Visitor Reviews - Clumber Park Caravan And Motorhome Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Nottinghamshire > Worksop > Clumber Park Caravan And Motorhome Club Site Reviews

Clumber Park Caravan And Motorhome Club Site
Lime Tree Avenue
Clumber Park
Worksop
Nottinghamshire   (Browse area)
S80 3AE
Tel: 01342 327 490

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing 5 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   Cycle Hire On Site   Golf 5 miles   No Tennis
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 5 miles  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  103 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Chappies43 27 reviews from this member

We had a lovely stay at Clumber for the Easter holidays after changing our plans last minute due to the heavy snowfall the week before. We have been caravanning for over 10 years and live about an hour away from Clumber but this was our first visit and it certainly won't be our last.

It's a fabulous site for campers with dogs and our 14 month old cocker spaniel was in doggy-heaven with the miles and miles of woodland to explore. It was disappointing to see how many irresponsible dog owners did not pick up after their 4-legged friends in the woods though.

You can truly get away from it all at Clumber Park as there is no mobile phone signal or internet on site but you can pay for CC wi-fi which will then allow whatsapp/facebook calling if necessary. It claims to be 'Gold Standard' but we found it rather hit and miss considering it is quite expensive - kept the son happy though as it meant he could still keep in touch with his friends. You can pick up a mobile signal walking along the main road running through the park if you really need to keep in touch via mobile.

We spent much of our 5 night visit walking in the vast Clumber Park but we did venture out to Sherwood Pines where our son and his Dad had a go at segway which they thought was wonderful. It was quite expensive but we used a CC Great days out voucher to reduce the cost a little (easy online booking).

The visiting fish & chip van was worth using, as was the pizza van but be warned, the pizzas ran out on their first visit so don't leave it until the last minute if you want to guarantee some supper. We managed to get some on their 2nd visit and they were good but quite expensive.

All in all, a gem of a site and we will be back - already checking for weekend cancellations throughout the summer as it's booked up. Well done CC for a great site!

Date of Visit: November 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Georg Johannes 28 reviews from this member

First stay here. Not a happy camper. Won't be returning.

1. Found a truly disgusting half-eaten butcher's dog bone and other litter on my pitch on arrival.

2. Could not park where I should have done, for fire safety reasons, and also make my very long TV aerial cable extension reach the van. Had to choose one or the other. Very unsettling because I knew I was too close to the neighbouring van. I did return to the office the following morning to discuss a possible pitch move but it was closed between 10 am and 12 noon for toilet block cleaning. I would have thought that this was the time when most visitors would need to call into the office before they go out for the day.

The site needs to advise of the length of TV aerial cable extension required before you arrive. Had I known I could have bought an even longer one.

3. Whilst I realize woodland has to be managed, especially in the autumn, I was very much disturbed by the almost constant noise of chainsaws during the day, which, on one day seemed to be right behind my van. I think this could have been foreseen and I could have been placed elsewhere.

4. Although I was given the choice of a few pitches I was also told, on arrival, that many people had not yet left when they should have done. It was 12. 30 pm and leavers should have departed by 12 noon. Clearly, this cut down the number of pitches available to me, even though I had arrived after the earliest time allowed.

5. Finally, but most importantly, it is of the utmost importance to me to feel valued as a customer by the site staff. I was treated on two occasions, by the same woman, as if I was a naughty school-child. Not impressed. There really was no need for that. There are ways of speaking politely to customers and this wasn't one of them.

I will be making a formal complaint to the CAMC.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: David Klyne 220 reviews from this member

To Find Site:- Exit A1 for Worksop and at roundabout at end of slip road take first left onto A614 in the direction of Ollerton. In about half a mile watch out for signs to Clumber Park and CMC sign to the right and proceed through stone arch. Continue for about a mile and a half to cross roads and turn right and immediately left for campsite.

Clumber Park CMC site is, as the name implies, situated in the midst of the beautiful Clumber Park which is run by the National Trust. There are 178 pitches on a mix of grass or hardstandings, all can accept awnings. The site is quite wooded but there are pitches which have a more open situation. Electric points are convenient to all pitches and are rated at 16 amps and use CEE17 blue connectors, twist action required to lock them into bollard socket. The bollards also have a co-ax TV connector as the terrestrial signal is poor. These are free to use but you must provide your own cable. There are two toilet blocks of the usual Club standard. Fresh and waste water service points are dotted around the site. The motorhome service point is alongside one of the toilet blocks and is yet to be converted to the new standard so still requires heavy drain covers to be lifted and the drains are not very well positioned to allow alignment to allow you to position the motorhome. A new innovation on this site is a bike and dog wash. For children there is an adventure style playground and next door a small ball game area. WiFi on site is currently pretty poor and the Club are in the process of upgrading this to a more acceptable standard. Mobile signal in the immediate vicinity of the campsite seems non- existent. So perhaps not the site for internet loving teens! The location of this site seems to make it vulnerable to on site theft, particularly of bicycles and to counteract this, the Club has a secure bicycle storage unit with is accessible from 8. 00am to 10. 00pm when the storage is locked down for the night. Reception sells a few essentials and newspapers can be ordered. Across from Reception is an information cabin with details of local attractions. During our short stay we noticed two off site takeaway food options, one a fish and chip van on a Friday night and a Pizza van on the Saturday.

Out and about I suspect Clumber Park is probably the main visitor attraction with lots of opportunities for walks and cycle rides. If you take a car offsite into the park you will have to pay a per person fee. However this does not apply to Nation Trust members or walkers or cyclists. There is a visitor centre and café near to where the old Mansion stood. Bike hire is also available. Worksop is the nearest town with major supermarkets. Further away but certainly within easy day travelling distance are Newark on Trent and Lincoln.

