Reviews of Henlow Bridge Lakes

Campsite Search > UK > South East England > Bedfordshire > Henlow Village > Henlow Bridge Lakes > Reviews

Henlow Bridge Lakes

Pitches: 200 pitches. 6 Lodges. 6 Cabins. 3 Pods
Open: 01/01/2022 to 31/12/2022

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 Glamping Units   Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   No Tennis
 No Beach   Watersports <10 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <10 miles
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  112 in total, now showing 71 to 80                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Handa 3 reviews from this member

The beauty of this site (for us anyway) is that it's not too far from London, but still remains quite rural. It is within walking distance of the mainline into London and easy access to the A1. Surprisingly it is still quite a tranquil and peaceful place to be, with lakes and walks. There is a play park and also I noticed forthcoming organised activities for children.

Staff are helpful and the toilet and shower block are kept clean. A laundry room is available with washing machines, dryers, iron and board and sinks. Free wi fi is a bonus. You can hear the trains sometimes (depending where you camp up), and traffic too but this noise did not prove to be an issue. We've stayed there several times and hope to do so again.

Reviewer: ClaireChris80 1 review from this member

We chose this campsite as it was relatively near to our home and as I had never camped with my family before it was a bit of a trial run. My partner and I went with our two girls aged 11 and 6 years. We also travelled with friends.

We had previously visited this site as my partner is a keen fisherman and used one of the four lakes on site. We planned our trip so he went fishing on the Friday morning and me and the children met him later on.

We were met by very polite staff who were keen to answer any questions I had. The pitch we were allocated was right my the massive play area which was perfect for the children as meant we could keep an eye on them from by the tents. The play area was good for both of our children.

During our stay there was also a fun day which included a bouncy castle and obstacle course. The girls also loved the tractor/trailer ride so much they went round twice waving at us as they passed by. The fun day also provided music, fire pits and free bbq but we didn't use these.

The children also enjoyed fishing with my partner and he was able to do this on the smaller lakes opposite the tents and caught some lovely fish. Most importantly all the children caught a fish so they were very pleased.

Toilet and shower block was clean and warm. Never seemed overly busy although the campsite was busy. There is also a laundry room and wash up area but we didn't use these facilities.

We had a brilliant weekend and will definitely return, however as an improving camp site I would make a couple of suggestions - the lighting outside the toilet block at night wasn't brilliant, there needs to be some sort of lighting if only the small solar lights were the lake is just for added safety although they are a good distance from the camping areas. Also the fishing is not free when you are camping. I understand on the two big lakes but maybe the smaller lakes could be discounted for campers. Maybe 5 per tent per stay?! This would encourage children who then become the people who will use the bigger lakes thus creating an income there.

Like I say brilliant weekend, highly recommended.

Reviewer: Marbro 1 review from this member

We came to Henlow as a party of over 30, adults and children for bank holiday weekend. On the Saturday it rained all day but this did dampen our experience, we all had a lovely time. Staff very friendly and helpful. Owner very approachable and keen to listen and help. Great shop, well equipped and reasonable priced and opened many hours.

We enjoyed the kids disco, bouncy castle (moved inside due to weather and wet ground), tractor rides and lots of playing in the great playground area.

Showers could have been little warmer and a bit more space (but only because I was showering with two little girls).

Cleanliness was brilliant, staff worked extra hard to insure a pleasant camping experience.

We loved the fire pit and toasting marshmallows and we used the shared kettle drum BBQ two days running.

We shall return.

Reviewer: Dwest31871 1 review from this member

This site was perfect for us, very clean, polite staff, good fishing, close to a pub, lovely size pitch, good toilet blocks with hot water all day long and well maintained. We stayed for 8 days and could not fault it, the surrounding area is very good, the lakes are very well looked after, there is a good stock of fish. Good playing areas for young kids, on site shop, tractor rides for the little ones, we would visit again.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Craftynanna 1 review from this member

We spent 8 days at the sight first time out with our folding camper, A retired couple with only a little knowledge of folding campers and the dreaded awning, the staff were so friendly and helpful, so if we had a problem we knew we had only to ask. We found the camp very secure well maintained and very clean. Toilets and showers exceptional.

A shop with a good selection of daily needs, my husband was well pleased with the selection of fishing equipment etc.

The walks around the 2 lakes and camp sight were well kept

During our stay my grandchildren came and as it was the bank holiday the sight had put on children's entertainment, bouncy castle children's disco and tractor rides, not forgetting the adults live entertainment and a mobile bar all in a marque so the weather didn't spoil the weekend, it was great

Not forgetting the children's play area it was well designed with plenty of things to keep them occupied. I was also impressed with the safety of their play area

We used the 5. 00 voucher off a meal at The Five Bells given on arrival, lovely food

My husband was very pleased with the fishing

Traffic noise at first seemed off-putting but after a short while I hardly noticed it.

We will definitely be returning

Thanks again to all the staff see you all again soon.

Reviewer: Hobart0406 14 reviews from this member

I struggled to decide where to camp, as I wanted to visit this area but toyed between a site in the middle of nowhere, and quiet, and one with a playground etc. I chose Henlow, mainly because I was camping with a 4 and 6 year old and the play area was a factor in my final decision.

