Reviews of Park Foot Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > North West > Lake District & Cumbria > Ullswater > Park Foot Caravan And Camping Park Reviews

Park Foot Caravan And Camping Park
(lake District)
Howtown Road, Pooley Bridge
Ullswater
Cumbria   (Browse area)
CA10 2NA

Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool 5 miles
 Horse Riding On Site   Cycle Hire On Site   No Golf   Tennis On Site
 Beach On Site   Watersports 1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring On Site
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  324 in total, now showing 301 to 310                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33

Reviewer: Glallan 8 reviews from this member

August 2004
Excellent site, good position, easy access to Ullswater ferry. Good facilities for kids, not to commercial. Good shop/bar, site security good. Prices a little higher than average but well worth it. Well recomended for a quiet family weekend with small children.

Reviewer: Alan111music 1 review from this member

July 2004
I have been to Parkfoot camp site for the last 3 years, and have always been treated very well. The food is excellent, the shop is always well stocked, I have never met staff as friendly anywhere else. The views are breathtaking - I can't rate this site highly enough.

Reviewer: Shay 1 review from this member

August 2004
Reading the reviews it seems like I stayed at a different site. The site was awful, facilities dirty and the staff rude and dismissive. we had a lot of problems with some other campers, were actually threatened and the site managers attitude was "well, what do you want me to do about it!"
If you want a nice holiday this is not a site I would recommend.

Reviewer: Shabba71 2 reviews from this member

August 2004
We used this campsite 2 weekends ago for our first ever camping trip and we were so impressed we've just been back for a further week!

The kids were kept busy the whole time and evenings in the clubhouse were a hit with us all.

All the facilities on-site were great, from a shop that sells everything (and at reasonable prices too) to the restaurant which offered excellent value for money and good quality food.

One criticism would be the toilet & shower block which could have been cleaner but this was mainly caused by a few inconsiderate campers rather than negligence.

I was a little apprehensive after reading some reviews about unhelpful staff but I have to say although I didn't encounter any problems during our stay, the staff I did deal with were great... the bar staff are a friendly bunch!!

It's a busy site which was suited to us but may not be ideal for those wanting peace and tranquility.... we'll be back!

Reviewer: Scotts dad 9 reviews from this member

August 2004
Just spent Bank Holiday weekend here, 2 adults and 2 children in the overflow filed across the road from the main site. Excellent facilities, toilets and showers were very clean. Very lively site and very busy, despite this everyone seemed to stick to the quiet between midnight and 8am rule.

It did get rather wet and muddy with all the rain we had, but thats the fun of camping.

Reviewer: Helen.Mc 4 reviews from this member

August 2004
I found this campsite to be good overall but there were a couple of things to think about before staying here. The first is the walk to the toilets/shower blocks. These were situated near the club house and were closer to the mobile homes which I found to be quite unusual considering that they would not need to use them. The second thing to think about is the noise level of this campsite. If you want a quiet holiday then I would not particularly choose this site.

However, overall the site was well maintained and the toilets / showers were clean and plenty of them.

Reviewer: ruth2306 1 review from this member

6th-8th August 04
Very unorganised site. Staff not very helpful. Toilets a mile walk.

The site was very noisy, I do like lively but at 2am in the morning I would like to get some sleep! There seemed to be no security to encourage fellow campers to keep the noise down.

On the positive the site was very clean and facilities well priced.

Reviewer: eve SCOTT 1 review from this member

6 August 2004
We visited this site at the beginning of August, never been camping before, this site came highly recommended. The site was great for kids
very lively, not a quiet site at all.
Had a great stay, the weather had a lot to do with it very hot (gorgeous). The only main problem was dogs!!! They are allowed on site our tent got peed on so many times we were fed up, on the last day we were packing up and a dog from next door came over and peed on our sleeping bags. This was the last straw.

Reviewer: halflitre 5 reviews from this member

august 2004

Family trip - 2 Adults/2 kids/tent - to this site was very enjoyable despite the worst thunderstorms I've ever seen on the Thursday night.

I think the previous reviews paint a fair picture of this lively site, and those looking for perfect peace and quiet may be better suited elsewhere.

But for those who like a bit of fun, this place has plenty to offer, and (as a previous reviewer mentioned) the people of the North-East - party loving lot that we are - seem to have made it a home-from-home!

May I also mention the access to the lake, as I personally found this the best feature of the site. I had to be dragged away kicking and screaming by the rest of the family on the scorching Friday afternoon after about four hours of swimming and messing around in the dinghy...heaven!!!

Great site.

Reviewer: blackelle123 6 reviews from this member

Aug 2004
Well it must be a case of horses for courses - we drove into this site after a five and half hour drive and drove straight back out again. It was so busy, the traffic organisation was not designed for caravans, no-body seemed to know where they were going. We drove around the corner to a quieter site, but while we were there we could still here the music.

Previous     324 Reviews in total, now showing 301 to 310      Next

Other Sites Near Ullswater      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cumbria

UKCS Meet Motorhome and Caravan Show 15/10 to 20/10, NEC Birmingham
All the new 2020 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more