Reviewer: Hotbeat52 1 review from this member

Just returned from our very first outing in a caravan, going to Clumber Park. I cannot speak too highly of our reception and back up from the staff. Offers of advice and help from Andy were soon acted upon, travelled with security lock on, reversing caravan compressed alco and made unhitching impossible. Andy arrived and sorted us out in two minutes, a common problem for complete novices, which we certainly were.

So much to learn in such a short space of time, awning erected without argument which was a bonus. We needed the help of a fellow caravanner who let us borrow a lump hammer and steel pins, without them, awning would not have gone up, lovely couple from Lancashire.

As well as the practicalities of our first trip, it is obvious from a negative comment on here that there are certain 'conventions ' unwritten rules to learn, I. E. Sticking to paths and not walking over the grass or pitches.

I have learned from trip advisor that some people will find fault in a locked room, this is a fabulous site, which has needed a terrific amount of overwinter work from the team, clearing leaves and twigs. As a professional gardener I know how never ending this job is, every time the job is finished, the wind puts you back to square one. Well done team😄

The constant support and friendly staff really helped us to survive our first outing.

What a fabulous area with walks galore, seeing buzzards circling overhead and hearing large numbers of owls at night made a return visit as a wildlife photographer a must. Watching the great crested grebes in early courtship display, wonderful.

This place is a jewel of peace and tranquillity.

See you soon !

Reviewer: Nick56 8 reviews from this member

Lovely camp site right in the middle of Clumber Park, the facilities are as you would expect from a Caravan Club Site, very good. The site was full when we arrived but only one ablution block open, why!? Sign stating closed for the Winter, clearly winter is over and the members are coming out to use the nice weather. Get the ablutions open. Wifi not functioning as it should, the staff have had all winter to sort out maintenance, it appears the staff are just stating to work.

Reviewer: Lobraes 26 reviews from this member

Wonderful weekend break here. We don't live far away so it's the perfect place for a relaxing weekend. Unbelievably quiet, set in the forest. Surrounded by walks and trails. The dogs were in heaven ! Lovely level pitches and very well spaced out. Great showers normal CC club standard.

Little shop in reception ( very friendly welcome on arrival) selling very bare essentials. Visitor centre nearby but spent our time walking and running in the forest.

Can't wait to return !

Date of Visit: December 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Neil684 34 reviews from this member

Our third visit and very happy to be back. The site is well laid out in glorious woodland, many pitches are close to gates into the forest - a big plus for our dog. The facilities were fine and the wardens friendly.

The location is brilliant, right in the depths of Clumber Park with many walking routes and within walking distance of the Visitor Centre - although we did walk 8-9 miles one day, taking in aa circuit of the lake. We're not sure if lack of phone/wi-fi is a plus or a minus :-), or just a fact of life.

Another site we expect to return to.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jjv85 1 review from this member

Stayed for a few nights in order to visit Lincoln & Chesterfield on way to Sandringham. We were not impressed, as 'normal' Caravan Club site behaviour did not seem to apply here. People walking through pitches in order to take a straight line approach to the toilet block, even walking directly past our window. 'Walking' dogs on grassed area behind vans. Had a football kicked against our van.

No mobile phone signal (not in the Caravan Clubs control I know), but no wi-fi either.

The wardens must be run ragged keeping the place up to scratch, which they somehow managed to do, - well done!

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sally1b 1 review from this member

This really is a lovely site stunning surroundings the only downside is the unhelpful wardens.

That said I will still go back for a 3rd visit

Took my 2 children 4 and 9 they have had a fab time on both occasions

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Klcd12 12 reviews from this member

Spent the October half term here. Beautiful surroundings but, unfortunately not the high quality site we were expecting. We didn't have bikes or an awning and didn't see any signs regarding security/burglaries etc and, to the best of my knowledge, none occurred while we were there. However, I understand that new wardens/owners have taken over and I have to say that I was not particularly impressed. When we arrived (at 12. 30) all of the hardstanding pitches were either already taken or not in use due to an electrical fault so we ended up on grass. Not a great start. Then, we discovered that the grass pitches are, actually, quite small. The level of cleanliness in the toilet blocks was not good (even immediately after the clean) with hair left in plugholes and the whole floor and benches in the showers being left sopping wet. The cleaners even wanted to get in the blocks earlier than the advertised time and moaned at my husband and others because they had the audacity to be there 5 minutes before the toilets were due to be closed. We were here for 7 nights. After being out all day, with 2 nights left, we arrived back to find that the unit next to us had parked way over from their marker - a good 4 feet too close to us. We hardly had enough room for the car down the side of our van. Regrettably, our neighbours seemed completely oblivious to our lack of space and, when I mentioned it to the receptionist on exit a rather 'brusque' gentleman butted in and was very defensive when I said that the grass pitches were rather small. 'They are 12 feet' he said - I think he got that wrong! As the clocks went back on our first night it was getting dark by 5pm. Children hung around the toilet blocks after this time as this was the only light. A lot of 'vans were decorated with halloween rubbish and loads had fairy lights and light-up poles - it was more like entering Santa's grotto! Luckily we were on the top half of the park because the bottom half was extremely noisy until quite late into the night. The highlight of the week was watching the squirrels (and there were plenty of them) burying their nuts. Clumber Park is beautiful. The setting of the caravan site is also lovely but the way that it is set out made it appear to be more like a caravan sales field rather than a caravan site. The wardens, also, do not seem to care. They do not patrol the site or check on how people have pitched. Not one of the club's best at all so we shan't be returning!

Previous     103 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Nottinghamshire

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more