Visitor Reviews - Blaen Cefn Leisure Park

Fishing On Site   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf   Tennis
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport

Reviews:  28 in total, now showing 19 to 24                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Ron Hancock 3 reviews from this member

Well what a site to remember I read reviews first and thought we would give it a chance spoke to site manager Stuart who was very helpful as I am disabled.

He arranged for me to have pitch by toilet and shower block it was a very good pitch like the rest enough room not only to put caravan but awning as well on slate patch.

We got their and was very surprised how well the site was kept so clean and tidy credit to Stuart.

After booking in Stuart not only showed us to our pitch but also helped set caravan and our awning up for us.

He then gave us his own mobile and said any problems please don't hesitate ring me at any time.

We had booked in for 4 nights but so good stayed 5 we also had friends come for the day so impressed they stayed two nights themselves.

The scenery with the forest and the sounds of the fesiniog railway climbing the mountain where marvellous.

It was just so relaxing and the people on the site all where so friendly and helpful.

We just can't wait to go back their next year.

The only downside was for disabled the toilet block and showers where up a steep ramp and I could not get up on my Electric scooter but that was the only minus.

The rest of site and the way people are their far outweighed one small problem we met one guy who had been on site since 1966 and is still keeping his van their all year and he was 72.

He told me he enjoyed the people the help Stuart gave and the fishing in the lake their kept him coming back each year.

It was so friendly the chicken used to come and visit each morning and let you pick him up to stroke him.

If you love lovely quiet Campsite with lovely views then this site really is worth a visit hard to get TV signal but no problem Stuart just lends you TV cable to plug into mains box and you get excellent reception.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Caseyjones 3 reviews from this member

Blaen Cefn Camping site improves every time that we have visited. And I have been staying over 40 years now, Unbelievable - but true, just ask the same family owners, Gareth & Kerry Jones (Grandson).

But this year (2010) the over-winter upgrades really showed.

The new, and very pretty fishing lake allows wonderful views across the lake and up the valley, of the Cnicht mountain (known as North Wales's 'Matterhorn').

The brand new, additional caravan pitches are also fully loaded and very spacious, replacing an old caravan storage area, etc.

The digital (no analogue now) tv sockets give such a clear picture, even on my 'cheapey' Maplin Stores television. The Manager even offered me loan of an aerial extension cable, and f.O.C. Too! In fact, everything is free on the caravan pitches, except the 1 coin showers which give a good long hot soak without needing top-ups.

The campers and tents are also well provided for, with well drained and freshly cut grass pitches complete with plenty of water taps - and even localised 240v hook-ups (chargeable for tents). Nice bushes and small trees with a pretty stream and little bridge too.

Our children - whom have stayed here for many annual holidays, would have appreciated the lovely safe children's' games and play equipment area.

The local Penrhyndeudraeth High Street village facilities (Davies the Butcher, Spar shop, old fashioned ironmongers, and the great outdoors/fishing/gun shop with knowledgeable owner - Arwyn at Penrhyn Guns, 7 High St, etc.) are all very friendly and convenient.

My favourite pub - The Brondanw Arms at Llanfrothen (known locally as 'Y Ring') - the old landlord has returned with his excellent and reasonably priced dinner menus (children welcome).

And finally, the camping site's owners - the Jones family whom are ever helpful and friendly folk, have now employed an on-site manager (Stuart) to make sure that things are maintained in spotless condition. And he does!

Well recommended. After a month back home, we're still, even now, gob-smacked.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Major5 1 review from this member

When we arrived the manager escorted us to a number of available pitches, we could choose anyone. A very quiet site, but near enough to visit Porthmadog and the village of Portmeirion. The site was clean as where the showers and toilets, the children aged 6 and 10 went down to the bottom field to play football, there is also a small playground for the kids. As this was our first time in a caravan Gareth and his staff made us feel very welcome.

Date of Visit: April 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Wirralot 10 reviews from this member

Following the very honest statement from this Seasons Warden Stuart stating that the site is improving, I decided to give it a go having previously visited the site for a look-see 2 years ago.

