Visitor Reviews - Sandringham Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Sandringham > Sandringham Camping And Caravanning Club Site Reviews

Sandringham Camping And Caravanning Club Site
The Sandringham Estate
Double Lodges
Sandringham
Norfolk   (Browse area)
PE35 6EA

Open: 14/02 to 06/01

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  150 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15

Date of Visit: April 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: E-Fields 3 reviews from this member

What a fantastic and warm welcoming site!

Booked through the C&CC website and stated that we were travelling with a child with ASD and asked, if possible, that we could have a pitch away from facilities on a 'quiet area' if possible. The site telephoned me two weeks prior to arrival to discuss options and how to make our pitch work best for us.

On arrival, we were shown to our allocated pitch by one of the wardens who then filled us in on local attractions, where the quieter spots where and then said, and I quote, "I do not wish to make any assumptions as I know everyone is different so please forgive me, but would you like the disabled toilet room unlocked if this would make things calmer and simpler for you, if so, I'll ensure they are unlocked at all times".

Now -we always travel everywhere with a radar key for those times where busy blocks are just too much but the fact that the warden offered the use of these facilities, and the fact he offered ontop of the pre-arrival telephone call made me melt. Thank you so much for what may seem like small gestures, you melted my heart and made things a lot easier for us and our little one.

Away from this;the site is kept spotlessly clean with at least 4 warden couples working tirelessly. The on site shop is well stocked and everyone we met was friendly and helpful. Kids play areas looked lovely (we only went once) and ladies and men's shower blocks which my husband and I used when being able to shower alone (rare - it's like visiting a spa!) Where again spotless and really warm!

We visited Sandringham house (about a mile walk from the site), enjoyed ice creams here and had tons of fun on the playground there. From just outside the campsite, there is the 'yellow trail' walk which takes you circular 3 miles from the site round to Sandringham and then back through the deep woods -recommend this to anyone (not really suitable for pushchairs unless you have a 4x4 version!).

Hunstanton and Heacham both lovely but busy. We preferred Brancaster beach (4 all day parking) with lovely soft sand (the other were very stoney). At Brancaster there are 3 shipwrecks visible at low tide.

We also enjoyed a day at Holkham Hall and hired bikes here -suitable for all ages and abilities with tag a long bikes or bike buggys for really little ones and bikes with stabilizers also available. We enjoyed a good few hours here riding along the different coloured routes. Cost for 5 of us was 45 for 2 hours but you could hire all day for 70.

Of course you could just park up on site and spend the time wandering through the many trails available through the woods, we also did this on 'those days where you don't want to spend a single penny'.

On our entry into site from West Newton the lane is fairly single track. We met a Range Rover travelling the other way who kindly pulled over onto the verge for us. My husband and I look agog when we both said "omg, I think that's P. William!".

Thank you to all at Sandringham C&CC for a wonderful site, a fantastic stay. We are already looking to book again to explore more of this wonderful area.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Nights stayed: 6 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Colin21 10 reviews from this member

Just got home from what has become one of our favourite sites. This was our third visit and it certainly won't be our last. Sandringham C&CC site has a wide variety of pitch-types, from open and sunny, to pitches set among trees in a very informal layout.

We chose to pitch among the trees, and in view of the temperatures we experienced, it proved to be a good move. We had plenty of shade on the hottest of days.

There are plenty of really good dog-walks through the beautiful grounds of the Royal estate. Our dog was spoilt for choice! Kings Lynn town is close by for shopping needs, and is well worth exploring.

In the opposite direction, Hunstanton is a nice small town with beautiful beaches, and there are many other seaside resorts within easy reach along the North Norfolk coast. Sandringham C&CC site is an ideal base for exploring West and North Norfolk.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Climo 6 reviews from this member

Secluded site set in trees. Although the site was large it never felt like that. Extremely helpful manager.

Shower / toilet block could maybe do with updating but it was very clean & well kept.

A great site, well run and a delight to stay on

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Fluppet 1 review from this member

I arrived early in the week before the spring Bank Holiday. Great welcome from staff who helped me choose a pitch at the 'quiet' end! I enjoyed great peace and quiet before the big rush at the weekend. Apart from the road resurfacing but that's life.

Having come from a somewhat soggy St Neots it was great to be on well drained ground. There is lots to do in the area and I had a great time.

One grumble I couldn't close the awning because of the smell of dog wee. I was very close to the dog walk so WHY oh WHY do so many campers think it's OK to toilet their dogs inside the camping area.

I saw it all the stay people walking their dogs in the camping area when there was a perfectly good walk round the whole site. Granted most picked up after their dogs but it simply isn't right. I have two dogs myself and I find it unacceptable behaviour.

