

A clean, friendly, site that will be visited again.

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Pretenter 1 review from this member

Had couple days there tent pitch was extremely busy so had to squeeze tent in as they have no set pitches. We arrived sat , all the bins were overflowing and not emptied till mon, no hot water in pot wash, showers even though free were a lot to be desired.

Great shop, pub was not bad and fish shop was a bonus. Swimming pool good for the kids, nice pub and end of the road plus a garage handy for things out of hours. Over all a good time had.

Date of Visit: July 2008 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Anamcara1 6 reviews from this member

Just returned having spent 4 nights at this site. Found the site very clean and tidy. The showers were a bit on the small side but the water was lovely and hot. The pool was suitable for children but not really for adults - too small! Not too pricey either - £ 2.00 each for the whole day.
The entertainment in the lounges in the evenings was very good. Mazani the magician kept the children well entertained. The bands were very good and the adult comedian a bit risqué but very very funny (good singer too!).
Walked up to the tent area towards the cliffs and was surprised that it was not more secure up there as the children's play area is there. There is a gate but it was not shut and there is a very steep drop on the other side. Did not allow my 7 year old to go alone to the play area just in case.
Dogs are welcome on the site but are not always kept on leads as is requested on poster on entrance to the site. Our neighbouring caravan left their dogs in the caravan during the day and they barked non-stop! However, not the site owners fault. Just inconsiderate dog owners.
Wonderfully sited for exploring Filey and Scarborough. Went to Whitby one day which is lovely. This is a very good site to go to when you have the children with you.

Date of Visit: July 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Mainwaring Clan 3 reviews from this member

Other campers had no consideration to where they pitched their tents etc. We came back from a day out to find two more tents pitched in our space. There was little shower / toilet facilities to accommodate all these people. The facilities were not very clean. The facilities could do with refurbishment.

Date of Visit: July 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Aamaggie 1 review from this member

We have just returned from this site and had a fantastic time even though we were with a very, very large group and we had never been camping before. The site has a very well stocked shop and has 2 club rooms which has good entertainment for all.
The site is well looked after and kept clean and rubbish is collected daily. The toilet blocks are clean but the showers could do with being updated and the cubicals made bigger. The swimming pool on site is ideal for the kids to take a dip when the weather is hot and an ideal way to get them out of the sun for an hour or two. There is a small but nice park with swings etc. on site.
There is a fantastic pub near to the site and its well worth going for the Sunday carvery. It doesn't take long to get to either Scarborough or Bridlington if you want a day or a few hours off site and there is loads to do either town. Good site & had a fab time.

Date of Visit: June 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Brianw72 1 review from this member

We went here as a family of 8 including grandparents and young children. We used the electric hook up for tents and found that to be no problem. The children's playground was ideal for the youngsters. The swimming pool was ideal for everyone and priced well at £2 each.
The shop on site was very well stocked and reasonably priced as was the fish and chip shop. We found the shower / toilet blocks to be very clean yet basic and only a short stroll away. We spent a Friday and Saturday night here and would definitely come back.

Date of Visit: May 2008 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Scorpiouk 6 reviews from this member

Site is excellent for visiting Filey, Scarborough, Robin Hoods Bay and Whitby. We spent 4 nights on this site over a busy bank holiday weekend. Shower and toilet facilities are pretty good. There is a well stocked shop, a good chippy and an indoor swimming pool but only really suitable for children.
The problem we had was that our pitch was only small, just enough room for our awning but no room for the car. Also the vans at the back were less than 1 metre behind us.
During the weekend we had problems with the electricity - at the end only the tv would work ! The warden / maintenance guy would have us believe that we were the only ones but that was definitely not the case. The site was jam packed with not enough voltage to go round !

Reviewer: Donna2903 4 reviews from this member

Not a bad site although as we were camping on top field it was very windy and the toilets were 10 min walk away and often no toilet roll. Showers not up to much and not enough for the amount of people using them.
Very noisy people in next pitch and although one of our party complained nothing was done. We won't be returning to this site.

Reviewer: Pete+ pam 47 2 reviews from this member

Visited this site for the early May bank holiday.

