Visitor Reviews - Greenhills Holiday Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Peak District & Derbyshire > Bakewell > Greenhills Holiday Park Reviews

Greenhills Holiday Park
Crow Hill Lane
Ashford In The Water
Bakewell
Derbyshire   (Browse area)
DE45 1PX

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: February To November

No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   No Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 1 mile   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf 1 mile   Tennis 1 mile
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  260 in total, now showing 81 to 90                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Goldfish Boy 5 reviews from this member

On arrival we were greeted by two extremely friendly site managers who showed us to our pitch. The site is extremely well kept, the toilet and shower facilities are clean to a very high standard and the play park is a real bonus.

The on-site bar had three very well kept real ales which we could sample on the terrace while the kids played in the park, and on Saturday evening there was even a free magic show which the kids loved.

My only minor criticisms are that the pitch was a little snug for my Montana 6, my car and my trailer and that because the site is extremely popular it became very, very full and that brought with it a certain amount of noise at night.

The site is just a short walk from the lovely town of Bakewell - we recommend that you buy a pudding from Bloomers and visit the old house museum. Eyam (plague village) is also well worth a visit.

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Deanobig9 2 reviews from this member

My wife and I have just spent a friday and saturday night here, here is my review!

On arrival we was greeted by a lovely lady in reception, who was organised and had us sorted in five minutes.

Our pitch was lovely, nice and flat, not the biggest pitch but was fine for our 4 man tent and car parked at the side. If we put our bigger tent up we would of just had to park our car at the front of the tent.

Facilities- a pretty well stocked shop that sold everything we forgot! Gas bottle exchange, really nice and clean toilet/shower facilities/pot washing area, reception area that also does ice lollies and coffees when the bar is closed, the bar is great, open from 10am (no booze till 12) till 11pm.

They have created a generous sized area for ball games etc to be played on, which keeps it nice and calm around the tents!

If thing did get out of hand, there are plenty of wardens about who keep things in order.

Two separate dog walking areas and a nature trial.

We walked into Bakewell, which takes about 20 mins, but you could catch a bus or drive, but parking seems a bit limited, and it does get busy, if you do drive I would get there for about 8. 45, parking costs about 3 for four hours, and on the last sat of the month, there is a farmers market.

We loved this site so much we are going back soon with the kids and cannot wait to pitch up again in our new tent!

It is perfect for families and couples alike, with them even providing entertainment for the kids on most Saturday nights.

You wont go wrong by visiting here.

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Hellena 3 reviews from this member

Loved this site, and would visit it again. It is a small site but very friendly and the staff were helpful. The site has a lovely shop that had all we needed and was open from early until late for you. Plenty of room for your tent, and it was not crowded. I spent 4 nights here with my family and we found the site very well equipped.

The washing facilities were great, plenty of space and cover while you are washing up.

The showers were in a porta cabin style building, they were clean, they provided you with mops in there so you could keep it clean as well. This helped as been in fields can get a little grubby in the rain, every one seemed to chip in.

I recommended this site, it is close to the centre of bakewell, even on foot it is about a 25 minute pleasant walk. Chatsworth house is close by and well worth a visit.

There is loads of room for kids to play and a nice park also on site.

Date of Visit: May 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Fidius 3 reviews from this member

Great site and placed very well in the great peak district with wonderful views. Although I would consider the site to be a little expensive your paying for the amenities on-site ie: cosy bar excellent shower/wash facilities and play areas for the children

The shop is open two times a day normally staffed by reception staff who run back and forth when you ring the bell

There is a no noise rule in place. The site would be great if kept as a family only site and no teenage groups

Other than that its well worth the visit and only a 30 minute walk from bakewell village.

Reviewer: Harnett family 4 reviews from this member

This was the second time we've visited Greenhills but won't be the last.

The pitches are nicely spaced out and the manager will walk round and show you your pitch rather than just pointing in the general direction and telling you the number.

It has a couple of small play areas with equipment for children, close to the bar and shop, there is also a couple of large fields for playing on.

It's a short walk to Bakewell town centre which is full of charm (and an excellent Whiskey shop) but beware, it'd downhill all the way there, ergo uphill all the way back.

Very quiet at night given the location of the A6. Many places to visit by car, Matlock Bath, Buxton, Chatsworth house, Chesterfield with it's twisted spire are a few.

Toilets are kept clean, as is the dish washing area.

Reviewer: Strattie2816 4 reviews from this member

Me and my family have just returned from a wonderful weekend here. There was me and my husband my 16 year old son and his girlfriend and my 7 year old daughter. On arrival the people in reception were most helpful and polite, they took us to our pitch which had the most fantastic views and was a good spacious grass pitch. My little girl went straight off to play, she made lots of friends and loved the playing field and park.

The shop is a well stocked little shop and if this is shut you can still get milk from reception. Joined on to reception is a lovely little pub (which on this occasion we didn't use but we will be returning here on a regular basis hopefully and would be more than happy to use it) The showers and toilet area are very well looked after and cleaned on a regular basis, the only downside is that the showers have not got a lot of room and things to put your toiletries and clothes on, but it is only a minor issue and can be put up with.

This is a fantastic site with lovely people looking after it would recommend it to anyone

Reviewer: Dodger936 12 reviews from this member

Well, we've just come back from our second stay at Greenhills, the first was last year in our trailer tent. This time was significant as it was our first ever trip in our newly bought caravan.

