Reviews of East Fleet Farm Touring Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Dorset > Weymouth > East Fleet Farm Touring Park Reviews

East Fleet Farm Touring Park

Fishing <5 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis <5 miles
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   No Boat Launch
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport   Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  352 in total, now showing 251 to 260                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36

Our site is open and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilets are Open. Our showers are Open. Other communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: August 2007 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: CAD65 6 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at East Fleet and have to say that it is a very nice site.  The pitches are of a good size, we stayed in the stable field site and had lovely views across the lagoon.
The shower/toilet/washing up block was the best I've ever seen. Spotlessly clean, constant hot water, the shower rooms were a very good size which had a sink and a toilet in as well as the shower, which made it so much easier to get dry and then dressed.
There were free hairdryers in the shower block. The separate toilets were always clean with spotlessly clean sinks. The washing up facilities were very good, always clean with plenty of hot water.

I have to agree with some of the other reviews on this site that it wouldn't be good to have a pitch next to or near to the childrens playground. It did get quite noisy and if you had younger children like we have, ours is 3 years old and goes to bed at around 7.30 - 8ish, there would be no way that they would be able to go sleep until well after 9pm.  But having said that I suppose it was good to have the kids in one area most of the time rather than making too much noise around the rest of the site.  So there's two ways to look at it.

The bar looked nice although we didn't actually make it there, we were quite happy with our bottle of wine and a few cans of beer sitting outside our tent playing cards and scrabble with our two older children aged 15 and 12. The shop was always well stocked with plenty of milk and newspapers every day.

Quite quiet later in the evening, heard a few people going back to their pitches but nothing to disturb us.  Heard the cows mooing now and again and that added to the whole experience of camping.

Overall a lovely site, a good base, Weymouth town centre is literally 5-10 mins drive.  Will definitely be going back again next year.

Reviewer: E_star 2 reviews from this member

We stayed for four nights at East fleet farm. Our pitch was in the lower field nearest to the lagoon. Initially we thought this was good but actually it was very noisy with people and children accessing the coast path and dog walk. Particularly the mornings were noisy and there was a lot of vehicle movement too, which on very crunchy gravel, was not welcomed at half 6 in the morning!
It was very windy and rainy which is to be expected in Britain but the wind blew endless through the beach safety sign whistling and howling  - thank heaven for ear plugs really!
The lagoon was quite smelly and the flies and midges were a problem for us until we purchased some citronella candles. Also the pitch was very slopey and finding the right place to make the best of the pitch was quite a task.
As many other people have said, the facilities were excellent and so clean - they were always cleaning the toilets and showers, even at 11 at night!
Good hot water and lots of it, although I found it very hot and would like to have been able to adjust the temperature a little.
A secure site with access codes etc and very close to coast walking. I would say though that we found the site noisy - we don't have kids yet, so would like to not have to endure the constant noise of other peoples' especially seeing as I'm a teacher and trying to get away from that!
The shop was well stocked and staff were friendly. We took a chance and used the communal freezer block facility - 8 of ours in a labelled carrier went missing - very frustrating.
I wouldn't go to East Fleet again, it's not terrible, just not for us. I'd prefer a smaller site and would sacrifice the facilities a little for a quieter stay.

Date of Visit: August 2007 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Dream Catcher 21 reviews from this member

Just a short comment to praise the owners for their understanding when I was desperately searching,  at the last minute,  for a site in the height of the season. I was in the area visiting a friend who had been rushed to hospital and wanted to rest my weary head after a long and stressful day. After receiving waves of apathy about my situation from just about every site in the Bournemouth/Poole area, the owners of East Fleet showed real concern and went the extra few steps to accommodate me. Most impressive! Next time I shall visit properly. It is easy to see the long list of impressive reviews are no accident.

Reviewer: Catsambo 1 review from this member

Just returned from a long weekend stay at East Fleet, and I will certainly be returning.  All the staff were very friendly and helpful.  Pitches were nice and big.  The shower block was 1st class.  They were very clean and had a toilet, basin and separate shower cubicle within the rooms, which is very handy with children.  Toilets were also very clean.  The shop is small but well stocked with groceries and camping equipment.  The bar serves food with a varied menu and reasonably priced.  All in all it is a great camping site and I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewer: Sarah Earl 1 review from this member

We have just returned from 12 nights at East Fleet with our 3 yr old twins and had a lovely holiday. It is a well run site with great facilities. We stayed in Stable Field which was well laid out with good sized pitches, although very windy alot of the time. Weymouth is easily accessible on the bus which was by far the easiest thing for us as it meant no walking from the car parks or returning to a hot car.

