Reviews of Alfriston Camping Park

Campsite Search > UK > South East England > East Sussex > Alfriston > Alfriston Camping Park > Reviews

Alfriston Camping Park
Pleasant Rise Farm
Alfriston
East Sussex   (Browse area)
BN26 5TN

Share  Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email

Open: 29/03/2024 to 27/10/2024

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   No Statics for Hire   No Statics for Sale   No Seasonal Pitches
 No Electric Hookups   No Hardstandings   No Fully Serviced Pitches   Show Full Facilities
 Baby Changing Facilities   No Laundry   Drinking Water   Disabled Friendly
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   No Wifi Access
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming <1 mile   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   Cycle Hire <5 miles   Golf <1 mile   No Tennis
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   No Boat Launch
 No Sea Views   Working Farm   Campfires Allowed
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  107 in total, now showing 41 to 50                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Write your own Review to win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 and £150!

If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 worth £299 AND £150 of Amazon vouchers. Leave as many reviews as you can for more chances - it only takes a few minutes

Date of Visit: May 2012 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Essieb 2 reviews from this member

This is a very basic site, perfect if you like rough camping with campfires.

The toilets and shower facilities are basic. The toilets in the camping field don't have lights, so be prepared with a torch!

We were there for a very wet weekend, and the route to the showers was treacherous: very muddy and slippery.

It is not a 'professional' campsite, you just turn up and pitch. There was no one there when we arrived to explain what to do. We had to pay cash when the man drove round to our pitch.

A big plus about this site are the tennis courts. The kids played there for hours!

I'm not sure if I'd want to come to this site again. We had fun as we were with a group of friends, but the actual site, although in a lovely rural setting, is very basic and could be cleaner.

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: KirstyV 1 review from this member

Very nice, really close to village, easy to find a spot for the tent and lots of room for cars.

The road into the campsite does get really muddy and it is quite difficult to drive down due to holes in the road but not a massive problem. Take a torch if you are going to be out late as the walk back up the lane at night is pitch black!

Relaxed, helpful management and very reasonably priced. We did find it confusing at first as there wasn't a 'reception' but we were soon welcomed by the staff who approached us at our site. Loos and showers clean and pleasant. There are tennis courts and horse-riding on site.

Date of Visit: September 2011 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Aylen33 6 reviews from this member

We stayed for a weekend, great site perfectly placed for a stroll into Alfriston.

Basic facilities but clean.

When we went it was particularly windy but only on the site. When we went into the village there didn't appear to be any wind at all. As the site is at the bottom of a steep hill. We'd have to revisit to see if it was a one off. Make sure you strap your tents down in case.

Lovely walk onto the downs from the site. Lovely pubs and restaurants and the first National Trust house they bought. Gorgeous gardens - house steeped in history.

Would definitely revisit this site again.

Date of Visit: September 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Silverdisco 4 reviews from this member

What a great place to stay! We stayed a couple of nights mid week and were lucky with the weather. The site is very clean, as are the toilets they are also well stocked with loo roll, the showers have lashings of hot water with plenty of space to keep your clothes dry. The washing up area is clean with a few sinks and again lots of hot water.

Roy was friendly and informative of the area. The field is a 'pitch anywhere' and we chose in the middle on the flat part, around the edges it has a slight slope and we also didn't want to be under trees.

We went just after the school holidays and apart from five other tents spread over a big field we had the place to ourselves!

The village has some lovely places to eat and a shop that sells just about everything. There are some other lovely shops to purchase a gift or two. The surrounding area has some wonderful walks and lots of wildlife.

We would definitely return to this site.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Angmoz 1 review from this member

We have just spent 10 nights on this lovely campsite in our converted school bus.

Our stay took in both Bank Holiday weekend and the weekend before and although the site was very busy there was plenty of room for everyone. We have always had caravans before and tended to stay on CL sites so this was very different for us but we LOVED it!

My 8 year old granddaughter came with us and had the time of her life, so many new friends to play with we never saw her! It was lovely to sit on an evening watching everyone starting to light their camp fires.

This is a well kept site in a beautiful valley. The facilities are excellent, very clean, loads of hot water, toilet rolls provided, washing up facilities and plenty of portaloos dotted about too.

Roy the owner is very welcoming and helpful. The Riding Stables made it extra special for my granddaughter and again the girls who take the lessons are brilliant with the kids.

We will definitely be going back soon and probably time and time again.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Redders499 14 reviews from this member

We spent 4 nights at Alfriston over the Bank Holiday in August 2011. It looked like it had it all; stables, tennis courts, next to a lovely village, right next to the Downs, and to a large degree it didn’t disappoint.

The campsite itself is in a fantastic location. The village of Alfriston has some great pubs, shops and restaurants. There is a great old fashioned store in the middle of the village, which provides all sorts of goods. Over the Bank Holiday there was a village fair and classic car show which was great.

The site is run by a really friendly and helpful chap, Roy who is always on hand to help. The site is slightly sloping and the sides, near the woods are quite steep, but people were camped there without problem. There are two sets of changing blocks, one with showers one without, and some portaloos (possibly only for the Bank Holiday?). The site was initially quiet and then got very busy as the weekend progressed, so it was quite tightly packed.

There are tennis courts which are great for a thrash around, but if you are any good you wouldn’t like them! The riding stables are good, the staff friendly and the kids enjoyed riding the horses up the track and back. There is a great walk up onto the Downs straight from the site which is really nice, and very handy.

