Reviews of Manor Farm Caravan And Camping Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Cromer > Manor Farm Caravan And Camping Site Reviews

Manor Farm Caravan And Camping Site

No Horse Riding   Cycle Hire On Site   Golf 5 miles   No Tennis
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 10 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring 10 miles
 Sea Views   Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  351 in total, now showing 291 to 300                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36

Date of Visit: May 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Janles 1 review from this member

We have visited this site twice now both times for the bank holiday weekend. It is a very well thought out site with a separate field for campers with dogs. The staff were friendly although on our first visit we only saw them once (when we first checked in). The toilet/shower blocks are clean & well kept. We stayed on Marl Pit and had a beautiful sea view. On our second visit we were unfortunate to experience very bad weather in fact it never stopped raining and was extremely windy and very cold which was made worse by a power cut to the Cromer area which left us with no electric for an hour and a half!
 There is a co-op supermarket very close and morrisons within easy walking distance, there's also an argos nearby which we found very handy on our first visit when we needed to buy an electric heater! There is also a pub/restaurant within easy walking distance called Buffers, the owners & staff are very friendly & welcoming & the chef is second to none, try the carvery it is absolutely scrumptious.
 We would definitely stay at this site again but hope for better weather next time!

Date of Visit: March 2007 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Derry 5 reviews from this member

Visited Manor farm for the Easter holiday ,stayed on the Marl pit field. Two clean toilet / shower blocks on this field, one newish and another more elderly. Gurney plantation field has two new amenity blocks and I would use this field in future, did not inspect the amenity blocks on the Molls meadow field but they looked older from the outside.
 All fields appear to be well drained with sandy soil and all three fields have terraced level pitches on a sloping site with good sea views. Cromer and East Runton are within walking distance as are two supermarkets. The approach road to the site is very narrow with high banks on either side but there is an easier road signposted Manor farm from East Runton.
 I did not have (or need) much contact with the site owners but they seemed pleasant enough when I did. Overall a fantastic site and excellant value and will visit again ,also I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who is after a peaceful family holiday, a 9/10 site.

Reviewer: Simonanddeb 9 reviews from this member

Sorry our review is a bit late. We stayed on molls meadow for 2 weeks in August. Amazing - most of the rain we had was at night (fantastic storms) Our 2 year old the night before we left came down with chicken pox – this didn’t even didn’t dampen our spirits or his as we knew that we would be spending our holiday in a lovely place that would overcome anything. As it was we had a fantastic time Josh didn’t suffer too much & thanks to the advice from the pharmacist in Boots in Cromer he spent the holiday itch free!

On arrival camp site staff were friendly & helpful, the site was clean & well maintained as usual shower blocks very clean which obviously makes it a pleasure to stay at such a well maintained site. As promised in 2005 we came back with our baby westie and the 2 older (but not wiser) kids who did not accompany us the year before and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves – Cromer excelled itself again with carnival week – the Red Arrows  and the Firework display were fantastic – with the best views from molls meadow along with fellow campers – we are already planning summer 2007 along with several other family members (counting the days)   Keep up the good work Manor Farm – see you August

Reviewer: ChrisHJ 2 reviews from this member

August 2005
August (05) Bank Holiday. Manor Farm is a nice site although I was a little annoyed to find that the 20 feet between pitches rule was completely ignored finding a tent no more than two feet from ours upon our return on a trip out. We were pitched in Dog Field. Showers/Toilets were fine. Some irresponsible owners allowed their dogs to run around without leads resulting in one of our dogs being attacked by a Jack Russell and me sustaining a dog bite to get the offending dog off ours.
We would definitely go back again but it would be useful if the site owners could emphasise the 20 foot rule plus dogs on leads at all time.

Date of Visit: August 2006 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: M+E1971 3 reviews from this member

Have visited this site three times in the past three years with my wife and two children. On our first two visits we were generally pleased with the site which prompted our return for a third year running. By the time of our third visit we had aqquired a somewhat energetic jack russell and were required to use the dog field. Upon arrival I was allocated my pitch. At the very top of the field on an uneven surface I struggled to get my van into position (only possible with a 4x4 on this gradient with damp ground). The pitches were small, and with an awning in place I had to park my car across the front of the van. In fairness, I must add that this was in stark contrast to my previous visits (without dog) where I enjoyed the luxury of Gurneys field, which I would wholeheartedly recommend. The reception staff were not particularly welcoming although not unhelpful and I felt that perhaps there was some room for improvement in their manner (no pun intended).

