Reviews of East Fleet Farm Touring Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Dorset > Weymouth > East Fleet Farm Touring Park Reviews

East Fleet Farm Touring Park

Fishing <5 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis <5 miles
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   No Boat Launch
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport   Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  352 in total, now showing 331 to 340                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36

Our site is open and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilets are Open. Our showers are Open. Other communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Di+Glyn_W 17 reviews from this member

August 2005
Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. We are just home from a week stay in the Stable Field (plot 321), and have to say we had a thoroughly enjoyable time. When I rang to book, the chap was most apologetic that we would have to pitch in the Stable Field. I'll take that part of the site any time!! Yes, the toilet facilities are not fantastic, but they are more than sufficient. (Local council have apparently refused planning permission to upgrade - good luck on the appeal).Besides, the newer toilet / shower block is only 2 minutes walk away, and is plenty clean enough. We had a great view of Chesil Beach lagoon, and peace and quiet in abundance (which I feel we wouldn't have got in the lower field - not a criticism, just an observation).

All in all, a very relaxing week which had our two kids begging us to stay another week (all booked up and couldn't fit us in - shame! Site shop adequate for essentials, pub food cooked quick, tasted great, and good value for money, with good variety on the menu (well we had to try it once!!). Site staff very helpful, site very clean and well kept, with plenty of hot water available all day. Avoid the showers between 08.30 and 10.00am and you probably won't have to queue at all. We'll be back next year.

Reviewer: R Jay 1 review from this member

August 2005
We had a really enjoyable stay at East Fleet, we stayed in the Stable Field and we had a huge pitch, and although the showers weren't as good as the main block this didn't matter as the main shower and toilet block was only a thirty second walk away and these were really clean! The staff were all friendly. And the view of the lagoon at sunset was an amazing site. The shop was always well stocked with everything you could need. A highly recommended site, we hope to return in the future.

Reviewer: Jamie-bay 4 reviews from this member

July 2005
Firstly what a beautiful view over the fleet to Chesil bank.Fantastic Site! We were on pitch 105 opposite the toilet/ Shower block and next to the play area...We have two children 3 and 5 so they loved the spot. We were welcomed as new caravanners of 2 weeks and the lady at reception even pointed out an easy route with a wide turning circle to the pitch! We were aided with the dreaded first time awning construction project by a family next door and then set up for a week.

The Site has a pub for food and drinks with pool tables and takeaway menu too, as if thats not enough the reception has a well stocked shop and sells camping and caravanning accessories too, they even did a deal on a wastemaster hard to beat even on the web. The showers were clean and each of the four family cubicles are seperate rooms in the block with a big squeegee blade to wipe the floor before or after use, clean is an understatement! The industrious nature of the staff on site was quite frankly awesome, everyone was having a good day and this is on the back of the other side of their business which is a working organic farm...The garage at the top of the hill has a complete camping and caravanning shop which rivals any emergency supplier so there is literally all you need.

Weymouth and Portland are on the door step, so this really wraps it up, an open top bus ride from the beach at Weymouth to Portland Bill and back with breathtaking views of chesil topped the whole week off...And by the way it was horrible weather but the above should demonstrate that we were not bothered! The location meant any weather passed over fast! A swimming pool would be the final touch.
Thanks for a great week!

Reviewer: Hertsman 13 reviews from this member

July 2005
Spent 4 nights at this site and would have happily stayed for the rest of our holiday. Lovely amenities, clean and plenty of hot water at all times. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Lovely place for quiet walks along the Fleet or trip into Weymouth on the handy local bus service. A definite place for a re-visit next year.

Reviewer: Wilko124 37 reviews from this member

June 2005
Great site friendly staff. clean toilets and showers anytime of day. Beautiful scenery views of Chesil beach are wonderful lovely to wake up to. 2nd visit for us. Weymouth fantastic with plenty of shops and amusements market tuesdays and thursdays on car park. Portland has a market evey week

Reviewer: Country Girl 21 reviews from this member

August 2004
We visited the site last year when it was very busy,wet and noisy. Having always wanted to see Chesil Beach it hadn't occured to us that access to the sea/beach is only possible at certain points (doh!). From this site the nearest access is about 3 miles and got to be a drag if you wanted a quick stroll along the shoreline. You can get down to the lagoon from the site, which is beautiful at dusk but does pong in hot weather. Personally I'd say this site was adequate but agree that choosing your visit time probably makes all the difference. Didn't have to go too far to find lovely surroundings - try Portland, Abbotsbury, Eype, Charmouth.....could go on

Reviewer: Woody13 2 reviews from this member

May 2005
This is the third time we have visited East Fleet Farm and we love it. The staff are always polite, friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble.
The showers and toilets are always spotlessly clean, which is must when you have small children. I can't fault the place and would recommend it. Well done East Fleet Farm you are a great team and it really shows.