PS I have no idea how to rate the child friendliness bit as my children are long gone but kids were enjoying themselves. Please give us the N/A option I don't use the toilet blocks either.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Nights stayed: 10 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: 664DaveS 30 reviews from this member

We have just returned from 10 days at this lovely site, as the weather had been awful, we booked a hardstanding.

The very friendly site manager offered us a choice of pitches all level and a good size. It's a big well spaced out site.

We were able to put up our awning on the hard standing and park the car on the grass, which was firm and well drained so no problem.
There is a big range of grass and hard standings well spaced out in a lovely forest setting, there are plenty of birds, rabbits and squirrels to watch!

The facilities were very clean with three blocks to choose from showers were hot, but pressure was a little low in one block.
There are miles of walks in the adjacent forest, ideal for dogs! Its a pleasant walk to nearby Sandringham Estate with the house gardens and visitor centre.

Its a short drive to Kings Lynn where there is a big Sainsburys, Asda with fuel.

The coastal road from Hunstanton and beyond is very pleasant with lots of places to walk, beaches to see or swim from in the summer!.
It was quiet during our visit as the Easter holidays had ended but weather was great!

Reception sells a range of snacks and ices, a chip van visits a few evenings a week.

Phone signal was not good on EE, but the warden said 3 network worked well for them.

There is site wifi which was 10 for a week.

There is a kiddies play area and lots of space for them to exercise!
The site is very peaceful but there is jet noise at times from nearby RAF Marham. There was some traffic noise at the weekend mainly motorbikes, probably due to fine weather.
A lovely site.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Parkypig 4 reviews from this member

First visit to the site, loved the place.

Made to feel very welcome from the word go, and as a bonus, the pine cone challenge has no age limit to it! fill a bucket with pine cones and get a treat from reception. (my wife didn't let me enter)

Our hard standing, electric hook up pitch was brilliant, loads of room, and didn't feel like you were on top of the people next to you. Although it was very busy, the way the site is set out within the trees, made it feel very spacious.

Facilities were spot on, clean and tidy.

Superb location to explore the surrounding area with our dog, lovely walk to the Sandringham house and eastate grounds were beautiful, even better once everyone else has gone, and it feels like you have the place to yourself, loads of wildlife to spot too. Our only issue is we didn't have longer to stay!.

Huntstanton Beach is also well worth a visit, 20mins away in the van, cliff top parking with stunning views and lovely long beach walks.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Graham Steele 3 reviews from this member

What a delightful stay my wife and I have just experienced at this camp site. Facilities immaculate, well laid out pitches and super location. However the best thing about it is the staff.

These are people who want you to enjoy your stay and keep coming back. Not the all to familiar 'job's worth's' that the CC club so often employs.

Well done to all of you and thank you again for providing your guests with a lovely well run and hospitable site.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Philip Howarth 9 reviews from this member

A well laid out large site with excellent shower facilities in a quiet woodland location. There is a bus stop a short walk away, being handy for lovely beaches or towns such as King's Lynn. Catering for all types of outfits with 'glamping' tents available for hire.

As with all C&CC sites helpful staff with basic items available in the office shop. A couple of pubs within 5 minutes drive or 30 minutes walk, also handy for visiting the Sandringham House & Estates.

Although a large site it does not feel large, with pitches set among the trees, apart from aircraft occasionally overhead is very quiet.

Can only recommend, we will return

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mjlincs 26 reviews from this member

I really cannot fault this site, very friendly wardens, immaculate facilities, beautiful surrounding and a great area around.

The best part is the informal layout among the trees it is so beautiful and makes the site look much smaller than it is.

The little shop at reception is okay for essentials and they will order papers for you as well. Take a walk across the road an up the avenue to the Sandringham estate it is a lovely walk.

Nearby in Snettisham is the Old Bank Restaurant which is superb for a coffee stop, lunch or a fabulous evening meal. One of our favourite sites.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Chivdog 2 reviews from this member

This site is wonderful. The facilities are clean and generous. We'd booked a super (8m x 8m) grass pitch for the second May bank holiday and were given a choice of two spacious and private pitches amongst the trees. Upon arrival we were told the site was packed - I was expecting Glastonbury packed but was pleasantly surprised when the nearest pitch to ours was approx 10 m away. The wardens were for the most part friendly and did a good job. There was one warden who was pernickety, but I chose not to be wound up by his pointless requests (e. G. I along with about 15 others were waiting off the road, under a tree and away from nearby pitches for our fish and chips, he rode up to me and another chap and told us to stand next to the chip van on the other side of the road, I'm not sure why he singled me and the other fella out or why we couldn't wait under the tree. I did as I was told, but was slightly bemused). Otherwise, I highly recommend this site.

Previous     150 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Norfolk

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over 205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire