Reviews of Riverside Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Glamorgan > Swansea > Riverside Caravan Park Reviews

Riverside Caravan Park

Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   No Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  33 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Wackie01 3 reviews from this member

Unfortunately after 3 times staying at this site, I have suffered pitch flooding between 2014 and my 3rd and last visit in March 2016. This, I believe is due to poor drainage and/or poor soil.

The staff are very friendly but their customer service is much to be desired. I sent an email after leaving the site a day early before of the poor ground conditions and they didn't even acknowledge my email complaint.

I will not be staying again or recommend this site which is a shame because it's local and the facilities in general are ok.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Devil99qa 10 reviews from this member

Needed a Swansea caravan base. Selected riverside even reading 2014 reviews. Arrived and reception processed us quickly. The staff said we had to put hitch wheel on concrete number adjacent to road on allocated pitch, which we did but no one else did. We missed out on parking our car at front, however this did not stop our neighbours taking advantage of the tight space on our pitch! ignore the rule, we will next time.

The site is flats with easy access to main roads with Swansea and beaches 10 min drive. Site is alongside M4, no noise issue. Site is mainly seasonal and long term static pitches, some of which need to see the caravan doctor or undertaker. Site has club house, shop and swimming pool (free access). Also a well stocked and priced fast food outlet (not used). All usual facilities, Elson and water points with larger than most, grass pitches with apparently good drainage, (it rained a lot so this comment is relevant).

My wife noticed quite a few travellers on site, but we saw no issues, pitch price was all in, with awning, electric, dog, and kids included, which has become a frustration to us with other sites who also charge for children dogs and drawing fresh air!

All in all, we had a great time at riverside, we did fear the worst based on reviews, we would recommend to try, and maybe the previous reviews picked a particularly bad time or were in tents, where you notice noise far too easily. We did not hear a thing after 10 and had great sleeps with prepared ear plugs. Give them a go!

Places to visit, Swansea, mumbles, Gower, Swansea museum's, great cycle route from Swansea civic centre to mumbles, or drive park at mumbles pier and buy food or drink and get parking for free!

Reviewer: Basilbear 3 reviews from this member

Myself, husband, son & nephew(age 13 & 12)have just returned from a week camping at this site. I will try to be constructive and list the positives as well as the negatives.

The positives are-large pitches with electricity and no extra charge for larger tents. Probably the cheapest site available in the UK given the facilities available. Clean shower/toilet blocks with decent sized shower rooms, hot water on tap, & heating on at all times so you never get cold. Chip shop which serves decent chips at decent prices. Swimming pool(we never used ourselves)which looked clean. Shop stocking essentials such as milk/bread etc which is really useful when you don't have a fridge! Large playground, looks newly refurbished, great for the kids(probably the largest ive seen in a long time). Can't comment about the clubhouse/entertainment as we never used it.

The negatives-Visitors to this site should be aware that it has a 1am curfew. Unfortunately I believe that this is taken literally by the majority & therefore what ensues following nightfall I can only describe as bedlam. Signs saying kids under 17 should be supervised after 9am, are clearly disregarded as kids are left to run riot in packs across the site. We constantly had kids snagging our guidelines, falling onto our tent in the dark, screaming/shouting, racing amongst tents on pushbikes, & well after 11am. We contacted security, who did, after some wait, seem to calm it somewhat, but you only feel inclined to contact them after you have been pushed to the limits. You get about 10 minutes break from it then the adults start, sometimes up until 3am, shouting, swearing. It seems that the bulk of visitors at Riverside really do not know the meaning of 'whispering'. I think we are quite tolerant people, but we believe that there is a level of common decency at midnight regardless of curfew, to try to be reasonably quiet & respectful to those around you who do wish to sleep!

To conclude-the site itself has good facilities for the money, a lot of the permanent site holders are very pleasant, unfortunately, unless you are a family who is contented to stay put & oblivious whilst your kids run riot, & have little regard for others right to privacy/peace & quiet, and if you don't mind having just a few hours sleep a night, then this site is not for you.

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Lyndasnoek 1 review from this member

This campsite, touring and static caravans is the cheapest you can find in Swansea, Gower, and Trecco Bay, They have upgraded site, more children's entertainment, which tents and tourers do not have to pay extra for, as its all included in the site fees.

Bingo and cabaret every Friday, Sat and Sunday afternoon. What more do you expect for the price you PAY. Come on give Riverside more good reviews!

Reviewer: Meosian1 1 review from this member

Well this was our fourth visit this year(I have been to Riverside on and off for 10 years) and all I can say is that the staff and facilities are great. Our tent is large and the pitches are big enough apart from maybe 3 on site and we have always been able to choose where we are. The site can get noisy but in all fairness security sorts out the problem and many troublemakers are not rebooked and I feel that this is as much as the management can do. Its a great site sadly not all visitors care about others, that happens everywhere. Entertainment is excellent for all age groups and dogs are welcome and there is plenty of places to walk them safely. I have seen earlier comments that mentioned the bad language used in the clubhouse and on site well that again I have heard from 'locals' but also from visitors from all over, again that is something that unfortunately cannot be stopped the management cannot control what visitors do, to lose the freedom you get at Riverside is not worth what it would take to remove every complaint. We will definitely be returning. Three cheers for Riverside!

