Visitor Reviews - Little Switzerland Caravan Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Kent > Site Reviews

Little Switzerland Caravan Site
Wear Bay Road
The Warren
Folkestone
Kent   (Browse area)
CT19 6PS
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

Pitches: 16 caravan 22 tents

No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Shop <1 mile   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming <1 mile   Indoor Pool <5 miles   Outdoor Pool <1 mile
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf <1 mile   Tennis <1 mile
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Dog Walk

Reviews:  34 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Patpaul 1 review from this member

Love this site, the views are amazing, The owners are friendly and helpful and the site is tidy and clean. Lovely and peaceful when we were there. Narrow approach to the site but we had a trailer tent so were ok with that and there were a few large mobile homes so it couldn't have been a problem. Toilets and showers need updating soon. The cafe is of a good size with wonderful views and plenty of outdoor tables so you can enjoy the views while you eat. The only problem we had was that the cafe didn't open very early we waited until 9. 30am then gave up and wandered down to the harbour for breakfast. We were also told when we arrived that it closed at 4. 30pm. They could do a nice trade if they opened earlier and stayed open a little later. All in all it was a great site and we will certainly go back again.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jesmin 3 reviews from this member

Tony, the owner was very friendly and welcoming. Campsite basic, the toilets are outdated, but the other reviews warned me about that. The scenery, view. Wow. Absolutely stunning. It's worthwhile visiting this campsite for the views alone. The toilets were a bit far and the men's toilets are up some stairs. My husband joked by the time he gets upstairs the urge is gone. There is a convenient cafe on site, I only tried the tea and coffee cake, which was fine. Lighting in the campsite also good apart from the approach to the cafe, which you also have to use to go to the toilet, but the campers know to take a torch at night.

I would definitely visit the site again, but will request a closer pitch to the toilets! Warning: The road access to the campsite is very narrow, make sure you arrive during the daylight to be on the safe side. It is slightly more expensive then other campsites that I have been to, but then I knew what the charges were before I ventured out. Again I say it's well worth visiting this site just for the views alone. Magnificent.

There were no facilities as such for children, but my kids were happy anyway playing and other kids on site so it was fine.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bob Traffic 1 review from this member

Spent just one night here on my own but have already booked to return this month with my children.

Showers and toilets a little dated but spotlessly clean and you have to remember this is a campsite !

The owners are really great, nothing to much trouble. Nice, quite and very well kept.

Very reasonably priced and definitely worth the visit. The views from the café are stunning ! Thanks you two you made me feel very welcome

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Heidiuden 1 review from this member

Stayed 1 night as a single camper and was made to feel very welcome by owners & campers alike. Showers & loos a little old fashioned but spotlessly clean & added to the charm of the site. Stunning views, and little clubhouse for an evening drink or game if wanted. Felt so relaxed & chilled just didn't want to leave in morning. Will definitely return as a treat by myself as well as with family/friends. :)

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Johnbgood123 1 review from this member

The site is in a very pleasant location nestling in the cliffs with a beautiful view. Unfortunately for me I arrived in very bad weather which limited my discovery of the site.

Grass pitches for motorhomes with hookup and despite torrential rain I didn't get bogged down.

Owners very friendly with a good selection of transport cafe style food for the hungry traveller

Due to the bad weather I didn't get as far as the shower and toilet block so cant comment.

I would recommend

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Cloverbear 2 reviews from this member

I thought this campsite was the worst campsite ever. We booked to stay here on our return from France, but I could not bring myself to stay here again. The showers are old and dirty, had to share my shower with spiders, and my shower was cold, not even warm. I will agree there is a friendly welcome. The gents toilets are up a flight of stone steps. Pitches are all on the grass. No night time lighting.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Peterpaw 4 reviews from this member

My wife & I had our first experience using our campervan to this site. We have since returned for a second visit and happily return again.

It is a warm and friendly site and your made to feel most welcomed. The shower and toilet facilities are adequate and the site is kept reasonably clean and tidy.

There are no hard standings, but do not consider this to be a problem, and the grass areas kept neat and tidy.

The location, below the cliffs is an ideal setting and has some great walking routes to either the top part or lower parts of the cliffs.

There is a great café run by the site owners with a great selection of menu and the food is freshly cooked. There is no shop so you need to be well stocked when visiting.

Would be happy to recommend to anyone, great site and location and not overly crowded.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: PerrenialPear 2 reviews from this member

We chose this site because it is in a good location and has wonderful views. We booked for a group of 6 families (8 tents) and were given a price list two weeks previous to our visit quoting £8 pp/pn (£4 child).

We checked in on arrival and tried to pay but were told to come back later. We were given a small private area for our group, approx. 3 minutes walk away from main site facilities. Yes, our area did have two toilets, but neither had a light, one was leaking and the door did not shut on the other, and we had no hand washing facilities except the tap at the other end of the pitch area.

When departing we went to settle our account. We were then told it was £9 pp/pn, more than quoted less than two weeks before. The owner then proceeded charged each of the families in our group a price about £25 more than it should have been, even at £9 pp/pn) and said he would 'do a deal'. The 'deal' price was more than they had expected to pay in the first place! Check the price before pitching!

The rest of the site looked nicer but would not accommodate our group. We should have been given a discount due to the terrible facilities in the area we were given to pitch in, instead we were over charged!

Needless to say we will be looking to camp elsewhere in the future.

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mitch2 3 reviews from this member

Little Switzerland was our first stay ever, in our touring caravan. We are very fortunate that we live in Canterbury so only a 30 minute journey was perfect. The site has probably the best views anywhere, overlooking the English Channel. We were lucky as the weather was very good but cold (-3 at night).

The site was very clean and tidy. The pitches are very well protected from the wind by the chalk cliffs. Again the views are amazing.

There is a cafe on site offering meals only open to about 1630hrs at tis time of year. This is a family run site and they were very friendly and made you feel very welcome.

The toilets and washing facilities were very blean but very dated. It was a shame that the water was only just warm. Not hot enough for a shower.

There are some lovely walks right on the doorstep.

Folkestone is very run down but to be honest you are on the doorstep of the Kent countryside and there are so many wonderful places to visit. Very close to the Ferry Ports and Eurotunnel if you are going abroad.

We will definitely be going again.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Goodwater 1 review from this member

I have stayed at Little Switzerland numerous times and always recommend it to friends who are pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness, location and great service. The man and his wife who run the campsite are always very nice and welcoming. I have been coming every year for about 7 years now. Its close enough to London to make a weekend of it and feel like you have gone on holidays.

I would recommend this campsite to anyone who wants a nice relaxing time by the sea.

Previous     34 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Save to Virtual Brochure  Add this Site to your Virtual Brochure                                Share  Google Plus  Email Link  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

Other sites within 10 miles   -    All Sites in Kent   -   Search for a site

Three sets of AutoSock Car Snow Socks to be won Win a Weeks Holiday at Stafford Moor Fishery

UKCS Meet Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show 19th to 24th Feb, NEC
See the latest ranges of motorhomes, caravans, holiday homes, tents, awnings and accessories ...more