Visitor Reviews - Sandwich Leisure Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Kent > Site Reviews

Sandwich Leisure Park
Woodnesborough Rd
Sandwich
Kent   (Browse area)
CT13 0AA

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <5 miles   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis
 Beach <10 miles   Watersports <10 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   Dog Walk

Reviews:  126 in total, now showing 21 to 30                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Wilkos 11 reviews from this member

We stayed in a wooden supertent which was great. The children slept in the roof, via a ladder - they loved it. Very comfortable/clean accommodation and a lovely site with friendly staff. Bookings must be paid for in full at time of booking. 100% recommended site. Will definitely be returning. Just a few minutes walk from supermarket/pubs etc of historic Sandwich. Nb. Bikes/scooters not allowed on site.

Reviewer: Lisahicks 4 reviews from this member

Quick and easy check in and was given a choice of pitch as a cancellation had just been received. Found pitch to be level but on the small side but electric and water close by. As it was bank holiday weekend the site was very busy and the small children's park overcrowded and with no space to play ball games. We didn't have to queue for the toilets and the shower areas were clean and we liked the showers that were large enough to have a WC and wash basin in, very good for families.

The site was noisy at nights with quite a few large party's of friend/ family's enjoying themselves until 1. 30am! Also you can hear trains as the track runs along side a stretch of the site, also road noise can be heard,

Sandwich is a lovely town and we had a lovely meal at the Crispin Inn and also at Thai Time. Lots of real ale pubs and cream tea places.

Would visit sandwich again but will stay on a smaller quieter site which has plenty of space for the kids to play and for us to have a bit of privacy between pitches.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Wildvoice 16 reviews from this member

Stayed on this site for a week's long break which included the bank holiday. Have to say that upon arrival staff were very friendly and pitch was a good size with water and drainage. That's the positive over, showers were dirty and smelly only 5 in total, dirty mop in corner which no one used, very dark in the shower room both male and female the water pressure was non existent we did complain was told they would try to sort it, the site over the weekend was full so you could imagine that the facility's they have are inadequate. Train noise didn't really bother us and the site was fairly clean. Have to agree with others that the site is in a good location to explore around and about, but as a regular cc site visitor this site falls well behind their standard especially when you look at the price you pay. It's not a site we will visit again.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Peterpaw 4 reviews from this member

My wife & I had this camp site recommended to us. We are both new to camper vanning and of all the sites we have experienced so far this year this one tops the bill for not returning!

We arrived and it appeared that the staff were in a little bit of a 'stew' to say the least yet were very pleasant. We received our allocation for a plot. We arrived about mid-day so were able to set up straight away.

After a light snack, my wife & I went off for a stroll around Sandwich. Being fairly local we knew Sandwich reasonably well and enjoyed the gentle stroll.

Upon our return to the site, we were confronted with a caravan parked on our plot and on the only available piece of grass a Range rover was parked! I could not speak to the person directly as he was constantly on the telephone!

I went to the office, and as soon as I started to express our dilemma someone perked up and said, 'oh, so sorry, I know what I've done, I put someone else on your plot.

With a rather weak apology, rather than asking them to move, I was asked to! I said that we were there first and we were already set up and my wife was cooking! I requested at least for the car to be moved which they agreed to do.

However, once I returned the car was still there and I was then approached by the person that owned the car. He apologised to me and said that it was broken down and they had called for assistance. Naturally, I could not in my heart do nothing about this.

As we were only there for one night my wife and I decided to put it all down to experience. Did we receive an offer of reduction on what we paid out for our plot - no!

As for the site, well it was clear to us both that they were clearly after making a fast 'buck' by the way they were cramming everyone and anything into the site. Clearly the plot we were given was for one vehicle or tent and was numbered so on the site power supply unit as well as the site plan given to us.

If you don't mind being like a sardine in a can, then the site is OK for you. But certainly for the money, we have both experienced better!

Peterpaw

Reviewer: Ian A Lister 2 reviews from this member

My wife and I have just returned from a weeks camping at this wonderful site. This is a great base from which to explore Kent. We arrived on a Saturday to a busy campsite but had a pitch, intended for 4 tents, all to ourselves for the first six nights. With it being outside the school holidays the site seemed to empty on the Sunday with the 'weekenders' all going home so that the rest of the week was really quiet and peaceful. By the Friday it was getting busy again and I presume will be busier over the school holidays.

The toilet facilities are quite immaculate. Yes, when it was quiet, the main blocks were closed and the unisex facilities were opened, but this didn't bother us as they were never that busy. The camp kitchen is fantastic, with plenty of Fridge/Freezer facilities available and the wash up area is undercover and kept very clean. The town of Sandwich is 'oldy wordly' and quite quaint, which we enjoyed. The town has a modern co-op for all your needs and the local chip shop offers small/medium/large portions (be aware, the Large is more like 'whale and chips').