I think that Ive pretty much finished with my dislikes and can now move on to the better points. Toilets blocks are fairly modern and showers are free with a plentiful supply of (almost), hot water. The childrens play areas were well equipped and well maintained. Laundry facilities are available at a cost of three pounds per wash and 50p coins for the drier.

The town of Cromer is within easy walking distance of the site via a small bridge over the railway line and a well marked path across the field, accessible from the bottom entrance to the site. A large co-op store is also located within 200 mtrs of this entrance.

Two adults, two children, a dog, an awning and electric hook up cost me 19.50 per night. In view of the ideal location I considered this to be a reasonable price, although I must admit that I will probably not visit again unless without my dog as I felt that dog owners had seriously downgraded pitch locations.

Reviewer: Aimikay 1 review from this member

First camping trip in years and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Myself, husband, daughter and 4 step children.  Excellent facilities, lovely views, weather not bad and great neighbours who helped when we had a few problems putting our tent up.  Hope to visit again in the very near future.  Would definitely recommend this site.

Reviewer: DEBS1962 1 review from this member

Reception staff not very helpful or welcoming, pitches were close together, not like the pictures the web site show, shower blocks were ok, lots of creepy crawlies and spider webs. Were not very well cleaned.
Trains ran round the site quiet often from dawn till dusk and you hear planes overhead. Bins were emptied at 5 am during our stay.
There is a sewer farm near the camp site which you could smell when the wind was in the right direction, also a smell of chickens from the farm.
This site was not relaxing for us, we would have had a quieter time with the tent pitched in our back garden !
The best thing about this site was the ice-cream van that came round twice a day, the ice's were lovely !

Reviewer: Helenm26 2 reviews from this member

Went in a very wet and windy week, have to say site was very clean and water hot and FREE including showers. Just felt as though you were on your own though, no markings for pitches, 6 metre rule was ignored by lots, but no one checked, site says no commercial vehicles, we had a BT van next to us! Never saw owners of site all week, we reported a tent that was blowing away, no one seemed to care. Dont think I would go back.

Date of Visit: August 2006 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: SammyJaneR 12 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a five night stay over the bank holiday weekend and would definitely recommend this site. The site has three fields to suit different needs. We were on Gurneys Plantation which has serviced pitches for caravans and motorhomes. We had fantastic views of the sea from our pitch and although the site was full the facilities were very clean. The other fields did look much busier though. The site is in a fantastic location just outside Cromer. There are supermarkets within short walking distance and lots of things to do in the area. We can recommend a visit to Pensthorpe Waterfowl Centre.

Date of Visit: August 2006 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Biffy 1 review from this member

Have just stayed over the bank holiday with our caravan, I have to say it was a bit of a free for all. We paid for electric hook up but struggled to park our car next to our caravan as people were pitching so close to our caravan, not the 6 metres on their information sheet. People with tents were just pitching anywhere with no thought for any body else. This could have done with some king of warden checking the pitches or a more organised system.

The toilets were very busy and could do with updating but were always clean.

We took our dog and stayed on Molls Meadow, good views and close to local amenities.

Very noisy at night, people were making a lot of noise until midnight, most nights, and the dustbin men woke you at around 5.00am so not much sleep some nights. Did not seem to be any warden controls for such a large site.

I would not use again because if I pay for a serviced pitch I like to be able to park my car next to my caravan and be able to walk around my caravan and change my water etc with out having to walk over other peoples tents pegs and ropes. Even on a bank holiday I still expect to get the pitch that I have paid for.

Previous     351 Reviews in total, now showing 291 to 300      Next

Other Sites Near Cromer      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Norfolk

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 16/01 to 19/01, Event City
Over 200 exhibitors with all the new 2020 models and biggest ever selection of accessories. Plus win tickets! ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

Amazing daily prizes and a grand Christmas Day Star Prize - Coming Soon!

Register for a Reminder