Reviews of Sandringham Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Sandringham > Sandringham Camping And Caravanning Club Site Reviews

Sandringham Camping And Caravanning Club Site
The Sandringham Estate
Double Lodges
Sandringham
Norfolk   (Browse area)
PE35 6EA

Open: 13/02/2021 to 04/01/2022

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  160 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Date of Visit: October 2020 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 8 Travelling as:  With friends
Reviewer: DAWN MILWARD 2 reviews from this member

I stayed for 8 nights and really enjoyed this tranquil break. Although it is a big site the pitches are spaced out and I woke to the sun peeping through the trees most mornings.

I read mixed reviews but the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful, the ladies pedal on their bikes tirelessly to show you to your pitch and nothing was too much trouble.

It is a great location for the beaches and Sandringham estate, which was understandably closed due to Covid, but tea room, shop, play area and toilets were all open at Sandringham.

I knew the facilities on this site were all closed when booking which didn't really make sense as facilities on most other campsites and at Sandringham itself facilities were all open, I think charging the full price still when no facilities were available was a little cheeky, hence the lower marking, but went here as my friend was staying on this site.

The fish and chip van visited regularly and they were nice enough, a long queue but to be expected on any site.

Overall I would visit again, it is a lovely location, feels secluded in the trees but plenty of open space too, lovely walks and cycle routes and staff had took the time to decorate the entrance with amusing autumnal/Halloween themed decorations which raised a smile.

Overall a friendly and well maintained site.

Date of Visit: September 2020 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Mick S. 31 reviews from this member

We met up with friends here with the intention of visiting the nearby Sandringham Game Show - which was cancelled, in the end. We found the site clean and well run, and they seem to have the hang of the Covid rules pretty much.

The pitch was level (some arent), and well drained. The hook up box wasn't too far away, and had a tv point - which we needed, but our friends literally over the road, did not. They hire 20m lengths of co-ax, but we had our own.

There isnt much about as diversions go, apart from some nice walking in the woods, and to the Sandringham Estate. Driving to the nearby coast is easy enough, as well.

A Chip van, and pizza van visits every week, if you are interested. We didn't use the facilities, so cannot comment. More water points would be a plus though. Why they arent on the hook up posts, I don't know.

The site is peaceful - APART from the incessant trundling of the groundstaff around the site on their tractors/trailers. This was annoying in the end, and I don't know why they have to do so many circuits in a day. The record was 6 passes one day.

This aside (and it wont stop a return visit), its a good site. We wandered around the nearby 'enemy' C&MC site through the woods, and I have to say it didn't look as good all round. There can be some military aircraft noise, if it bothers you. But where in Norfolk isn't there!

Date of Visit: July 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 8 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Stevem 1 review from this member

Poor lawn maintenance, my 4 year old son twisted his ankle (twice!)in a divot/rabbit hole obscured by long grass ie it hadnít been mowed for some time. Pine cones were layering, because so many were falling on the ground. Letís hope you donít have too many ambulance chasing lawyers staying with you🧐

No recycling! isnít this the sort of place that teaches children that recycling isnít just a home practice? I heard that the local recycling area sorts it???? That must be very intense for them. Why not have it anyway to enthuse the kids and help the recycling plant. It really doesnít fit the image of a clean, green, healthy site.

Attractive site if neater and quietly located. We do intend to return

Date of Visit: July 2020 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Andy and maz 11 reviews from this member

We've stayed here before and we enjoyed it but this time was awful. This review is not against the site staff but the C&CC itself.

The site was given only 3 staff to organise EVERYTHING which was a nightmare for them. They were also not allowed onto the site during lockdown to prepare for opening. Therefore with a site which has lots of trees and copses there were twigs, branches, pinecones and other 'tree litter' all over. Worse than this, the fields had not been mown and there was Ragwort growing all over the place (Ragwort causes liver failure in both humans and animals if ingested - its so dangerous its illegal to leave untreated on private land).

We were on a grass pitch which was claustrophobicly hemmed in at the back between a fence and 2 rows of caravans marked by yellow spray paint! The pitch was so uneven, our self leveller would not level! We eventually got to speak to the manager who agreed entirely with us and gave us a full refund!

