Reviews of Bishops Meadow Camping And Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Powys > Brecon > Bishops Meadow Camping And Caravan Park > Reviews

Bishops Meadow Camping And Caravan Park
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

Share  Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email

Open: 01/03/2024 to 31/10/2024

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   No Statics for Hire   No Statics for Sale   No Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   No Wifi Access
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway On Site
 Fishing <1 mile   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool On Site
 Horse Riding <5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf <1 mile   No Tennis
 No Beach   Watersports <5 miles   No Boat Launch
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  62 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Write your own Review to win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 and £150!

If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 worth £299 AND £150 of Amazon vouchers. Leave as many reviews as you can for more chances - it only takes a few minutes

Date of Visit: September 2023  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Wildun 1 review from this member

Bishops Meadow reception got back to me promptly confirming my booking. Then also phoned me during the day of my planned arrival to check that I was on schedule.

The facilities were explained to me at reception on arrival and I was given the choices of location for setting up my tent.

The grassed areas were very well kept, clean ample facilities, overall very quiet and, although the nearby road traffic could be heard at times it was never intrusive.

The on-site laundry room was a bonus for me, my very slightly damp equipment was soon dried in the large tumble drier at 1 for 20 minutes, a godsend.

Camping fees are at the higher end of the range but, as always, you get what you pay for, nothing lacking for me.

Brecon town centre would be a fairly long walk, especially uphill on the way back.

So a perfect campsite for me. When I return to the area this would be my first choice of campsite.

Date of Visit: August 2023  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Rhianw 1 review from this member

The camp site was clean, the on-site facilities were good - wed return again!

Lovely little campsite with everything you need for a weekend in nature.

Date of Visit: August 2023  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  With friends
Reviewer: Garryt 1 review from this member

The site is lovely and clean

Mike the warden is great lovely guy really helpful

The only thing wrong with the site there is no electric hookup pitch For Tents but we had a great time

Date of Visit: August 2022 Unit:  Other
Reviewer: Webmaster

Please note we have been advised that this site has been closed throughout 2021 and 2022, and is not taking bookings. We're hopeful it may open in 2023. If you know that this situation has changed in the future, please could you let us know. Many thanks

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Wandrinminstrel 7 reviews from this member

Stayed at the Campsite for 2 nights. Upon arrival the gentleman was very pleasant and helpful and showed us to the field where we had ample space to pitch our tent and had fantastic views of Pen Y Fan. The location although within walking distance to Brecon Town is via a road with no footpath for almost 300 yards. The traffic was fast and I wasn't prepared to risk it, particularly with the dog in tow.

The only problem I experienced at the Campsite, and was through no fault of their own, was that I was awoken in the early hours of the morning with the sound of cattle thundering down the dog walk (Which was immediately behind where we were camped). When I later walked the dog, the cattle were nowhere to be seen but they did leave behind very, VERY large cow pats to dodge around. Somehow they had managed to get through a gate which should always remain closed. They fortunately could not get into the camp field because the lower gate was closed.

The toilet and wash facilities were exceptionally clean and an absolute credit to the cleaning staff who were there daily.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: BryanandJudie 1 review from this member

OK we stayed on this site for over a week this August but we had a number of problems. The site is mainly seasonal which made it a bit clicky for tourers like us. The swimming pool which was the reason we chose this site was small pretty chilly and not very clean. A scum mark around the pool all the time we were there and the waterline was too low. You couldn't see the bottom of the pool because it was murky. I have looked after pools all my life and all it would need is some TLC from the owners. The other problem we had was getting in and out as there is a barrier which is only manned half the time so you have to wait or phone everytime you arrive or leave. When I complained about this the son said I was being rude and asked us to leave. There loss. Lots of better run sites in the vicinity.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Williams1 7 reviews from this member

Just spent 8 days at bishops meadow. Fab time. Toilets and showers very clean. Outdoor pool fab grandchildren loved it. Very clean site, child friendly. Owners and staff very friendly.

Can't wait to return next year, you must go you will enjoy.

Garage nearby sells bread milk etc lovely lady works there. Not far from Brecon town, go and enjoy yourself.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Mixedgrill 29 reviews from this member

We spent a lovely 3 days here and really enjoyed our stay, It was very quiet this time of year. Nice walk into Brecon down hill but we got a taxi back. Clean washrooms and very friendly staff, asking at least once a day was everything ok!

Nice swimming pool but was closed for our stay. Restaurant and bar next door to the Texaco petrol station.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Lizlizard 2 reviews from this member

We spent a very enjoyable week at this campsite. It would be difficult to imagine a more beautiful view to wake up to every morning, and coming from Cornwall, that's really saying something! The camping field is further away from the shower and toilet block (which was modern and kept very clean) than the area for camper vans, but to be honest that was a bit of a bonus. There was a busyish B road nearby, but the noise was not bothersome. We had a nightly hedgehog visit - and hadn't realised that hedgehogs make a noise until we heard them mumbling away to each other. This was very exciting for the younger members of our party. The Brecon Beacons is a lovely area with lots to do. We cycled around the Usk reservoir, did a long waterfall walk and climbed Pen y Fan, as well as exploring the pretty town of Brecon, with its pleasant shops, canal and river. In spite of the slightly inclement weather, it was an excellent visit and doubtless we will be back.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Wazer1 5 reviews from this member

This is our 5th visit over the last 3/4 yrs and we have always had a great time (see other reviews).

We booked in as normal with a few other familys and stayed in the top corner of the tent field as always.

Has a great time apart from a issue with the owner. The kids wanted to use the pool (26/8) and we asked the gent with grey hair (caretaker) if he could open the pool as it was closed as it had been raining, It was about 6:30 / 7:00 pm. He said yes and would open it for the kids. We went down to the pool and there were other kids in there (parents were there). My kids got in and started to play. The gent with black hair and a lady with white hair (owners I believe), came along and asked the kids what there were doing, I told him they were with us and the other gent said we could use the pool and just opened it. The gent was very rude telling the kids to get out and so was the lady. I tried to explain but all he said was 'I KNOW THERE SOMETHING GOING ON!'. We tried to explain but he was having none of it. My partner whos birthday it was was very upset and all the kids were upset. I had to walk away as I was getting cross. It put a dampner on our stay here. As I said before this is a great site for family and I understand there are rules. But if they want people to carry on coming here, these people need to not try run it like a prison camp boss.

Previous     62 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Share  Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email

Write a Review of this Site to Win an Outdoor Revolution Prize and £150

Write a review of this campsite and you could win an Outdoor Revolution Screenhouse 4 worth £299 AND £150 of Amazon vouchers. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win! Leave as many as you can for more chances - submit your review here!

Outdoor Revolution strive to facilitate precious family leisure time by creating the most reliable, practical and exceptional value for money Family Tents, Caravan & Driveaway Awnings on the market, together with our endless vision for innovation and quality! Therefore, there has never been a better time to rediscover camping and caravanning with Outdoor Revolution!

Is Bishops Meadow Camping And Caravan Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Does Bishops Meadow Camping And Caravan Park have a swimming pool?  YES, there is a pool on site  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Bishops Meadow Camping And Caravan Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Bishops Meadow Camping And Caravan Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Brecon      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Powys

UKCS Meet East Anglian Game and Country Fair 27/04 to 28/04
All the fun of the Game and Country Fair taking place at Euston Estate near Thetford - you can even camp over for the weekend - enter our competition to win tickets Find out More

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2024