Reviews of Lucksall Caravan & Camping Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Herefordshire > Hereford > Lucksall Caravan & Camping Park Reviews

Lucksall Caravan & Camping Park
Mordiford
Hereford
Herefordshire   (Browse area)
HR1 4LP

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Special Offer available to UKCampsite.co.uk visitors - see here

Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   No Tennis
 No Beach   Watersports On Site   Boat Launch / Mooring On Site
 Riverside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  182 in total, now showing 51 to 60                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Sue Paul 73 reviews from this member

Well what a fine site, expensive but somehow worth it.

We arrived and didn't even leave the cab, a most helpful chap took our name shot off and came back to say where we were pitched along with a neat colour map. I said about paying and he replied oh next time your passing, how good was that.

Large pitches, all very clean it was just the job and we had a great time.

16 minutes lethal walk to the local pub as no pavements but then found a great woodland walk there which only takes 25 mins where we and the Dogs had a great time so note this as then it's child friendly, not buggy friendly though.

Great site already planning a return trip.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Loubri 3 reviews from this member

This is the first time I have written a review, we have stayed at lots of campsites and enjoyed the cleanliness and facilities, even when others have written bad reviews we have said well we thought it was great, I now know we should have written good reviews for them because as they always say people are always quick to write a bad review but slow to write a good one, well this is true as I am about to prove as I am on pitch while writing!

We have toured up from Devon to Cheddar then Cheltenham and were having a great time until we reached this site which has totally ruined our holiday. I know people have written great reviews but all I can do is be honest. We are a couple on our own and are pitched opposite a large green area which is constantly noisy from kids playing loud ball games and kicking the balls near the caravans, when we told reception they said children are not supposed to play on this large green area next to the playground and they sent someone to tell the kids to leave, 30 mins later they were back. I am not anti children having 4 of my own and If I had them with me I would also be telling them to go and play on this green as there are no signs to tell them not to, it's not rocket science put some signs out so they know where they can and can't play!

We arrived on Monday, our nearest toilet/shower block is a shot walk and caters for all the tent pitches as well as at least 40 caravan pitches, I tried to go to the toilet in the evening and had to go back 3 times because the queue was so long, when I went to have a shower in the morning I had to queue and so now I make a point of being back on site by 3pm as that seems to be the only time they are free to have a shower. You might think I am exaggerating but this block which caters for about 100 men has two urinal bowls, 3 toilets and 3 showers, work it out for yourself. When you do get in they are filthy because of the rush, the floors are always soaking, there are no shelves in the shower cubicles to put anything. My wife walks twice the distance to go to an empty block which she says is very clean, now maybe the other reviews on here are written by women!

All in all the only thing I would give this site 5 stars for is it's size it's very big. So if you enjoy constant noise, filthy showers/toilets which are never available your welcome to it but we will never be back again and would have left early except being the busiest week of the year it's not possible to get into another site.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Samr75 2 reviews from this member

WOW! What a beautiful site. Lucksall was recommended by a camping neighbour last year and as such was put on the list of places to visit in 2014. We were able to specify the area of the site where we would prefer our pitch to be located and we were fortunate enough to be placed on a very large grass pitch that looked out across the river Wye. We were amazed just how close we were able to park and as such had the pleasure of seeing the ducks and passing canoeists on a daily basis. It was idyllic to say the least. The on site facilities were also of an equally high standard as the well maintained and manicured pitches. The washroom blocks of which there were three were beautifully clean, modern and fresh. I honestly could not find fault with any of them. The dog walk was more than adequate but the walks to the neighbouring villages were perfect for the slightly more ambitious walkers. The maps available for a small charge from reception were not overly helpful but we got there and back without too many problems. The on site cafe was a lovely bonus and the full english breakfast that we tried on the morning of departure was delicious. They were also more than happy to put two extra sausages in a bag for us to take back for our dog. The staff were lovely, polite and very friendly and the grounds staff worked tirelessly in the very hot weather. That said the grass mowing was never intrusive and was kept to a minimum whilst maintaing a lovely high standard. I can honestly say that I have recommended this site to so many people and we will definitely be returning in 2015.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: KaznAndy 2 reviews from this member

