Reviews of Park Foot Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > North West > Lake District & Cumbria > Ullswater > Park Foot Caravan And Camping Park Reviews

Park Foot Caravan And Camping Park
(lake District)
Howtown Road, Pooley Bridge
Ullswater
Cumbria   (Browse area)
CA10 2NA

Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool 5 miles
 Horse Riding On Site   Cycle Hire On Site   No Golf   Tennis On Site
 Beach On Site   Watersports 1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring On Site
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  324 in total, now showing 291 to 300                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33

Reviewer: Missizippi 9 reviews from this member

August 2005
Very large site! we chose the overflow field at the top with wonderful views of the lake. Thought it might be a little quieter late at night - the lower tent fields looked a bit like glastonbury! However some other campers soon decided to pitch right on top of us, with at least 3 tents, windbreaks forming a 'garden', large BBQ in a trailer and obviously up for a 'really great time'. They seemed to have one - and were still having one at 2am!
Hopefully they will have lost their noise depoist, which we didn't all have to pay. Apparently (and this is what I was told when I asked) the staff only ask for a noise deposit if you look like you will be rowdy. When I asked why we didn't have to pay a deposit I was told that we looked 'respectable enough'!!!
Anyway, back to the camping - facilities were fine, clean enough and shower pressure and temp good. The overflow field has its own toilets which was brilliant as we could let our kids go alone and be able to see them from the tent.
We had 5 children with us aged beween 9 and 1 but I would say the site is more geared up for the 9-16 age bracket. The play areas didn't have anything suitable for toddlers - not even a swing.
We ventured to the disco on the last night - very smokey, very crowded and a round of drinks (non alcoholic) came to £10. Needless to say we didn't stop long - quick boogie then back to the tent. The kids loved the camping experience but we could have gone to a smaller less equipped site and had a better time. Perhaps we'll return when they're teenagers!

Reviewer: Polar69 4 reviews from this member

July 2005
Just returned from a week long visit to Park Foot. Was a bit apprehensive reading some of the reviews but never had any trouble in the time we were there.

Park foot is a HUGE camp site , it has at least four fields for tents ,plus an overflow field. You have a choice of pitching by the lake or on the hillside. We chose the hillside and pitched on one of the tree line terraces there. The only problem we did have was getting tent pegs to stay in as the ground where we wee can only be described as stoney, but having said that there were plenty of free pitches we could have moved to.

Washing facilitys are good, cleaned twice a day, I only saw 2 plate washes onsite but never had to queue for more than a few minutes. Onsite shop is well stocked with fresh croissants cooked onsite and a reasonably well stocked camping equipment dept. I only went in the clubhouse on the last day but it was a decent size and well furnished ( if a little expensive ) There is a cash machine in the clubhouse. Camping Gaz , calor etc all available onsite, bike hire also and pony trekking for the ladies

Reviewer: Tallulah_bb 3 reviews from this member

July 2005
Just got back from a weekend at this campsite and felt I must add my comments. Unfortunately I must agree with some of the negative comments on this site. The facilities were well built but got dirty and although I did see them being cleaned, this did not happen often enough. It was a long walk to the shower and then the water pressure was such that if more than 1 person was using the block it was only a trickle down the wall. Some of the staff from Parkfoot appeared to think they are more important that the customer.
We had to pay a £10 noise deposit which would have been fine if we had been advised of this when we booked, but because we were not we were forced to pay on a card and therefore charged 50p for the privilege!
On the one occasion we did venture into the clubhouse we were met by rude staff, numerous faults with our breakfast, (not all arriving at the same time, cold food, uncooked sausages to name but a few.) It was smoky and the decor was tired. Then to add insult to injury as we left we visited the toilet in the bar and found that someone else had been so unhappy they had felt the need to smear poo all down the side of the toilet wall!! This, judging by the smell, had been there a while but not cleaned up!
When we went to claim back the noise deposit we produced the two slips of paper we were told we needed but once again awkward staff were reluctant to help and said we needed the yellow slip of the front of the tent. (We were told we did not need this when we booked in.)
This was a busy weekend but perhaps they should be a bit more selective with their bookings if they can not cope with the demand. We were not the only unhappy customers; some were more vocal than us.
I will be choosing somewhere else next time.

Reviewer: Terrybnd 4 reviews from this member

July 2005
Having read the reviews on this site me and some friends decided to give it a try! Disappointing, I'm afraid!! The facilities were mostly excellent. Handy shop, takeaway etc. My problem was the organisation of the park and the staff.

Sure it was a busy weekend, they always are in good weather this time of year. But the staff tended to be rude, ignorant and not very helpful to say the least. They came across as just being there to take your money so you can just wander off and try and find somewhere to camp.

Yes, the fields and layout of the buildings etc were appealing to the eye. but I found no sign of any organisation of the pitches etc. It was a free for all!!! If your not careful pitching in the middle of the field you may find your car surrounded by other tents!

Noise was a serious issue - late night revellers etc. Myself was out drinking and stayed up til 2am but there were still people meesing about and making a nuisance at 4am!!! I'm 28 - I'm no prude but I do have some respect. When contacting the staff to help in dealing with noisy rude neighbours I got no support whatsoever! Being a big lad I fortunately dealt with it myself on my own. But I shouldnt have to be made to put myself in those situations.