We planned for 5 nights but only stayed 2 hours. On top of this, the facilities were closed but full price (£34 per night) was charged. We managed to get in at other site an hour away which was a fully serviced pitch, facilities open and was £24 per night!

We won't be returning. Once again I would like to reiterate that the on site staff were brilliant and it was the camping and caravan club who let us down.

Date of Visit: August 2019  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Other
Reviewer: Tracy Holbard 1 review from this member

I stayed here in July 2019 after reading some of the reviews I was wondering what the site would be like.

Well rest assured it was great we were greeted with lovely wardens the guy who showed us our spot was dave what a nice guy even after we asked for a shaded spot then changed our minds with a sunny spot but for him it was no trouble.

The shower blocks were clean and tidy would I come back again yes and my daughter whom I came with agrees so don't believe all the reviews.

Date of Visit: August 2019 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Kiwi1Adventures 13 reviews from this member

Trouble free trip to the campsite following the hassle free directions provided by the site owners to facilitate a safe arrival.

The site is wooded as opposed to open field and this was an advantage during the recent high winds as the trees acted as a buffer although I am a bit cautious about setting up near trees given a close call with a large tree a few years earlier.

Fish and chips were on offer three nights a week from the local chippie and this was a nice break from having to cook, especially on the day of arrival. Waiting time after ordering was 45 minutes and this was duly noted and quite accurate, allowing time to return to the fake lafumas and enjoy a drink in the sun.

Being wooded a lot of sites are over shadowed very early on and we were lucky. Showers didn't have timers and were nice and warm and well laid out regarding space to put bits and bobs.

This site was a quick cycle to Sandringham however a large carpark is on offer for those wishing to drive. Other sites are probably a bit further out. Additional information is provided in other reviews so I shall avoid repeating what they have said.

Staff were excellent, facilities were good but slowly getting to the point where an upgrade would be nice within a few years. Be sure to bring earwig repellant.

I lost count of the number I had to clear away each day.

Date of Visit: July 2019 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Bridgeywidge 22 reviews from this member

I stayed here during the recent heatwave having earmarked the site as a possible bolt-hole when in need of a camping fix (we are C&CC members). I had a little window of opportunity and seized it, excitedly setting off in the extreme heat for a 2-hour drive to this rather lovely part of our island.

I had booked in advance - a grass pitch with electric - and on arrival Reception dealt with my arrival very smoothly, and was taken by a warden to choose a pitch with my particular requirements (with some shade but not too much as that can be gloomy). Being a solo traveller, I was also happy to have a few units around me and chose a pitch under a large silver birch not too far from the facilities and with a bit of a view.

The Reception area was planted up with lovely flowers and looked very welcoming. Arriving felt quite special, as the approach is along lovely wooded glades and all rather manicured (well, the Queen does live nearby). I was given the usual leaflets with rules and contact info (which are fine by me, these keep people happy and safe) but would have liked a site map - if only for future visits to select a possible pitch.

The site is surrounded by forest and there are walks, including a dog walk (the site is dog friendly but leads are required) should you have time or the inclination. It was too hot for me and and I was heading for the coast. You can walk to Sandringham House too.

Pitches are generally flat and laid out without boundaries, but there are a few slopes and the space broken up with some copses so it's not just a sea of units, and all the better for that. The whole place was tranquil - on the whole - and rather serene. I was charmed. It reminded me of sites on the French west coast.

There are two (maybe 3) utility blocks, with bins and taps at various points around the site so not too much of a walk. My 'bollard' was quite a way so you may need a long flex for EHU. The facilities were very clean as one expects from C&CC, but I think a few more washing up sinks might be useful for busier times (although it was the start of the school holidays). I didn't have to queue for that or the showers but it might be a problem at weekends or bank holidays.

I didn't use the on site shop but it offers basic items (cash only) should you need food or camping accessories. There's a Lidl and Tesco in Hunstanton for larger shopping needs.

The site is sandy so quick draining although it wasn't needed whilst I was there, despite a thunderstorm which fortunately passed over quickly or I might have ended up in the car (I'm not a fan of lightning). As a lone female, I felt very safe, with my neighbours saying hello and keeping an eye out.

