Reviews of Manor Farm Caravan And Camping Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Cromer > Manor Farm Caravan And Camping Site Reviews

Manor Farm Caravan And Camping Site

No Horse Riding   Cycle Hire On Site   Golf 5 miles   No Tennis
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 10 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring 10 miles
 Sea Views   Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  351 in total, now showing 301 to 310                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36

Reviewer: Nynysuts 6 reviews from this member

I have just arrived back from the 8th time of camping at manor farm, which I am sure is testament to how good it is! the site has 3 fields, marl pit, gurneys plantation, and now moll's meadow, (named after the resident dog) which was formerly the 'dog field'. We have always stayed in the lower end of marl pit, which is close to the play area and has stunning sea views. The play area is accommodating for most ages, even 15 yr olds like me! the trees are very good for climbing and sitting in, and this keeps the children and teenagers occupied for at least a while, until they get hungry, that is! we went in cromer carnival week, and found it surprisingly uncrowded, from my experience, august bank holiday is the busiest time. The campsite is also the prime spot for watching the red arrows and fireworks displays, its saves a craned neck, and the wide sky proves a perfect canvas. All amenities are a short walk away, the sea takes 10-15 minutes to walk to, 20 if you have young children in tow. Morrison's and rainbow co-op are literally a five minute walk away, and next door to Morrison's is the buffers pub, which is family friendly, although we did experience an incredibly long wait for food. Fish and chip wise, Mary Jane's, which is a short walk from the sea front, is by far the best option. I had the chance to try battered crab sticks, which MUST be tried by everybody.
the site is well sheltered, has stunning views and has changed a lot since I was 6, when I first arrived. The showers are warm, but it's best to avoid the queue and use them either early morning or in the evening. Gurneys plantation boasts 'power showers', and going there is the best way to beat the queues. This is by far the best campsite I've ever been to, and I have been to a few through the years! so, if you want a relaxed, family holiday, or even just a break away with your friends or partner, I recommend it!

Reviewer: Merritt 4 reviews from this member

Just returned from our fourth year in Molls Meadow. This year there were more elec hook ups so we were unable to get our favoured spot close to the old shower block but found a nice spot by the entrance which was quite sheltered and was quite a blowy few days. Showers and toilets were generally clean although there are always some unsavoury people that like to leave their rubbish in the showers, only had to queue once in a week for a shower which at the height of season was pretty good going but they could do with a couple of extra washing up sinks, had to queue for those quite a bit which is a little tedious when you're used to shoving it into the dishwasher! This year was the first time we'd had a chap keep wandering around 'moaning' that you hadn't tied on your booking ticket and that your dog wasn't on a lead etc. I can understand this if the dogs weren't controlled but if they are just asleep next to the car it seems a little 'jobsworth' to me. One huge minus point for me was the dustman coming at 5.15am to empty the rubbish although you're generally up early when camping, 5.15 is a little too early! Very friendly and helpful staff. Ice block freezer a definite plus. Great sea views to wake up to in the morning. Beaches are stoney but you can take the dog on the beach at East Runton. Cromer a short walk away and with Morrisons and Rainbow (co-op) en route and a fabulous old sweetie shop it's a pretty good base we'll definitely be back next year.

Reviewer: Valtojos 1 review from this member

Excellent site, with good facilities.Made the mistake of setting up camp in the top field. By midnight it represented something out of the wizard of Oz , with the gale force winds and tents and their occupants gently blowing away. Typical brit spirit though, everybody mucked in and helped out. The weather of course cannot be blamed on this campsite . It is well equipped , electric hook ups showers, toilets, and plenty of water. I suspect the ablution queue would get a bit hectic during busy periods.
Shops and local amenities within walking distance. Would recommend, but not to be attempted during the hurricane season.

Reviewer: Troutpout 6 reviews from this member

Just returned from Manor farm. First impressions are good, situated just on the edge of very picturesque little village of East Runton.
 Checking in was quick and we made our own way up to our serviced pitch with the help of a map. It's a really big site with 3 large fields so lots of bumpy tracks. Not a problem though.
We had a serviced pitch on Marl pit so plenty of room but have to say that there were lots of tents in the middle of the field (the non serviced area) who couldn't have pitched 6 metres apart (as they ask you to do ) if they had wanted to anyway.
It was quite noisy in the evenings at the weekend and children were playing out untill quite late (10.30 ish) but by 11 ish it settled down and was mostly quiet.
There is a train track with runs along the botton of the Gurney's plantation but I hardly noticed the trains.
The toilet blocks (particularly those in front of the playarea) on Marl pit get very busy and were a little unsavoury on occasion. They were cleaned but were just too busy I think.  I had a feeling that maybe managemnt were struggling a bit to cope on the busy weekends and you rarely saw anyone around checking things. We tended to use the older, less popular, basic, block on Marl pit, or even better, the 2 hardly used , newer, sparkling clean blocks on the Gurny plantation (which is just for caravans and motor homes). Showers were hot and plentiful and you didn't have to push the button as much in the Gurny blocks! Had to queue for washing up a few times.
There is a freezer for blocks and also a laundry area for washing clothes and a washing machine on Marl pit.  There is also a much smaller play area tucked away on this field too and the kids didn't have to queue for the swings there.
The site has beautiful sea views and is really well placed for many North Norfolk attractions. The serviced pitches are a little exposed up at the top of Marl pit field though and we certainly knew about it when we had bad weather later in the week.
Morrisons and the co-op are all within walking distance and there are some lovely walks down to Cromer.
This all sounds rather negative -don't get me wrong it is a nice site and I would go back, but definitely at a quieter time of year.
Loads to do out and about. I would particularly recommend the seal trips from Morston Quay and the swimming pool at Sherringam with it's brilliant wave machine.