Reviewer: SappyCamper 3 reviews from this member

Not great & left before setting up the tent.

The Site is very busy, around the reception kids play area, toilets and pool etc & we were due to meet up with others.

The real issue is the tent site is 10-12 minute walk away in a huge field right under the motorway so you do get traffic noise, although location is great as immediately off the motorway.

There is no toilets so a hell of a walk or as witnessed on several occasion's just go in the bushes!

Not ideal for little kids so we left.

Date of Visit: February 2013 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Toptip 1 review from this member

We have been using riverside caravan park for the last 7 years and love coming back each year

We visited the club house last weekend and it has been refurbished and looks great. And as for some of comments made about the entrance to the park we have spoken to the owner and is addressing the situation as for noise after 1am we can confirm it has happened in the past and all we had to do was contact security and it was dealt with. I don't know why people moan as its a holiday park where you can let your hair down

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mickeyb 17 reviews from this member

Riverside is not for the faint hearted, it's boisterous and noisy but a wonderfully friendly site. Upon entry it gives the impression of rather untidy traveller's camp with the conglomeration of permanently sited tourers and seasonal vans.

Pitches are of reasonable size, level, flat and the grass kept cut. As it's name implies, the situation is on the banks of the river Tawe and is therefore very low lying and can get pretty soggy with the traditional Welsh weather. Since our last visit a couple of years ago, a lot of improvements have been carried out. New drainage pipes have been laid throughout the touring field. New drainage at the water points, new ehu points and the Elsan tips refurbished. Toilets and showers all seemed clean and in good order. Lovely children's playground, also recently rebuilt. Basic shop, fish & chips on site, a games room and swimming pool. The club house has it all with a good bar and entertainment if that is your scene. All the major supermarkets within 5. Mins by car and a first class camping shop.

Our main reason for staying at Riverside' is the superb location. The entrance is situated on the roundabout of J45 of the M4 and is within minutes of the vibrant city of Swansea, a few more minutes to the Gower or the Brecon Beacons. We don't frequent the club very often or use the site facilities but everything is there to make a great site for families. We usually book out of season when things are not so manic. Always enjoyed our stays over quite a number of years and will continue to stay and look forward to the next time.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Dailydealsforum 1 review from this member

I have just read all the reviews on this campsite and I am quite shocked.

I have returned to Riverside for many years and I love the place, it is the best value site considering how many facilities it has.

The adventure playground has been revamped and was excellent.

I noticed last year that the dancefloor has had a revamp which was all lights in squares under the floor which the kids loved.

The chippy was worse this year than in previous years, can be a long wait and the staff were slow which got on my nerves a bit lol, they need to have more food readily available. That said, it's dead handy and affordable.

The pool is great, I wouldn't let the kids go alone due to the 'lifeguards' being teenagers who spend the time looking bored, texting and chatting. But that doesn't bother me as I feel every parent should watch their own kids anyway.

The night time entertainment suited me, bingo followed by a disco then a band or singer. I usually left then as they are very loud and not really my cup of tea. The kids have to be quiet through bingo which some people did not respect.

There are a lot of teenagers walking around at night but my 15 year old soon made friends and was among them, they never bothered me or anyone I had spoken to.

There was noise at night but I can sleep though anything and it never woke any of my children up nor did it bother me, it was nice to hear people having fun.

I was surprised at how nice the toilet and shower block was and the guy who cleans them is lovely, he works really hard and never seems to stop. I found them always acceptable.

The shop is basic but handy as it stocks bread, milk, lollys, first aid stuff etc but for a 5 minute drive you have asda, morrisons and a tescos.

The games room is a bit dingy and out of the way, mainly occupied by kids as you would imagine but still my kids loved it.

It is also located about a 10 minute drive from the train station which was handy for our friends who don't drive, they were able to join us.

Also my hubby loves the fishing lake.

Date of Visit: October 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Frankthesurf 3 reviews from this member

Spent a week here in October half term.

OK it rained

The part of the site as you enter had lots of grotty seasonal pitched caravans packed in. There where lots of statics where there is no doubt that people where living as the same cars/vans/trucks left every morning, I assume, to go to work.

There are no hardstanding pitches that you can put an awning up hence we ended up on grass. The ground didn't have sufficient drainage (although the staff said it had just be re vamped) and the place was a quagmire.

Swimming pool brilliant for the kids, playground was having a new surface laid so couldn't get on it (1/2 term go figure that one!) although it look great.

Shop was hopeless although Asda and Tesco a short drive away.

Although a club on site it was pretty dismal, on the Friday night all the weekenders turned up, club was going till well after midnight, noisy music along with the same at some residents caravans.

Its a shame as it is perfectly located.

Previous     33 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other Sites Near Swansea      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Glamorgan

UKCS Meet Paws in the Park 14/09 to 15/09, Kent
Enjoy two days access to the dog show, free parking, free evening entertainment and a campsite right next to the showground ...more