Last day of a lovely get away here trying out our new Bear Lake tent. Beautifully kept site, immaculate landscaping and wonderfully clean facilities. Extremely helpful staff who opened up the site shop for us at 10pm to buy paracetamol! Absolute bonus was the cafe bar, open at 11. 30pm for the England v Italy World Cup match. A. Well run, peaceful site. If you want done space around you, ask to be pitched in Long Meadow. We will be returning. Thanks Lucksall.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Colinf70 2 reviews from this member

Just had 5 nights here as soon as we pulled in the chap came out of the office took me to are pitch helped me park it up

A nice big pitches all around at 10 pm was nice and quite as we stayed opposite the kids park

Very well maintained. Site

My boys said it was the best site ever

Would recommend site

Clean everywhere park wardens walk around picking up any litter and the check dog walking area too

A+

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Joe blog 8 reviews from this member

the site is very clean and well kept. the restaurant was nice. the wardens were helpful and visible. the only a few remarks I have was children playing football near the caravans after being asked by wardens repeatedly and children hanging out of cars travelling around the park at speed and push bikes travelling around late into the night.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Phil-john 8 reviews from this member

Just returned from our first visit to Lucksall. We can only agree 100% with previous reviews, this site is immaculate in every way. The grass is very well maintained, toilets and showers are spotless and the pitches are very generous.

We stayed on a hardstanding on the recommendation of the staff as the weather was not looking good! This was only our second time on a hardstanding with our Fiesta Folding Camper but the hard pegs were easy to knock in and pull out with a claw hammer. We had just had a motor-mover fitted and found the gravel a bit deep for the jockey wheel but it coped OK.

The only other negatives about the site were Wi-Fi which they don't advertise but is available free, however I couldn't get a connection even outside the reception area, and TV signal was a bit weak but to be fair we only have a small amplified set top aerial and after a couple of days managed to find a location in the awning where we could get most of the freeview channels.

Other than that pitch fees were quite expensive but quality shows through.

The wildlife was amazing and our Cavalier loved the dog walk!

We will visit again without question.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Ruggerman 21 reviews from this member

Stayed here over the Easter weekend and found the site to be superb, we'd asked for a hardstanding in case they had suffered from the earlier rains but on our arrival found the site in immaculate condition. Even though the site was very busy you didn't notice it. The toilet blocks were always clean and there always seemed to be room for everyone with plenty of hot water. The pitch was a good size even for those with a caravan, awning & car. The on site shop was well stocked with all the bits & pieces you might need and one of the best priced we have come across. One of my highlights was the cafe which not only did good well priced food including some challenging breakfast options! but had 55 yes 55 different local ales & ciders to choose from (a great reason to go back)The walks through the woods & hills to Fownhope & Mordiford are certainly worth the effort with good pubs in each village. The staff are great & very friendly. There are plenty of fields to walk the dog although a fenced off exercise area would the icing on the cake. For us the only downside which Lucksall can do nothing about is the Buses not allowing dogs on. Hope to get back soon

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Wishihadapurpletent 9 reviews from this member

Fantastic campsite with friendly staff and clean toilets and showers.

Myself and my 9 year old son opted for an electric pitch and glad we did as it was a little chilly at night. Really generous sized pitches though we only have a little 3 man tent. Grass was kept short and the whole of the site was well maintained. Prior to arriving I did feel the price of a tent pitch was a bit high but on our 4 day stay felt it was well worth the money.

The site was mainly filled with caravans though there was a non electric field for tents - also well maintained.

We were greeted on arrival by helpful and friendly staff.

One of the bonuses of the site was a cafe which apparently is relatively new. Nice and toasty on the cold mornings and served a good range of food (full english included), drinks and is licensed and stocked with a range of local ciders and ales.

Toilets and showers were also very clean. Showers warm and free and at the time didn't have to queue. Undercover washing up facilities were also well maintained and clean.

There was a lovely park area for the kids but my son just enjoyed roaming around on his bike. We're not dog owners but there were plenty of well behaved canines with responsible owners on the site.

All in all great value for money on a quality site.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Ldricks 17 reviews from this member

We have just spent a great weekend here with friends who were also in a motorhome. The facilities are probably the best we have ever experienced, the whole site was extremely well managed and the views were excellent. We took the bus into Hereford, which was lovely, make sure you visit the cathedral. Overall an excellent stay, we will be back.

Previous     182 Reviews in total, now showing 51 to 60      Next

Other Sites Near Hereford      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Herefordshire

UKCS Meet Motorhome and Caravan Show 15/10 to 20/10, NEC Birmingham
All the new 2020 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more