On arrival, after booking in, we were immediately encouraged onto the tractor trailer for a trip around the site. The trailer was new, and it was its first journey out; we hadn't even pitched at this time! So we stuck the car on our pitch and climbed onboard. My children were beaming - and I sat next to one of the owners who are not only friendly but really expending effort on the site.

The site is in the midst of a lot of greenery, and feels living with improvements under way all the time (it seems). Quite a lot of wildlife around, and potential for some lovely short walks up into the village. And of course you can fish by the twin, quiet pools on site.

The toilet block is excellent, warm, never busy, with plenty of everything. Washing up is in its own room, my children watched the TV as I did the work!

The site wasn't at all busy during our stay (which surprised me), and since it attracts mainly families, it was quiet at night. The only disturbance at night came from the nearby A507. However my children slept through that, even though we could hear cars, lorries and the occasional high speed train.

Enough in the shop to stock up on, and if you're driving there are nearby supermarkets anyway. We found this to be a good centre to investigate Duxford, Sandy (for the RSPB centre) and Bedford. Roads are excellent around here. [I should mention that the Duxford Museum is superb! We spent over six hours there, and my two loved the play area. I could have read a book and left them to play! Also, kids go free, so I only had to pay for myself. There were some excellent Airfix children's activities on when I was there, plus great hands on exhibits. ]

Pitch was pretty level (a few bumps, but it's a flat field), easy to put pegs in, very tidy (some goose poo - but that was all - and the staff do tidy that up to some degree). Park by your pitch, and enough room, with partitioning from hedges (that are in the process of growing). Water exceptionally close, and Electricity (which we didn't use).

More expensive than we'd normally pay (so from some angles not such good value for money for a small three person tent). However, I considered it worthwhile spending a bit more for the children, who delighted in all the variety of the play frames, swings etc on offer. Great for them. I could cook and put the tent up and down, while they were glad playing and making friends.

Very friendly site, and staff, can't fault it.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Paulcampervan 1 review from this member

This is a lovely site (and handy for the A1 and London trains) and I have visited it in my campervan three times this year. The facilities with toilet block and shop are very good, the site clean and tidy. The staff are cheerful, friendly and helpful and I was made to feel very welcome. The nearby countryside is attractive and shops and pubs at Arlesey and other villages in cycling distance. I particularly recommend the Arlesey chippy (best chips and mushy peas in Bedfordshire). Well done everyone. See you again soon, I hope.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Dandnmuff 8 reviews from this member

We stayed at this site for a weekend in our Dandy folding camper as we were keen to test our young dog out with the camping experience. Despite specifically asking on our booking for somewhere quiet we were situated next to three families with young kids who were all camping together. I had been told that they would be very busy, but on arrival noted a lot of space with ehu in the next fields which would have been preferable.

Apart from that minor gripe I have to say that the site itself was great, very clean with excellent facilities and good walks around the lakes for our dog.

Road noise mentioned elsewhere was not bad and you sort of filter it out after a while, the noise from the geese though is a different matter!

The biggest asset of this site though was the very helpful and friendly young staff - give these guys a pay rise!

We did use the 5.00 off voucher in the 5 Bells but found the food pretty indifferent - nevertheless we had a great weekend and got home in 40 minutes and are very likely to return.

Reviewer: Chrisnshell 1 review from this member

Stayed here as was perfectly placed off A1 for access to family. We were 2 adults, 2 children (8+7) and 1 baby in a 6 berth caravan. This was our first ever caravan trip. This site chosen due to location for our trip requirements and reviews on this site.

Location - I have given 8/10 purely as access is via a single track slip road off the A570. Not a big problem getting to but leaving requires slow moving if towing a larger (19+ft) caravan around some rather tight bends to get back onto the A570. Otherwise location great.

Service and staff - probably the most friendliest and helpful people I've ever known. From arrival whether it was the owners to the young gents they were genuinely friendly and caring. Very interested in you as a person and couldn't go further out of their way to assist.

Facilities - elect hook up and fresh water adjacent to pitch (specify awning on booking - helps with pitch placement). Toilets very clean. Showers decent warm and power, not hot. Grey and chemical water disposal. Good walks on site around fishing lakes. Not a fisherman but friendly staff and cheep hire even made us plan to do this next stay.

Children - excellent playground. Good size catering for most ages to 13. Ours had new friends within 5 mins of arrival.

Overall - we will be returning to this site regularly as it is perfect for when visiting our family littered along the A1.

Reviewer: Cleo1dog 1 review from this member

Stayed 1 night here and was very pleased with the site and facilities. Site was spacious and well landscaped. Toilet block very clean and well maintained. Lovely playground for the children and good dog walks around the lakes. We walked to the local pub (about 15 mins) in the evening to eat which was very good.

We found this site a ideal location for a stop just off the A1, but said it would make a nice stop if we were staying a few more days and want to go to London as it was only about 10 mins walk away from a train station.

Previous     112 Reviews in total, now showing 71 to 80      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Henlow Bridge Lakes child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Henlow Bridge Lakes?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Henlow Bridge Lakes dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Henlow Village      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Bedfordshire

UKCS Meet TribFest Music Festival 19/08 to 21/08
Tribfest is the biggest and best tribute band music festival in the world. Held in August in Yorkshire - Win Family Weekend Camping Tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2022