We definitely made the right choice as we had a great weekend again.

On arrival, we were shown to our pitch and as I've recently had an operation on my arm, the gentleman helped us to position the caravan. The pitch was large and roomy and the surrounding grass was very well kept.

The site was tidy, no unwanted noise, despite being busy and the facilities were very clean.

As I said, due to my operation, I can't drive at the moment so my Father in law kindly towed the caravan there for us and although he doesn't camp, he was gob smacked at how nice the site was! He's still going on about it now.

Anyway, due to the big football match on Sunday, (Utd vs Chelsea), 'someone' listened to it in our car, which resulted in a flat battery. We asked if we could borrow some jump leads for the following day so that we could jump start it when my Father in Law turned up. Not only did they find some for us, they brought the tractor round and got it going for us! Service well above and beyond the call of duty!

I normally give a few constructive criticisms for the sites that I review but, for once, I'm not doing. If I did, I would have to be extremely picky in order to find some, (I could make something up such as 'it needs a daily demonstration from the Hawaiian Tropic Bikini girls' but my Wife would kill me so I won't.)

Great site. Great location, extremely friendly and helpful owners/staff, nice bar and shop, good facilities.

Can't wait to go again!

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: CM1612 3 reviews from this member

This is a really nice site.We found it to be very clean and well laid out with excellent facilities including 2 large play areas for the children(1 for younger children and one for older),small shop,washing up area and laundry. There was also a small bar,which was a nice touch for a relatively small site. The site was quite busy but was never noisy and the surroundings are very pretty. The staff are friendly and helpful.

The only negative was that the shower cubicles are a bit small when trying to shower two children and the drainage outside the cubicle is not great. A family bathroom would be a useful addition.

Bakewell is an easy 25 minute walk (with young children).Dont drive into Bakewell on a Monday as it is market day and traffic was stretched out of the village. The Castle Inn at Bakewell served really nice food and the children's meals were free when bought with an adult meal. A local pizza takeaway delivers orders to site if you don't want to cook but stay on site. The pizzas were very nice and not too expensive.

There is loads to do close by including Matlock Bath,Gullivers Kingdom(great for under 10s) and the mines at Castleton (we went on the underground boat mine which was very entertaining). Carsington Water is a bit further away but well worth a visit if the weather is nice.

Overall we had a great time and will definitely be back to the area and would stop at Greenhills next time.

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Josiewales 17 reviews from this member

Just arrived home after 2 nights at greenhills. This is our fifth trip there but it is definitely the last.

The good bits- Location is very good, the hard standings are good,if a little close together, the facilities are clean, the playground and football field are good, the dog walking field is good, the little pub is nice and the owners are friendly enough.

The bad bits For a site that caters so largely for people in tents the toilets and showers are woefully inadequate another block is definitely needed, the only food available is takaways delivered to site, the shop (when open) had no toilet chemicals whatsoever (hurray for emergency bio liquid)

On a more personal note, I don't think 22 a night is cheap pre easter for the corner of a field that can only be described as a marsh (exactly the same price as a hardstanding) when I complained I was told in the nicest possible way that people were waiting for pitches if I didn't like it. As already said M/Hs are more difficult to level especially when the levelling ramps are sinking into the ground.

So there we have it, the nicest w/end so far this year shaded by trees in the mud, no chance of getting the chairs out like everyone else and to cap it all got stuck twice this morning trying to get out, managed to reverse up far side of field much to everyones amusement.

A nice site if you get a hard standing

Date of Visit: March 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: CaravanEncounters 3 reviews from this member

Visited this wonderful site on the 25th March for two nights. This was a return visit for us as we used to camp in a tent here regularly with our son when he was small. Now though he's a 17 year old teenager who struggles to cope with the confined space of a caravan, so best left at home.

We have always loved this site and the recent improvements have made it even better. We were allocated a hard standing pitch with views over the beautiful fields surrounding us. As we were setting up the sun was just beginning to set a magnificent golden glow over the surrounding vans.

We did struggle to get any reception from the sky dish but as we have found in the past with sites in this area, the reception is not great. Trial and error prevailed and we were eventually rewarded with satellite TV.

We visited the pub on site which is a converted barn and very cosy. The wine was chilled and served in small bottles, perfect. My hubby tried the local beer and wasn't disappointed. Lots of local tourist info in there too.

The sites facilities are great with a well stocked shop, you can order papers at reception the night before, showers and toilets were clean, the pot wash is well laid out and undercover and a great play area for the kids near the pub. There is also a wonderful field for dog walking, ours particularly enjoyed chasing the rabbits.

All in all a great site, close to Bakewell and its many attractions. For a longer walk try the Monsal Trail nearby and visit the viaduct. We will definitely visit again soon.

Previous     260 Reviews in total, now showing 81 to 90      Next

Other Sites Near Bakewell      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Derbyshire

Win Kids Camping Essentials worth 100! Win a BUZZ RACK Buzzpro Towball Platform

UKCS Meet Shackerstone Family Festival 31/08 to 01/09, Leicestershire
Includes arena entertainment, vintage cars, canal boats, planes, railways and much more! EXCLUSIVE Discounted weekend camping tickets ...more