Reviews of Graffham Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > South East > West Sussex > Petworth > Graffham Camping And Caravanning Club Site Reviews

Graffham Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Great Bury
Graffham
Petworth
West Sussex   (Browse area)
GU28 0QF

Open: 01/04 to 02/11

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Shop   No Bar   No Restaurant   Wifi Access
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  113 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Our site is opening in line with government guidance and we are taking bookings for arrivals from 04/07/2020 onwards , please be assured you can book with confidence

For peace of mind of our customers and staff, we have decided to restrict our communal areas and this *may* include shower or toilet facilities being closed. Please contact us for full details of what facilities are available.

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: July 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Crowf78227qco 1 review from this member

I didn't like the unhelpful chap on site as asked if could charge mobile anywhere. No the office shut! ( Could have had an extension lead out under a plastic box thought I. )

Looking around we noticed lots of pitches with electricity, unoccupied.

We asked same man if there were any free as I had tried to book with electricity initially he said he thought there were some cancellations and would come back to us. He didn't. Next day we asked lady site manager, she found us one. Great!

Due to Covid, no shower or toilets were open, there are two blocks, you could only wash up at the block near the entrance, which for a lot of people was a bit of a trek. Couldn't understand why other washing up facilities not open.

The site is absolutely beautiful set amongst the trees. The driveway in is not as rough as I had expected having read reviews. ( Folkestone site far far worse!)

Really enjoyed our few days here. Nice to get away and hear laughter from children dogs frolicking and birds tweeting.

Local pub in Graffham really expensive, £5 for 1 pint of cider!

Would visit again!

Date of Visit: June 2019 Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Queenie99990 2 reviews from this member

Lovely natural campsite among the trees, very peaceful & secluded. Love the fact that there are pitches dotted all over hidden in rhododendron bushes. If you are looking for wide open spaces this is not the campsite for you as you are camping under the trees.

There are tree roots everywhere so be aware if camping in a tent as they could split the bottom of the tent. It was wonderful to wake up to the sounds of the birds dawn chorus every morning & spend hours watching the birds, they come right up to you.

As you are in the woods the floor is sandy/gritty with lots of leaves so I would recommend shoes that you can slip on/off as it gets everywhere. The showers were spacious with lots of hooks they were hot and not the push button showers that you get at most campsites so were a bonus.

The wardens were very friendly & helpful even lent us their own map when we went on a cycle ride. We walked to the pub in Graffham-map from reception, lovely walk through fields & woods.

We also cycled into Petworth 5-6miles-map from reception, this was mixture of quiet roads and off road. Definitely going to re-visit.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: WHeaps 7 reviews from this member

We have been meaning to visit this site for ages, and really pleased we finally got around to staying. We had previously had a look when passing, and decided to ask for one of the grassy pitches when booking, which we got. A lovely site, really peaceful and secluded. Quite different from other club sites we have used, as it is much less 'regimented', but still all the advantages of a friendly efficient welcome, and spotless excellent facilities. Yes, you need a torch (and good sense of direction) to get to the main loo block after dark, but that is the fun of camping.

Location is perfect. South Downs literally on the doorstep, but don't ignore the fantastic heath-land walks immediately out of the campsite entrance.

Graffham village has an excellent (if rather up-market) shop and a nice pub (both of which set prices and range of goods to suit the rather affluent local population, but much better than driving miles for supplies)

An excellent site which we will visit again.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Tanyacat 2 reviews from this member

We spent 2 nights here during a warm spell in April. We took our van and awning and our 2 young kids.

The campsite was easy to find down a long, fairly well maintained road. On arrival we were met by one of the campsite staff who allocated us a spot and then walked us to it. We found the staff very welcoming and helpful.

Our large level pitch was tucked away on its own which was very nice. The whole campsite seems to be like this - with bigger sections of a few pitches where you could camp with friends and family. It is very woody, so perfect for not getting to hot in summer! The ground was fairly easy to put pegs in but you would need a mallet.

The wash facilities were clean and well maintained and, above all, heated which really makes a difference in the colder months. Hot water was plentiful.

There was a fish and chip van that came on Friday evening. We didn't try the fish but the chips were amazing!

It is worth noting that you cannot do any charcoal BBQing here as it is woodland and therefore under strict fire rules. You can use a gas stove however, to cook things.

For walkers there are loads of lovely trails directly from the campsite that we loved.

We will definitely be back!