Pot luck maybe, but the place I'd recommend for families. Kids will love the trees, beach, stream and swings etc.

The location is pleasant but not stunning. Half the time you might not appreciate you are in the Lake District! All in all I've been to much better campsites of this commercial type in the Lake District.Prices ok. Its just very average with some great potential but let down really by poor customer service and organisation

Reviewer: Simon67 1 review from this member

July 2005
Just returned from a good weekend at Park Foot. 1st impression was of how vast and busy this site really was! Pitched not far from the clubhouse overlooking some beautiful scenery on well kept, though rather uneven, ground.

On the whole this is a lovely site in glorious surroundings, excellent facilities and the staff i saw, (mainly behind the bar!!) were friendly.

BUT...........

Being disabled i feel there are some points i must raise to warn others in the same situation. The main facilties are located around the clubhouse, which is itself situated on a rather steep bank! Anyone with problems walking, like myself, will have problems. The clubhouse, as far as i could see, had no wheelchair access, and certainly not from the main door which had 3 or 4 semi-circular steps, without a handrail, leading to a narrow entrance door. This was populated almost entirely with children/teenagers doing their best to look cool and act hard with their mates! I suppose a lot of people could be intimidated by this!
The bar/dancefloor itself would have benefitted from being half as big again with wider aisles, (personally i couldnt see how a wheelchair user would get to the bar!). The next point is the number of children running wild.......now, dont get me wrong here, i love kids and want to see them having fun! Im just pointing out the possible problems for the disabled camper! Quite a few parents seemed to 'dump' their kids around the dancefloor and go off to the restaurant or outside!
Also, i have to add, its the 1st site ive been to that has had 'bouncers' on the door and round the bar! All told, if you dont mind the 'chav' atmosphere, and the kids acting hard, its a good, well priced bar thats great for kids! Oh, 1 more thing......NO late licence!!!!! Last orders 10.50 on the dot!! Shutters down 11pm..on the dot!! Music stops...11.20 on the dot!! We were asked to leave and they were hoovering round us at 11.30!!

Further to comments made in other reviews, we had no trouble at all with noise after midnight, and we were in a very busy spot!

Toilets and showers were plentiful and very clean...apart from the morning rush! Great disabled toilet AND shower. Well done Park Foot! If it wasn't for the bank they were on id say they were the best id seen.

Best thing about stay......scenery, location and condition of the site!
Worst thing about stay......amount of kids hanging round clubhouse entrance and the steps near the take away on a night!

Would i go back?......Oh yes, now i know what to expect!

Reviewer: BigJim 1 review from this member

June 2005
This was our first family (2 adults and 2 teenagers) camping trip, and it was extremely enjoyable. The site is well maintained and the facilities clean and tidy. Security on the site is good.....got told off about 12.30am for being a bit noisy (ive got a deep laugh). Will definatly go back to this site.

Reviewer: Ianpne 3 reviews from this member

June 2005
I have just got back from spending a weekend at Park Foot and I cannot recommend it highly enough.The site was busy but the toilets & showers were still spotlessly clean we didnt have to queue to use any of the facilities either because there are plenty.The site shop is amazing and sells pretty much anything that you could want & at reasonable prices too.The bar was great & again reasonably priced and well staffed so not much waiting there either.The kids loved the place and made lots of new friends while playing in the fantastic play areas.In all a superb site and I cant wait to go back.

Reviewer: Garsden 1 review from this member

May 2005
We have visited the site many times in the last five years but this year we found the campsite dirty and overpriced. Unless you are up before 8am expect queues for the showers (20p for 6 minutes), queues for the sinks to wash your pots and letís not forget the queues in the shop. The facilities are not kept clean with plenty of cobwebs and spiders in the shower block and hairs in the sinks. It's a shame the campsite has gone downhill because it is a great location, near to the local pubs in Pooley Bridge and close to Ullswater lake but we won't be visiting again.

Reviewer: Pedder 1 review from this member

May 2005
Just returned from a long bank holiday weekend to the Park Foot site. It was the first time we have been camping as a family. 2 adults (aged 28) and our 2 boys (aged 7 and 2).

The campsite was of a very high standard. The facilities are excellent, including the showers / toilets, washing facilities, the childrens play areas and the excellent location. The campsite was very busy, however we did not experience any difficulties and we never had to wait to use any facilities.

Reviewer: Lindseyn 1 review from this member

May 2005
It is a lovely site with good clean facilities & beautiful views from the bottom field. We were in the middle field (tent with electric) and it was too noisy for us. It was a bank holiday so we expected it to be busy but it was a bit like camping in a car park. There was a lot of noise in the evening, with people coming back from the club house, although it did quieten down a bit after 12. The club house was very busy and it was quite smoky in the food area.

Previous     324 Reviews in total, now showing 291 to 300      Next

Other Sites Near Ullswater      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cumbria

UKCS Meet Motorhome and Caravan Show 15/10 to 20/10, NEC Birmingham
All the new 2020 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans Ė plus 1000s of accessories ...more