Reviewer: Wiggy1 7 reviews from this member

Just got back from a great week. Stayed on Marl pit which is tents and tourers and paid for lecky hook up. Site was clean and with great views of the sea. Toilets where cleaned regular but had to wait for a shower in the morning, not really a problem. Play park for the kids could get a bit noisy but what do you expect during the summer school holidays. Rainbow coop within a  small walk and Morrison's bit further down the road. Local beeches or East and west runton nice but very stony this gets covered near high tide though. Best beech was down the road near wells holkham beech, superb vast area of soft sand.
Great site and near by facilities something for everyone. Will go again.

Reviewer: Craigg 1 review from this member

We have just had a week on this site, like the other reviews, its a good site. We stayed in the Moll Pit field, which had the most modern toilet block in. There were a few things to mention. Yes the toilet block in this field was modern, but it had no ceiling and was open up into the roof space, so lots of cob webs, and any heat escaped freely.
We had a standard pitch (no hook up), when we arrived it was fairly busy and was a little bit of a free for all in where to pitch, as the non hook ups pitches seemed not to be marked out, but we eventually found a nice spot.
The only other things to mention, on a Monday and Thursday,the Biffa dust cart comes on site to empty the big bins, at around 5.30am! then in the distance the train would blow it's horn at about 6.30/6.45, then by 7am the scouts camping down the road would blow their wake up trumpet, so it was fair to say, in our week we had an early start.
Don't get me wrong, this is a nice site, but I felt there could be a few things done to make it a bit better, it's the trimmings around the edges that make things special. Would we go back, yes we would, but not on the scouting week of the summer holidays.

Reviewer: Kcunnington 1 review from this member

Just returned from this site which is very clean , showers / toilet blocks very clean and lots of free hot water. We stayed in Marl Pit with electric hook up kids playground which was just behind pitch and was excellent. Will definitely return but felt it could do with an on site shop, but shops are close by.

Reviewer: Alisonjs 5 reviews from this member

We have just returned from our first ever camping trip, with 3 young children. What a fabulous site - I think we struck lucky for our first outing. Showers and toilets were cleaned regularly and although there was a small queue in the mornings I showered in the evenings and never queued.

The children loved the play park and the beach is a short drive away. We were very lucky with the hot weather and I ended up staying on my own with the children for a few extra nights.

Although I have no other site experiences to compare this to, I personally found it great. The only downside I could find was that the play area was noisy with older children late into the night and could perhaps have done with a warden visit after 10.00 or so to quieten things down a little.

We will definitely be returning though. Thank you.

Reviewer: Piggy49 14 reviews from this member

The best thing about this site is definitely the location, situated about 0.5 miles out of Cromer. We camped in Moll's Meadow, which is the only field where dogs are allowed. Our pitch was very spacious, as they all seemed to be, and we had fantastic views of the sea and Cromer. The only downside for me were the showers/toilets. There were 2 blocks in our field, with a total of 4 showers, so I think it could get busy when the campsite is full. I also felt they could do with modernising, but saying that, they were always spotlessly clean. There isn't a shop on site but there is a Rainbow and Morrison's in town.

Reviewer: Pryors 6 reviews from this member

We stayed for four nights in Marl Pit field, which has quite a slope. The ground was rock hard, having had precious little rain in recent weeks. Although the site is about a mile inland from the coast, there was still plenty of breeze to keep things fresh - sometimes too much (makes life awkward when packing up the tent!) but at least any rain dries up quickly.

The location and the facilities were great

Previous     351 Reviews in total, now showing 301 to 310      Next

Other Sites Near Cromer      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Norfolk

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 16/01 to 19/01, Event City
Over 200 exhibitors with all the new 2020 models and biggest ever selection of accessories. Plus win tickets! ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

Amazing daily prizes and a grand Christmas Day Star Prize - Coming Soon!

Register for a Reminder