I would go back out of season, but would not return in August. It was very noisy, with too many kids assuming they had the run of everyone's pitches and too few parents prepared to supervise them adequately. We chose East Fleet because it seemed to be a quiet, family run site in a fabulous location, but sadly it only lives up to 2 of these 3 expectations.

Reviewer: Holmestimj 7 reviews from this member

Arriving on a Saturday we were met at the end of the lane by staff saying we could pitch first then register at reception. Good start. The pitches were large but sloped on stable field. They were well grassed. Registration was quick but the shop was very expensive so was the bar prices and food. The toilet block on the stable field was fantastic.

We dropped on lucky with the weather but the field could have easily gone soggy I think.

A good site but I am not sure if I would return, there seemed a bit of an atmosphere (not the sites fault I know). The ice block system was totally abused. People just ripped open your bags looking for any that were frozen and just took them. This happened to 3 groups whilst we were there, I have never had this elsewhere, perhaps its the people the site attracts I do not know.

In conclusion nothing damning, but nothing excellent would I return not sure but I doubt it.

Reviewer: SherylWarwick 6 reviews from this member

Have just returned from a six day stay at East Fleet farm and would say that the campsite was great as per all the other reviews.
You are allowed to take dogs into the Bar area, which we thought was a bit odd considering food was being served, but I must say all of the dogs were well behaved.
The toilets and showers were always clean and there was plenty of hot water. The family washrooms are a fantastic idea, but it was sad to see them being abused be individuals who just wanted the extra space (there isn't an awful lot of room in the ordinary showers), also you cannot adjust the temperature of the water in the ordinary showers which were too hot for my 5 year old daughter, but you could in the family rooms.
My one criticism would be that there are no rules regarding vehicle movement. Every other site I have been to, had a rule stating that vehicles should not be driven between the hours of 11pm and 8am. Consequently we were woken every morning by the owner of a van in the pitch behind us leaving to go to (I assume) work at 6.30am. One morning a car drove past our tent at 5.20am ! Not great when you're on holiday and I think this also shows a lack of consideration for others.
However, in spite of this a great site. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewer: Embish 1 review from this member

This was our first visit to East Fleet Farm and reviews we read previously done it lots of justice , we shall visit again soon .
The weather was wet wild and windy for most of the week:( kids loved it though they loved the freedom of the site and at the playground they made lots of new friends. The cleanliness of the place is first class , staff seemed to start work at 6am ! toilets and shower block always spotless as were the sink facilities for washing up and constant hot running water We had a couples of meals in the on site bar which were fairly priced and big meals :) would be good if the bar was open during the day as its only open 6pm till 11pm.Would recommend a good bar to go to the Luggers Arms was our first port of call after spending 3.5 hours setting up the tent in wind and rain

Reviewer: JMPower 3 reviews from this member

What a lovely site. I have to agree with most of the others here and say it was clean and generally tidy even though we had high winds and the ground was sodden it rained every day of our 5 night stay starting 25th July. Whenever we used the shower block there was someone cleaning. The family units where clean and never did we turn up and couldn't use one. We had four children ranging in age from 12 to 5 and when it rained we were stuck in the tent as husband was working. We felt that as the pub was only open in the evenings that meant the children couldn't play pool during the day if it had of been open we could have stayed in the dry playing games (pool only)which we thought was a disappointment but that was it . Lovely will be returning hopefully without the rain.

Reviewer: Kazmere07 3 reviews from this member

Went for a weekend. Nice site with friendly staff. Shop stocked the basics. Toilets and showers were clean. They were called family rooms with each unit containing washbasin, toilet and shower, superb for those with children or disabled. Site well laid out with good sized pitches but would be exposed to the elements. Great views of what looked like the sea but was actually an estuary and was unsuitable to walk along.
The dog walking area was dirty ~ DOG OWNERS please clear up after your dog ~ you give all responsible owners a bad name!
Great play area for the kids.
Short drive to Weymouth and nice clean beaches.
Look forward to visiting this site again.

Previous     352 Reviews in total, now showing 251 to 260      Next

Is East Fleet Farm Touring Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to East Fleet Farm Touring Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is East Fleet Farm Touring Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Weymouth      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Dorset

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 26/07
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more