Visitor Reviews - Wing Hall Wing Lakes Caravan & Camping

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Rutland > Site Reviews

Wing Hall Wing Lakes Caravan & Camping

Fishing On Site   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <1 mile

Reviews:  117 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20

Write your own Review wo win a 150 Amazon Voucher!!

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Pfitz0112 2 reviews from this member

Just got back from a four day stay at this little gem of a site! I've noticed some negative feedback from others but to be honest all the toilet facilities and showers are more than adequate as are the pot washing facilities. The staff are both professional and helpful. Smell who works in the shop was especially kind to both my girls as was the the camp owner. The shop is well stocked with some amazing bread and fresh eggs as wel as wines beers and spirits. If your new to the area as we were then this is a great place to explore all the surrounding areas.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Rmtheatre 2 reviews from this member

It's such a shame, this has the potential to be a really nice campsite, unfortunately it's badly let down by its staff.

Firstly what you are quoted on the website might not be what you actually pay. Website said 40 total which I paid in advance however when I arrived I was charged an extra 12, making each night 26, a lot for a very basic campsite with no hardstanding pitches.

The lack of hard pitches resulted in us being stuck in the mud, thank goodness for our fellow campers who pushed us out.

After a wet day (not the campsites fault) I looked in vain for some functioning showers. I called and was rather rudely told that all campers had been told where the showers were. I hadn't been.

When we had a problem with our electrics the maintenance man was very helpful and helped us rectify the problem.

I hired a fire pit when we arrived, paid a 20 deposit and 5 for a days hire. After being out all Sunday I tried to return it Sunday evening but the reception was shut.

On Monday morning with the reception open I returned the firepit but was only given 15 of my deposit back. I was told that I had it on Sunday so it would be an extra 5. I pointed out that I had tried to return it but couldn't and anyway Sunday was a complete washout there was no way it could be used and the campsite was also virtually empty so it wasn't like I was depriving anyone else of a firepit. I was told that they are the rules, 5 a day, no exceptions. Further attempts to argue my case were met with silence and so I left Wing Hall caravan site with a sour taste in my mouth.

I hope they spend my 5 wisely.

Would I return? To the area, yes, to the campsite, no.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: LesD 18 reviews from this member

A much better site than we expected. Stayed 4 nights. Staff very friendly and helpful. Well stocked shop, excellent licensed Cafe serving good food. 4 camping areas to choose from EHU in 2. The Adults only field is mostly level the others are gently sloping. Great views from the site. The toilet block in the field has 4 WCs & 2 basins on each side Male & Female, outside is a covered wash-up area with sinks but no hot water. The second toilet block is near the hall. It is a bit cramped with 3 WCs and 1 basin for men & the same for women. There are 2 sets of push button showers with plenty of hot water(no charge). Main shower block next to the Hall has 3 male & 3 female showers. The second has 1 female & 2 unisex showers. Nearby are wash-up sinks with hot water. All the WCs, Showers and sinks were cleaned regularly with tiled or painted walls. Only criticism is the limited number of wash hand basins.

Plenty of Chickens roaming around, fields with goats and a pig to watch, friendly cats and a dog to stroke.

The village pub is a short walk away. Good location for Rutland water and places around. Main supermarket in Oakham but the camp shop is very good. We enjoyed our time there and would stay again.

A well run campsite.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Belper Bloke 2 reviews from this member

Just had our second visit to wing Hall we love it, basic yes, but that what camping should be. The best shop in the area, try the bread,

Four fields to pick from, Adult only, EHU, and no facilities in one of the fields we went in the adult only as I can't be doing with other folks kids it was good, free showers, but very basic, no real sink for wash and shave stuff, so used the washing up bowl, great cafe for meals if you don't want to cook.

Great pub in the village, and the food is top class, not open on Sunday night.

The site is handy for Rutland Water places to eat and a pint.

So all in all basic, but fab, back again in two weeks.

One thing why do campers let their dogs crap in the camp field ?.

Regards Belper Bloke.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Madfish435 2 reviews from this member

This place is horrid. We were charged 10 more than other people we met in the pub. ! Uou are made to buy an electricity card, even though from what I saw, there was always electricity on the pitches. The facilities are rank. Dirty, smelly and unclean. Not a lot of investment done to this place in many years. 35 per night for filth. Not good at all. Will not be going back. EVER.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: UnderCanvasAgain 4 reviews from this member

Had a family camping weekend here with friends and had a really good visit. Really communal feel with all the kids playing together around a tree with a rope swing. And then pitches around the edge.

We were in a gently sloping field. Pitch size reasonable. Chickens roaming around and being a little bit cheeky at times but not a nuisance, generally a bit of amusement.

Toilet block was in a bit portakabin style for the toilets/sinks, then with showers in a separate part by the hall. Freezers available for general usage.

We just relaxed on site and had a stroll locally through the fields so nothing to add on local attractions. There was a solo singer in the early evening who played on the lawn in the hall area - not my usual cup of tea, but it was a nice atmosphere with folk/families listening and kids playing.

Would definitely return in the future.

Previous     117 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review wo win a 150 Amazon Voucher!!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Rutland   -   Search for a site

Win a Kampa Portaflush 10 Portable Toilet! Win a 655ltr Waterproof Rooftop Bag worth 239

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 16th to 19th August, E Yorks
World's biggest tribute band festival. Family friendly. Discounted tickets and a chance to win some ...more