Reviewer: Nige123baggy 3 reviews from this member

April 2005
The wife and I camped here for four days in mid april. This site is in a beautiful location and the staff were all very pleasant indeed. As we were new to camping it was very reassuring that the staff were ready to help in any way if needed. Nothing was too much trouble for them which was excellent.
The site is tucked away, but easy to find from the main road. The shower block and toilets are all very modern and kept absolutely spotless.

It was a joy to watch all the wildlife in and amongst the hedgerows around our ample sized pitch. I would highly recommend a visit to this site.

Reviewer: Bob™57 16 reviews from this member

August 2004
I made a booking at this site for August Bank Holiday and then also decided to go the weekend before. At that time the site was very full and noisy resulting in my cancellation of the Bank Holiday weekend. The site gave me a weekend credit which I took this weekend (the weekend after Bank Holiday). What a difference a week makes! It was like a different place. Still busy but fairly quiet, peaceful and more to my personal taste - in fact as good as the web site describes.

On arrival on the Friday lunchtime I had a good choice of many pitches. By evening these were filling up by the late-comers so it pays to get there early. With the school holidays over there weren't quite so many families with children and on this second visit I found things were just about perfect for my taste.

I am a particularly difficult person to please regarding my own requirements and comfort but I can't fault the campsite itself. The washing and toilet facilities were kept spotlessly clean. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Pitches are huge and there is a feeling of spaciousness. In fact, a well kept site by the hard working dedicated owners and staff.

There always has to be the odd niggle of course and in my case I found the driveway into the site tedious with numerous speed humps which were not well marked. Shock absorbers were tested to their full. The bar/restaurant does not open at lunchtime hence a trip out is necessary for food unless you cook your own and I would imagine during bad weather there is nothing to do but leave the site or sit playing scrabble in your tent.

In conclusion I felt that this site offered something for all tastes - hustle and bustle but also a little peace and tranquillity providing you choose your holiday period wisely.

Reviewer: Bob™57 16 reviews from this member

August 2004
My first comment has to be that in general terms I can't fault this site. From the first moment I arrived the staff were pleasant and helpful. I asked for a pitch out of the wind and not too far from the toilet block and although they were busy I was taken to what at first appeared to be an ideal pitch. All the pitches are more than adequate for the largest tents. The toilets were spotless throughout my stay and there were even private washing cubicles for the shy. The shop is well stocked and the bar also provides meals.

On the downside it was a very busy weekend within the school holiday period and thus became very noisy. My pitch was on the main field at the junction of two gravel roads upon which most of the site traffic seemed to travel - unrelentingly. I was not too impressed with the scenary, the Fleet being little more than a large muddy lake but then I live in a scenic area so it takes a lot for me to be impressed.

Children were allowed into the bar which meant those not properly supervised tended to get under one's feet. There were not enough tables to accommodate the mass of people there and this was instrumental in my not bothering to order a meal to be eaten standing up in a corner somewhere, but meal prices were quite reasonable. The bar itself is not suitable for standing and drinking at, but the first night I managed to grab the only stool and sit well to one side. The second night somebody else had got there first and so I found myself wondering around aimlessly, pint in hand. The bar and restaurant is not open during the day so a lunchtime pint and meal sitting on the terrace in the sunshine is not an option. It opens at 6pm when there is then a rush for the available tables. The 11pm quiet period was not observed but then this is due to inconsiderate fellow campers (and vehicles on gravel roads) rather than a fault with the site. By about half past midnight the site was quiet.

I was due to return the following weekend (Bank Holiday) but decided I wouldn't have been able to put up with the hustle and bustle again, although there were quieter pitches had I been gifted with hindesight. The site was unable to refund my cancelled weekend in cash but did give me a credit for those days. I will therefore be returning during a quieter period, if only to collect my credit, and I am sure I will then be able to post a better review.

Previous     352 Reviews in total, now showing 331 to 340      Next

Is East Fleet Farm Touring Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to East Fleet Farm Touring Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is East Fleet Farm Touring Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Weymouth      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Dorset

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 26/07
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more