There's lots to do nearby, be that watery stuff by the beautiful beaches, stately homes and lots of countryside for cycling, walking or birdwatching.

My only gripe was a group of children playing loudly in the copse near me until at least 10. 00pm -squealing - which echoed around due to the still air and little amphitheatre hillock. I know they were letting off steam (ditto parents) but it felt quite late. There are worse noises of course (like loud music) but it rather grated after 9. 30 when all else was calm.

I was sad to leave and hope to be back, next time with my OH and our bikes plus an invitation for 'Liz' for afternoon tea. At £35 for the two nights, with electric, not cheap exactly, but definitely worth it. To quote Arnie, I'll be back.

Date of Visit: July 2019 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Jamesvolunteer 10 reviews from this member

I had a fantastic time at this site. The pitch for my tent was very generous, and I had plenty of space either side. The facilities are superb, which is to be expected with a main CCC site, and there always seemed to be a staff member buzzing around on a bike.

The staff were all professional and courteous. (Before going, I was slightly concerned about several negative reviews on TripAdviser re staff politeness, but on reflection I wonder if the complaints are more about CCC site rules. I personally pay for those rules, so that I can have a quiet and relaxing time, so I hope they never change).

The site has a small shop, a chip van that comes on certain days, and several toilet/shower blocks and other amenities. It is very Dog friendly, and one thing I do like about this and other CCC sites is that they really do seem to care about Dogs, with plenty of help and advice dotted round re helping your pet have a good time.

Locally there are many woodland walks, including to Sandringham House of course, and this site would be absolutely ideal as a base for bikes. Indeed I saw several bike packers during my stay, as well as a couple of long distance hikers. Everyone was catered for very well which is nice. Sometimes the folks in small tents are seen as a bit 'lesser' but here everyone had equal importance as far as I could see.

My trip included a drive to castle Rising, and Hunstanton, both of which are quite close.

Despite it being a big site, it was very quiet and peaceful. I will definitely return as I ran out of time to do the walks and visits I wanted to do.

Date of Visit: July 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Vwdubman 25 reviews from this member

Having been a member of the camping and caravanning club for several years we decided to venture to this club site, oh dear what a big mistake, greeted in a not very friendly way and told of all the rules and regulations pertaining to the running the campsite.

We were taken to our pitch and left to our own devices! Eventually I found the numbered electric hook up for our pitch the numbers had been rubbed out( not very well) and duplicated on a couple of different hook ups but had to use 2 cables to reach our caravan totalling 30metres in length.

The toilet facilities were tired and needed a revamp, some taps not working or you could turn them on but not off.

A couple of the wardens enjoyed their jobs and you could see that the rest are definitely in the wrong job and need to look elsewhere for employment as this is not your vocation with the organisations that you work using the slogan Ď the friendly club,

If I came to the area again I would use the caravan and motor home site the other side of the road, the worst camping and caravanning site I have been to and will not be returning to.

Date of Visit: June 2019 Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Neil Heb 14 reviews from this member

Good points:-

Nice location and lovely setting, mostly under trees.

Mixture of grass and hardstanding pitches and given a choice on arrival. 3 facilities blocks, so not too far from pitches. When we stayed the site was probably less than half full, but didnít appear crowded.

Bad points:-

Many pitches are some distance from electric bollards, a 25m (or longer) lead is required for most pitches (they should warn you of this in booking info). We had an instance where a campervan was leaving and drove across our lead, despite me asking him not to. When we reported this to the staff, we got differing opinions on this, which was not helpful. Some staff definitely not helpful.

Facilities blocks OK, but tired - we have seen better on C&CC sites - needs some investment.

Previous     160 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Sandringham Camping And Caravanning Club Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Sandringham Camping And Caravanning Club Site?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Sandringham Camping And Caravanning Club Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Sandringham      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Norfolk

UKCS Meet New Forest Caravan & Motorhome Show 21/05 to 25/05
Browse the latest models, research purchases and watch expert webinars, all from the comfort of your sofa ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021