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Vivebunny 3 reviews from this member

Myself and my 2 teenage daughters stayed for 2 nights. Unfortunately it rained for 90% of the time. No doubt more experienced campers than I would have looked at the weather forecast and not bothered turning up. More hardy campers than I wouldn't have minded the horrible weather.

Whilst the site is very pretty I did come home with a lot of mud, sand and leaf debris because the pitches are woodland and not grass. I also had a lot of condensation in my folding camper - more than any other trip.

The Site Owners were lovely and very helpful. The facilities are great; clean; well organised and when 1 set is being cleaned the other set remain open. The site is very, very pretty, lots of walks and nearby attractions (but we are local so didn't do them). I went on a short walk that was well signposted, into nearby National Trust property.

I'm not sure I'll come back here. I camped for 2 days but cleaned up and dried out for 3. I'm notching this trip up to experience. I think I'm a grass camper at heart.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Cactusprawn 3 reviews from this member

Slightly bumpy pot holed approach road. Site set in a wooded area on different levels with small ‘lay-bys’ off the main access road through the site. Mainly hard standing (ie not grass but hard earth some a bit sandy). Very pretty in the woods and many very private. Some share two plots. Staff very helpful and show you to the site on foot or on bike if it’s a bit far away. Small shop selling essentials and ice creams. Two sets of toilets / facilities. Site pretty dark at night (no street lighting) so take a torch. Lots of birds (robins) to feed. Great fun and you really feel tucked away in the woods. Nice pub about an hours walk away (?) and do stop at Graffham village shop which is well stocked and interesting to look around. We had a great stay and will return if we are in the area again

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Kateandjames 52 reviews from this member

A lovely rustic site nestled at the bottom of the South Downs and open

and wooded heathland. Plenty of walking with pub lunches. Pitches aren't particularly level, chocs advised for vans, but all pitches are nestled into the woodland. A site that apparently was left to the CCC by an ardent camper, there are still some of the original facilities which complement the modern toilet, shower facilities. My only negative, if its dry dust gets in every corner of your van, if its very we then I'm guessing it could be a bit muddy, but I may be wrong.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Smelljeffshand 7 reviews from this member

Just spent an amazing weekend here. The weather was stunning. The walks brilliant (South Downs way is a must) them wardens where the friendliest people you could wish for. The loos spotless as was the rest of the site. You could see them working hard on and off all day( the wardens that is. Not the loos).

The site itself is amongst the forest and the pitches are huge. Divided by bamboo and rhododendrons bushes which gave quite a lot of privacy. You can pick up footpaths straight from the site. And there are many. I walked from the site through Westland stud farm then into seaford collage and up on to the Southdowns which was wonderful.

Of course site rules apply and I saw no one abusing them. Very quite after 11.

For my overall experience I would give graffham 10/10

My only gripe. The entrance sign was so small I missed it first time round

Graffham I applaud you 👍

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Waggyfromderby 34 reviews from this member

Too organised a site for me, too many rules, too far to the showers and like a maze to find them. Not a site for me. But I think its a good site for families especially for kids to meet and play with others. The walks in the surrounding woodland/ Marshes great for the dog but make sure you have a sat nav on your phone, its very easy to get lost. No pubs within walking distance. Nearby NT place not dog friendly, however café Tiffin's tea room is, this is a great place for lunch or afternoon tea. Lots of lovely walks around the town, follow the town trail (leaflet from Tiffins), visit the ancient cemetery, fascinating, but watch the fast road you have to cross.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Pmaynard 11 reviews from this member

If you only like wide open spaces and lots of sunshine DONT visit here. If on the other hand you fondly remember Scout or Guide camps in natural surroundings amongst the trees then this is almost certainly for you. No open play areas but acres of woodlands for children to enjoy building camps.

Wherever you are pitched you will be amongst trees and shaded to some or a greater extent. The ground gets a bit gritty when it has rained. The main toilet block is spotless but a little dated and you could find yourself a long way from it. The second block without showers is very basic. The staff were great and Friday night's fish and chip van a real treat. A very pleasant walk through trees & across fields or along the road to the local pub and wonderful village shop. The surrounding area is beautiful with many interesting places. Best of all is the peace and solitude. We liked it very much.

Previous     113 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Graffham Camping And Caravanning Club Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Is Graffham Camping And Caravanning Club Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Petworth      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in West Sussex

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 26/07
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more