The washing facilities really let the site down. The main block is a wooden structure, has some sinks to wash dishes in, which are located outside but under shelter. The main showers have ok power, and hot, but the whole place is a bit grubby and dirty and not enough showers for the size of the site. We did use them but they were not good. The other, newer, toilet block at the other end of the site has two toilets and three sinks, but no showers. These are OK and help to ease the queues in the main block.

We were asked to pitch at the entrance to the main field which looked ok. However, there was torrential rain overnight, and the pitch we were on completely flooded and we had to unpeg the tent and drag it up the hill. Roy said that this had never happened before, but I don’t believe that, so beware!

The site is really good, in a great location, but the toilet blocks need some serious investment.

For that reason we wouldn’t go back for anything more than 1 night, so we could avoid the showers!

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Nedsram 21 reviews from this member

This is an excellent laid back site. When you arrive you are asked to set up and somebody will call later. Good toilet and shower facilities next to the tennis courts, plus additional portaloos. Also dishwashing facilities.

Part is set aside as a Caravan Club CL, but I couldn't find any mention of this site on the CC web site, so I wonder if this has now expired.

One thing to note is that the electricity hookup is apparently 10 amps for everybody, so be careful what you plug in!

If there was a chemical toilet disposal point, I failed to find it.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: POPPYARCHIE 3 reviews from this member

I stayed here for a long weekend and absolutely loved the site. I have known Alfriston for many years and it is amongst my favourite places (if not most favourite). It has lovely walks, tea rooms, restaurants with a lovely walk down the Cuckmere Valley to the sea.

The camp site was so lovely we have booked immediately to go again in August. The facilities were very well kept - lots loo roll which is always a good sign and scrupulously clean. It is very very good value.

We were made very welcome as were our dogs by the brothers who run the site. Other campers and caravanners were respectful and clearly had lots of fun too. It had everything we needed as we like a quiet site that allows people to enjoy themselves where we can have a campfire and enjoy a glass of wine around a campfire in the evening.

I am still relaxed 2 days after returning home!

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Tich 2 reviews from this member

I emailed the owner of this site and had a reply back within 24hrs reporting that I was welcome to come on the day requested. I then emailed back about a week before I was due to arrive to request an extra couple of days. I got no reply so called three or four times until someone answered. Luckily it was one of the owners and they said we were fine to come two days early and we would have electric hook up. It is two brothers that run the site.

I then turned into the track for the site and was flashed at by a small four by four. I stopped and a gentleman spoke to me through the window. He asked if we were staying at the site and I told him we were. He told me to go to the big field and asked if I needed electric. I explained this is what I had arranged and he told me to unplug another unit that was there and use theirs as they are not at the campsite for a few weeks.

When we got into the site I drove over to where I had been told and set up. I plugged in the electric as I was told and tripped out all the other units (4 in total) that were connected to this outlet. One of the other guys in a unit came over to me and said the outlet I was trying to use was broken. We managed to put a few cables together and to attach it to a different outlet.

There are two sections to the site. The bottom one that we were not in is level and the grass is well cut and it looks very well looked after. The other is a large field with no real features. They both use the same ablutions and this brings me to my biggest problem.

To be completely honest they were absolutely disgusting, the worst I had ever seen on a campsite. The toilets were overflowing with faeces and urine all over the floor and the showers were a disgrace. I think this is a very fair statement as I use football showers within a large block with up to about 20 teams and the showers at football are by far cleaner than the ones at this site.

Luckily we were in a motorhome and used our own facilities throughout the rest of our stay. I spoke to the owner a couple of times and understand it is two brothers that run the site. The one brother I spoke to was very blunt and not at all polite but this may just be his way.

On a positive note the site is set within a five minute walk down a rough track to the beautiful village of Alfriston with it's lovely pubs, shops and attractions. It is only a couple of miles from Drusilla's Zoo/Park as well.

I will not be using this site again but as there is not a lot of choice the village I am sure it will remain busy.

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Rhuntley 1 review from this member

We have Just returned from 3 days (thursday June 2nd to Sunday 5th)at this campsite and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hot, clean showers and amazing views.

Coast only 10 mins away which was handy. Very family orientated. Plenty of space and great walks for kids. Tennis courts and horse riding also available.

All in all a lovely place and highly recommended. Owner Roy Savage is very welcoming.

Will definitely be back in the near future.

Previous     107 Reviews in total, now showing 41 to 50      Next

Share  Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email

Write a Review of this Site to Win an Outdoor Revolution Prize and £150

Write a review of this campsite and you could win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 worth £299 AND £150 of Amazon vouchers. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win! Leave as many as you can for more chances - submit your review here!

Outdoor Revolution strive to facilitate precious family leisure time by creating the most reliable, practical and exceptional value for money Family Tents, Caravan & Driveaway Awnings on the market, together with our endless vision for innovation and quality! Therefore, there has never been a better time to rediscover camping and caravanning with Outdoor Revolution!

Is Alfriston Camping Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Alfriston Camping Park?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Alfriston Camping Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Alfriston      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in East Sussex

UKCS Meet East Anglian Game and Country Fair 27/04 to 28/04
All the fun of the Game and Country Fair taking place at Euston Estate near Thetford - you can even camp over for the weekend - enter our competition to win tickets Find out More

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2024