What a delight this site was. Stuart the Warden is clearly a great fan of this region and he himself has been coming to this site for many years.

The welcome from Stuart was wonderful and he made it clear, any problems to come and see him straight away and he provided his mobile number.

I was thrilled to be given a choice of several pitches and was delighted that all pitches were hardstandings with water and tv aerial to each pitch all attached to the electric bollard.

Stuart kindly loaned us a spare tv cable and asked if we had an electric cable as he had spares in the event of people forgetting theres. No charge for use which was a joy to see in this day.

Spotlessly clean pitches, well landscaped and provision of picnic benches if you wish one near to your pitch.

There is an excellent children's play area and you have a choice of pitch in sight of the play area or closer to the toilet block. The play area was a bit waterlogged as it had rained hard for several days, but my kids loved it all the same.

The toilet blocks are housed in a lovely building, but the interior is a disappointment. Stuart states they are 15 years old and they are intending on building a new toilet block this season. The toilets are functional and were spotlessly clean, just a bit worn out.

The showers - I did tell Stuart, this was my only problem with the site - the showers are daylight robbery at a 1 a go. For that money you expect a decent shower shower and cubicle for your money. Sadly the shower heads are fixed height so for me to assist my young kids aged 8 and 9 was impossible if I wanted to stay dry as well, as the head was fixed very high. Furthermore, the units were dreadful and the water temperature I considered dangerous for children as it would go from comfortable to scalding. Also, the cubicle was the size of a standard toilet cubicle so for young families it was impossible to help your kids to shower and with the water temperature problem I knew I couldn't leave the kids to shower themselves.

Local Amenities - all your essentials in nearby Penrhyndeadraeth (less than a mile away)including fuel and Spar, lovely butchers and a pub. Slightly further is Porthmadog with everything a large town has to offer with large Tesco store. Make sure you visit Portmeirion, home of the Prisoner, if you want to treat yourselves have lunch or evening meal in the village hotel, this will give you free entry into the village and it's a wonderful treat with exquisite food and and perfect service.

Date of Visit: October 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Stu.B. 2 reviews from this member

I will be the new site manager for the 2010 season.

Yes all the comments in the last two reviews were correct, the site was for sale but the owners have now changed their minds. Improvements to all criteria will be made in 2010 and I will be appointed as permanent on site manager to solve any problems that may, but hopefully will not arise. I will be available to answer any questions at all, regarding the site and surrounding area and any complaints can be made directly to me, and I will endeavour to solve these as quickly as possible.

A new shower and toilet block is already in the planning stage and drainage problems are to be rectified as soon as possible. The skips and machinery will be moved to a specially constructed yard some two miles away in the village and more caravan pitches are to utilise the space taken up by these. An on-site reception block is also to be built.

The new fishing pond is to be improved, although it wasn't officially open last year good catches were achieved by every one who fished it. Weed was a slight problem but plenty of weed free areas are available, this we hope to improve in the coming season.

The children's play area is to be improved and moved away from the small pond which is to be fenced of to all.

Date of Visit: August 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: M+IWA 1 review from this member

This is a small site, very well placed to visit Portmerion, Porthmadog, Harlech and Barmouth, etc.

Pitches had electric hook-up and TV booster (although reception was very bad). Pitches also had own water tap, which was an added bonus.

We were there over the recent August bank holiday. The weather was awful, but that didn't stop us doing things.

I have to be totally honest though:

The site was up for sale and I am afraid it showed!

There was an area of land that seemed to be used for caravan storage as well as a general dumping ground. The pitches were quite close and manoeuvring with a caravan could be tricky.

The shower block building looked very nice. On the outside! It was 1 for a shower and the facilities were filthy. The toilet disposal facility was right next to the dishwashing area.

Previous     28 Reviews in total, now showing 19 to 24      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO Knightwick 3 Berth Tent worth 109.99 Win tickets to Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend!

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend 12 to 14 October, Cornwall
3 day concert dedicated to the sounds of the Swinging Sixties, with camping ...more