We booked a pitch with EHU and were told to pitch around the kids play area, we took the pitch right on the end nearest the pot washing area, nice big pitch, but the down sides were the Electric didn't work properly for the whole weekend it was intermittent, which caused our light and fridge to blow. When we advised reception they were not interested, and told us to unscrew the box and flick the trip back up, but I advised that was not the problem as the electric was intermittent, the handyman came up to try to fix the problem,without success, this appeared to be a ongoing problem that occurs often when we were talking to other fellow campers who have used this site previously.

The kids playarea is quite good, but is very noisy at all hours.

The toilets are clean, but showers are small and not the best. A bit dated and could do with a revamp, there is No water pressure and a small drying area so you can't keep you clothes or towel dry, not suitable for a family.

The bar area appeared to be good although we did not use it.

The pool cost £2.00 for children, although I think they just charged what they wanted as others who had used it paid different prices, the kids enjoyed it but it was a bit on the small side and the slide was not suitable for kids over 8 years old.

The chip shop was nice, although the portions were small.

The camp shop had a wide range of stock but was a little over priced.

The non electric pitches had fantastic sea views and you could pitch anywhere although it is not a level field.

Would not revisit this site, there are other nicer sites in the area.

Reviewer: POPCORN69 4 reviews from this member

We have just got back from a 3 night stay on this site for the end of may bank holiday.

It was our first time camping so I dont have anything to compare it to, but will tell you what I think.

You can pitch your tent where you like so it was nice to chose where you wanted to go, you can pitch along the edge at the top end which gives you fantastic views of the sea and bay, but is quite windy and would be the longest walk to the facilities, but you may feel its worth it for the view. The one thing I would say, on their web site it advises families that it is safe from the cliff top if you pitch here, I do not agree as there is a gate but I never saw it closed, so you would need to keep an eye on the kids.

The showers/toilets were clean and tidy, but were very busy at certain times, the cubicles are small and the floor is always wet so bit hard trying to get dressed without wetting your clothes!

There is also a laundry room with a washer and dryer, I did not use these but handy to know they are there if you need them.

There is also a pool which my friend used when he took my two children and it does look a nice pool, and I believe its about £1.50.

The on site shop has a good range of products and did not seem that expensive, they would have anything you have forgot I'm sure!

The chip shop was nice but portions were small.

The pot washing station was very busy at certain times, but on the plus side there was always plenty of hot water.

The childrens play area was really nice, handy to send the kids to while you put your tent up and down, my 8 year old made loads of friends on there.

The site was quite loud late at night, but to be honest after the sea air and a couple of drinks I still managed to sleep well and I am a light sleeper, the night time parties / bbq's did not bother me as we were in a group of 12 so we were up late a couple of nights ourselves, but if this does bother you, it may not be the site for you.

The shower block does seem quite a walk from the tents (about 3 minutes) ok in the day, but at night when its cold, it seemed a long walk! (although as I said, this was my first time camping and I dont know if its always like that) and if you are at the sea view end of the field it would probably take about 6 mins to walk there.

There was a lot of dogs on the site which does not bother me and thought I would mention incase you would like to take your dog, and although the signs say dogs should be kept on leads not many people did, and I have to say I only saw one pile of dog poo and considering the number of dogs, that was good going (I was worried I'd step in some in the dark!)

We only went in the club room one night and it was very busy.

There is a bus stop at the end of site to go to scarborough if you dont want to drive and try and park.

Some people on site were having pizza and chinese delivered, which I thought was a nice idea for a treat, maybe you can get the menu's from reception?

All in all we had a great time at this site, but we were in great company and the weather was fab, I would come to this site again, but think they should get more showers and pot washing sinks, as only 3 sinks when there was about 250 tents, did not seem enough, and only 5 showers, that was the only downside to this site for me, and I've got the camping bug now so im sure I will be back!

Previous     222 Reviews in total, now showing 191 to 200      Next

Other Sites Near Scarborough      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in North Yorkshire

Win Kids Camping Essentials worth £100! Win a BUZZ RACK Buzzpro Towball Platform

UKCS Meet Shackerstone Family Festival 31/08 to 01/09, Leicestershire
Includes arena entertainment, vintage cars, canal boats, planes, railways and much more! EXCLUSIVE Discounted weekend camping tickets ...more