Reviews of Waterside House Campsite

Campsite Search > UK > North West England > Lake District & Cumbria > Ullswater > Waterside House Campsite > Reviews

Waterside House Campsite
CA10 2NA

Share  Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email

Open: 28/03/2024 to 01/11/2024

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 Glamping Units   Holiday Homes for Hire   No Statics for Sale   No Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway On Site
 Fishing On Site   Wild Swimming On Site   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <1 mile   Cycle Hire On Site   No Golf   No Tennis
 Beach On Site   Watersports On Site   Boat Launch / Mooring On Site
 Sea Views   Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed
 Lakeside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  208 in total, now showing 41 to 50                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21

Write your own Review to win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 and £150!

If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 worth £299 AND £150 of Amazon vouchers. Leave as many reviews as you can for more chances - it only takes a few minutes

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Mrse23 2 reviews from this member

Beautiful site right on lake Ullswater. Quite busy when we visited but we still managed to get a good pitch next to the lake and near the toilet block. Toilets clean and tidy if not a bit dated.

Little on site shop which wasn't badly priced. Staff also helpful. They charged my phone for free and for as long as I needed.

Sweet little park for the kids and a sandwich van on the weekends.

Definitely worth a visit and not badly priced either.

Reviewer: Brendanr2004 636 reviews from this member

We spent a night here as a stopover on a canoe expedition. It's well located on the shores of Ullswater, with excellent access to the water for a range of activities.

It's a large site and it was very busy, but facilities held out well.

Great base for the hills and waterspouts.

Pooley Bridge is a mile away for shops, pubs and cafes.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Eddiecott 2 reviews from this member

Second time back yet again another wow to all enjoyed this break even though later in season but still great and amenities well up to standard ( the people who complained about the flies in the toilets maybe if you do what said in there ie switch lights off close windows it helps local pubs good beer an good food will recommend the Punchbowl in askham village 3miles away again thanks for all the staff keep it up

Reviewer: Coljaychez 1 review from this member

I love this campsite, I go twice a year and have for the last 8 years. I find it very welcoming every time we go. My son loves the playground and the face he can go swimming in the lake. And if it's raining all day you can always find a place on the hill to put a waterside on so the kids don't get bored. It doesn't matter what you enjoy they is something here for everyone, relaxing, walking, boats, socialising you name it you can do it either on site or somewhere close by.

The only thing I have a grumble about is that they don't allow caravans or I would be there a lot more than twice a year

Reviewer: Caztait 2 reviews from this member

Just returned from camping for the bank holiday weekend at this site and after initially saying I would never go back we left saying we definitely would!

The setting is amazing with lovely views over the lake and an easy walk into Pooley Bridge where you can catch the ferry across the lake.

I hadn't realised when booking that it was first come first serve and pitch where ever you like so when we arrived it was very busy and after finding a spot to pitch our tents we were quickly surrounded by other campers until the field was almost full, leaving a small space for the kids to play football. No one seemed to take any notice of the 6 metre minimum between tents which meant we had people right on top of us. My main concern was that there was only a port a loo for our field (there are more facilities further through the site) which had only 2 toilets for females and as the place was packed it didn't seem enough.

However, I didn't have to queue once and despite the amount of people it wasn't noisy at all, everyone respected the 11pm quiet time rule which was a relief.

I would go back but would make sure we were closer to the main facilities as it was a bit of a walk to wash up and shower. The facilities aren't amazing but functional, they could do with a thorough clean but this place definitely wins on location which is why we would return.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Jenywren 1 review from this member

Loved the site, being able to paddle and swim in ullswater from the site. The views are amazing and the playground overlooking the lake is great! Fab shop on site and burger van good and reasonable. Had everything you could ask for. Can hire canoes, bikes and boats from site too!

My visit was affected by group near our tent who were noisy until 3am. Security monitored it the next night, built can't understand how they didn't deal with it at the time. Also I found the site generally noisy. Couldn't even attempt putting my children to bed until nearly 11 as the general site noise was very noisy! Would go back, but be prepared for a late night.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Stan on tour 48 reviews from this member

We'd been meaning to try this campsite all year because of its fantastic location. It only takes tents and campervans and there are only a few hookups. First time we have not used a hook up but it was fine for a weekend. The views are stunning, the proximity to the beach and Pooley Bridge are fantastic. The campsite was really busy but it was a weekend in school holidays. The toilets and showers just about coped with the numbers. We will definitely be back but perhaps not in high season.

