Reviews of Huntingdon Boat Haven & Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Cambridgeshire > Huntingdon > Huntingdon Boat Haven & Caravan Park Reviews

Huntingdon Boat Haven & Caravan Park
The Avenue
Godmanchester
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire   (Browse area)
PE29 2AF
Tel: 01480 411977

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: 01/03/2022 to 31/10/2022

No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   No Tennis
 No Beach   Watersports On Site   Boat Launch / Mooring On Site
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed
 Riverside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  45 in total, now showing 21 to 30                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Lilyvan 17 reviews from this member

Firstly must say I loved this site we were right down near the river and turned the caravan to overlook the river and boats going by. There were lovely seats and picnic tables set out just down the hill from us on the riverside. Best setting we had ever been on with our caravan and best view. Owner always busy and very helpful and friendly.

The bad points especially if you are in a tent would be the A14 noise it did not bother us a we are used to road noise anyway. Also although the toilets were clean the showers were not and also a lot of cobwebs and no water in the bucket with the mop all weekend. You do need tokens for the shower 25p each so remember to ask for them when booking in as I would not want you to be in the shower ready and then have to come out again! There are a lot of seasonal caravans on site and house boats on one side of the site.

There is a dog walk, washing up area and disabled toilet. It is only a few minutes walk to either Godmanchester a pretty village with a lot of old houses, public footpaths, pubs and some shops or Huntingdon a busy market town. We will definitely go again as it is local to us.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: 1320 7 reviews from this member

We booked in at short notice as my wife's parents were stopping a few miles away in there caravan and the site they were on was fully booked.

The site itself lovely, surrounded by trees and right beside the river and marina. The problem is that it is virtually underneath the A14 and the traffic noise is very disturbing.

The facilities were not particularly clean. Although there was the usual mop and bucket to clean up after yourself in the showers I got the feeling that was the most cleaning they got, and my wife isn't that keen on sharing her shower with spiders and moths !

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Stoppercoach 2 reviews from this member

This was the 2nd visit my wife and I have made to this site.We absolutely love it. The small tent field is elevated and looks over the river.

There is nothing better than sitting outside the tent with a glass of wine and a bbq on the go,watching the sun set behind the river.

The owners are very pleasant and helpful and try to keep everyone happy.

Traffic noise is noticeable but there is no way it will put me off this site. I would sign a petition to move the A14 but don't think it will help!

There are no facilities for children as such but it is a beautiful place to be.

Showers are always clean and tidy and a mop and bucket are left so you can have a quick clean up when you have finished,takes about 30 seconds to leave them tidy for the next person.

Showers are token operated at 25p a time.Water is always hot and you should only need 1 token per shower.I did not begrudge paying for showers.

We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back again.

Date of Visit: March 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Susanj 18 reviews from this member

This site has one of the loveliest positions of a campsite, and one of the least lovely!

How can that be?

The site is alongside the river and the riverside pitches are wonderful-great views, I agree with everything people have already said. However the other end of the site is almost under the A14 and the road is not only very audible, but very visible. It is elevated and so you can see the traffic thundering along.

Tranquil it isn't.

I was disappointed, as I think previous reviewers underestimate the effect of the road. The noise didn't keep us awake, but it was just generally very intrusive.

Having said that, the location is very convenient for walking into Huntingdon-good shops and places to eat.

The owners were very helpful and kind. The site is very well kept and there are nice little touches.

There seemed to be quite a few 'seasonal' pitches.

I think so long as you aware of the effect of the road, you won't be disapponted, as the riverside position is quite lovely.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Pearl Dunne 7 reviews from this member

I can only endorse what the previous reviewer wrote. It is an ideal location. Only a few minutes walk from the town and lots of fabulous walks in the area.The A14,although close, did not bother me one bit and I am a very light sleeper.

The site itself is very well kept, spotlessly clean facilities and the owners extremely nice and obliging.

I am looking forward to visiting again and I suspect I will have to book well in advance as great sites like this are vary rare.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: BigMona 97 reviews from this member

I'm sat in my deck chair still at this site as I write this review, helped by the WiFi they have here. The location by the river is stunning and last night we sat on a picnic bench over looking the river with a take away from the local Thai Restaurant which was awesome.

OK as others have said you get the noise from the A14 up above but you get used to it. I don't want to leave tomorrow.

Date of Visit: May 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Kavanagh 7 reviews from this member

Very friendly couple who own the site, clean facilities, well kept site. Our tent was pitched in a small area in between the river and the marina, amongst the trees. A beautiful setting,

Only one downside, the noise from the A14 which was pretty constant as the road was very close by. But after a couple of beers we soon got used to it, and luckily we had brought our ear plugs!

The village of Godmanchester is within walking distance where you'll find a small convenience store and a few pubs. Lovely walk around the river.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Madaboutmybike 4 reviews from this member

I had two great nights here. We travelled up on motorbike, a very warm reception from the owner and showed us a choice of pitches.

As we started to put up the tent, it looked like we had left pegs at home, I had a chat with the owner and he promptly went to his shed and sorted enough out to get me out of trouble.

Strangely enough, we found (missing pegs) but that's camping on a bike, sharing weight load ect.

Toilets, showers superb, well kept site, lovely and clean.

Yes was some road noise but you get used to it.

Easy walks into Huntingdon and Godmanchester, and several pubs to choose from if you wish.

Would I go back, yes I would and will hopefully get there this year, if not next, highly recommend

Date of Visit: April 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: The Bostons 1 review from this member

Our first time at this site and we had a great time, its small and friendly and we had a nice welcome and help to position our caravan. Easy walks into Huntingdon and Godmanchester and on site right next to river with lovely views. I did find it noisy at night with traffic from A14 but am a light sleeper so that was expected really and we plan another visit as we were impressed with this site.

Date of Visit: April 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: 21wetstuff 1 review from this member

Our first time here, easy to find just off the A14. No queues just a nice size site and not overcrowded, with pleasantly relaxing atmosphere including fantastic river views.

Polite and welcoming owners with clean toilets / showers and tidy facilities. With a slipway to launch the inflatable! 5 min walk to Huntingdon with high street shops, restaurants etc. We'll definitely be returning soon.

Previous     45 Reviews in total, now showing 21 to 30      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Huntingdon Boat Haven & Caravan Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Huntingdon Boat Haven & Caravan Park?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Huntingdon Boat Haven & Caravan Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Huntingdon      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cambridgeshire

UKCS Meet Caravan and Motorhome Show - Exeter 28/01 to 30/01
Come along to Westpoint Exeter for a day of all things motorhome & campervan. The show is held both in the main indoor arena and across the ground ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021