The site owners were great and whilst we had very little to bother them with, when we did, they were extremely friendly and helpful.

All-in-all, this is a 10/10 site as far as we are concerned and well worth the long drive down from Glasgow to visit.

Reviewer: Shandy boy 5 reviews from this member

Just returned. Lovely site. Only downside they closed the separate men and women's facilities when it was quiet. You had to use the unisex facilities instead. Grounds well kept and nice touch with a camping kitchen with fridge and freezer as well as 2 microwaves. Lots of things to do in the area Dover castle is a good day out. Campsite less than 10 minute walk to train station so you can visit broadstairs or Margate. Try the sausages from the sausage company in sandwich best I have tried. Nice food at the St Peter's restaurant as well as the George and dragon in sandwich.

Reviewer: Westbury Camper 5 reviews from this member

We stayed at this site for 2 nights with our tent. The site is in an ideal location to explore the excellent local attractions such as the castles in Deal and Dover and the Roman fort at Richborough. The town of Sandwich was an unexpected bonus as it is superb with its mix of historic properties and can be walked to easily from the site.

Overall however we did not enjoy our stay on this site at all. The facilities (toilets/showers) were not very clean at all, and the pressure of the showers especially weak. Our pitch was strewn with lots of small bits of litter as indeed was the entire site.

The site is situated adjacent to a very busy train line. The trains run frequently and start from 6:45 AM! Add to this a busy by-pass that is noisy and Kent International airport nearby, and the site is not quiet at all.

My final gripe is that the proprietors charged us £2. 00 for an EHU that we did not want or need. We were advised that it was compulsory and that campers are unable to opt out. This does not seem fair at all!

Positives? Our child enjoyed the playground which is large with lots for children to do. The automatic barrier system is handy and the owners have lots of small animals that were nice to see.

Overall, we would not stay again.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jvc100 34 reviews from this member

We liked this site a lot, our children are teenagers and we don’t need the larger Haven style sites.

The pitches were well serviced and of a reasonable size, however you need to careful on booking as some of the pitches aren’t as good as others.

The site is walking distance from Sandwich, I would recommend not approaching through Sandwich.

The shower block was of a very good stand and design, with the over flow part it never seemed overloaded through a busy Bank Holiday weekend.

My only moan was the lack of reach/pressure of the showers. I had to stand with my back against the wall to get the spray. This was not at rush hour. The wife had no issue.

While there we visited Broadstairs and the Ramsgate shopping centre that has a large Primark, M&S, etc, Herne Bay and walked to the beach. It is an hour+ walk each way. You go to the quay then follow the river for a bit, then along a path, all tarmac. Then straight through the “Royal Sandwich golf course” it is fairly flat and the dog was off lead most of the way.

We would visit this site again, we have visited most of the larger sites in the area and this would be the one we would pick.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: I8blades 48 reviews from this member

This was our 2nd visit having stayed here last August on our way to the continent. This time we were on our way home. Nothing much has changed other than we are a lot more experienced.

The site is still very well kept, the pitches being spacious and some with hard standing.

He toilet block is much the same, but only the unisex part was open and there weren't enough toilets/showers for the amount of people on the site. The cleanliness left a bit to be desired. According to the check sheet they were only checked once a day, not enough I'm afraid.

There was 1 dirty old mop and bucket for cleaning the showers. The water in the bucket was a disgusting brown colour. They need a couple of the scraper type cleaners that they have abroad if they're not going to check them more regularly. Its not cheap to stay here and my policy is usually you get what you pay for but this is one of the exceptions. Its £25 a night and you aren't even aloud to ride a bike on the site.

There is also no motorhome service point.

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: MrT007 1 review from this member

We bought a folding camper in 2012 and being new to camping we need somewhere local. This was recommended to us by friends, since then we've been back 5 times.

The shower block/toilets are kept clean, always plenty of hot water.

The pitches are a good size and site kept very clean.

There is a kids play area covered by cctv so we have no problems with our children playing.

There is a railway line close by but never had any problems with it.

We've always met other friendly campers on this site and love going back.

Previous     126 Reviews in total, now showing 21 to 30      Next

Save to Virtual Brochure  Add this Site to your Virtual Brochure                                Share  Google Plus  Email Link  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

Other sites within 10 miles   -    All Sites in Kent   -   Search for a site

Three sets of AutoSock Car Snow Socks to be won Win a Weeks Holiday at Stafford Moor Fishery

UKCS Meet Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show 19th to 24th Feb, NEC
See the latest ranges of motorhomes, caravans, holiday homes, tents, awnings and accessories ...more