Reviewer: DanBoy 2 reviews from this member

Visited this site twice and we'll definitely be back again. The staff are polite, friendly and helpful, the views are just second to none. The showers, dish washing area and toilets are all clean and well looked after. Shop, burger stand, cycling, boating and the steep 'walk' up Barton Fell to Arthurs Pike is well worth the effort, the views are staggering! Pooley Bridge is a pleasant walk, with three pubs, cafes and shops. Best site we've been to, do yourself a favour, get booked up. I was booked earlier in the year and had to cancel, didn't lose my deposit, it was just used for the later booking I made. First class service.

Reviewer: Taxis Kendal 29 reviews from this member

Two big fields right next to the lake, with good toilet blocks. We didn't use the showers.

We camped 6 metres from the waters edge. Great views, but not fantastic, due to smaller hills around us, and houses and a marina on the opposite bank. Check out Low Wray campsite and Rydal Hall for better views. The grass was freshly mowed, with plenty of picnic tables. Traffic noise was minimal except for other campers. On our Monday night in June we had about twenty tents in two big fields as company. Finding level ground is easy except in high season, I would think. The ground seemed a little tough for the pegs, but nothing to worry about. It looked well drained, too. We didn't check out the playground. See their very good website for prices; 16 for the two of us on a weekday in June.

Oh, the toilets were fine, with toilet paper and liquid soap, plenty of cold water, but little more than a trickle of hot water.

We liked it here, but didn't find the views quite exciting enough to beat the competition!

Reviewer: Peterbaker1970 1 review from this member

Went to this site on the Sunday after the half term week. Most people had gone home then so as you can choose where you like to pitch, I managed to get a place right on the shoreline of the lake. The views are fantastic, the lake in front of you and surrounded by mountains. The wildlife is also spectacular, one night we had 2 swans and their 7 cygnets in our tent trying to eat our bread(my son Jack locked himself in the bedroom), the next night we sat out and watched otters hunting for fish 20 yards out in the lake and then later on a couple of deers walked along the shoreline literally in front of us.

The campsite facilities are plentiful and clean, 6 male showers and at least 6 toilets plus urinals. The site was lovely and clean and whenever I walked through the site one or two of the staff were always cleaning one place or another.

You can also have a small fire as long as you have a fire pit as long as you buy a bag of logs from them(4) which is a bonus for them cold nights when you are camping.

There is a park there for the kids and there is also a nice walk along the lake to Pooley Bridge about 20 minutes away where there is a couple of small shops and 3 good pubs.

I will definitely recommend this campsite however I do have one gripe which is the cost, for me and my son for one night on the Sunday was 19 and the other nights 14, this is for tent only with no electric. A gazebo if you were unfortunate enough to catch a shower was another 4 a night and when one of my friends came to stop with us for one night in my tent we were charged another 4 for him and 4 for his car.

All of these costs plus logs for the fire resulted in an expensive few days away.

Previous     208 Reviews in total, now showing 41 to 50      Next

Share  Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email

Write a Review of this Site to Win an Outdoor Revolution Prize and £150

Write a review of this campsite and you could win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 worth £299 AND £150 of Amazon vouchers. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win! Leave as many as you can for more chances - submit your review here!

Outdoor Revolution strive to facilitate precious family leisure time by creating the most reliable, practical and exceptional value for money Family Tents, Caravan & Driveaway Awnings on the market, together with our endless vision for innovation and quality! Therefore, there has never been a better time to rediscover camping and caravanning with Outdoor Revolution!

Is Waterside House Campsite child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Waterside House Campsite?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Waterside House Campsite dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Ullswater      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cumbria

UKCS Meet East Anglian Game and Country Fair 27/04 to 28/04
All the fun of the Game and Country Fair taking place at Euston Estate near Thetford - you can even camp over for the weekend - enter our competition to win tickets Find out More

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2024

Play our
Easter Hunt

Easter Hunt

Follow the clues, find the answer, and win an amazing 12V and 240V 21.5" Full HD Smart WiFi TV with Satellite Decoder worth £399 provided by outdoor superstore Towsure!

Play Here