Visitor Reviews - Forestside Farm

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Staffordshire > Uttoxeter > Forestside Farm Reviews

Forestside Farm
Marchington Cliff
Uttoxeter
Staffordshire   (Browse area)
ST14 8NA
Tel: 01283 820353

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Special Offer available to UKCampsite.co.uk visitors - see here

Pitches: 5 caravans/10 tents/2Camping Pods
Open: Open All Year Subject To Conditions

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 5 miles
 No Sea Views   Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 5 miles  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  68 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Date of Visit: May 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Rob5425 1 review from this member

We stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of the month, Chris the owner was very friendly and helpful, the views over the countryside are outstanding, we had the place to ourselves for the first 2 nights, it is a haven for peace and quiet, if that's what you are looking for, the quiet was only broken by the birdsong and the odd cow moo, just what the doctor ordered

I had intended to go fishing but, on arrival, found the pond to be quite a distance from the site, you would need to load up your gear in the car, drive off the site and down the lane to a gate in the field and then schlepp your gear uphill 2-3 hundred metres over the field, you can`t park your car there, so would need someone to take it back to site and pick you up again. I had no boots with me either and the field was soaking, so I didn`t fish in the end.

The facilities were good, clean and tidy if a bit spartan, one or 2 more hooks near the shower wouldn`t go amiss, this is however a very small niggle, washing up facilities are indoors which is a bonus.

In the facilities block there are lots of tourist brochures a microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge and freezer all available to be used

Be careful when arriving, there is a small sign at ground level at the entrance to the site at the end of the lane, it tells you to carry on to the farmhouse to check in, turn on to the pitches first or you`ll find yourself in the farmyard with little room to turn around.

All in all a very nice, well kept, quiet site, we will definitely use it again.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: GMC1958 38 reviews from this member

We have been caravanning for 11 years BUT this was the most chilled out trip to date. The site is beautiful with great views from the pitches. The site was clean, well kept and for a CL site, the facilities were really good. The peacefulness was only broken by bird song and the odd Moo. The site is a credit to the owners. We were so impressed that we will be booking for a week next year.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Dselvage 2 reviews from this member

Lovely quiet camp site, probably the quietest we have ever stayed on. The views were wonderful. We were pretty much allowed to pitch anywhere on the site. There were two female shower rooms and two male. They were nice and roomy, they had a shower, basin and toilet. The only problem with this was that if you just wanted to go to the loo you may have to wait for someone to have a shower before you could go. Could do with a couple of just loos. The dishwashing facilities were inside, which was good if the weather was bad. Overall it was a lovely site.

One night there was a group who had hired two bell tents for the night. They were talking loud and playing loud music till 1. 00 in the morning. We book quiet campsites for a reason and it is disappointing when you go to a campsite, expecting it to be quiet and people are not considerate of others. If you want to stay up late and talk loud and play music, fine, then go to a campsite that allows it. Because the campsite owners house is far enough away to not hear what is happening on the campsite, they weren't there to ask them to quiet down. This was the only downside of the weekend however.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Slowroad 49 reviews from this member

Lovely small site with friendly owners. I just did an overnight on a cycle tour but I'd like to think I'd get back there for a few days sometime.

There's two paddocks for camping, one with a couple of caravans and a camping pod, and one with just a camping pod, the rest of the space is for tourers. The facilities are excellent, two bathrooms for men, two for women, with a loo, washbasin and shower. All very spacious and clean. There's also a kitchen room with kettle and microwave - appreciated this, saves on the camping gaz!

There are lots of footpaths for walks in the woods, but I can't report much on the local area as I didn't stay long enough. I hope to get back and explore sometime!

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Biketourer 1 review from this member

What can I say, this place is stunning! I've been touring for a few weeks now and every evening has been a bit of a lottery, this was my last stop before home and by far and away the best spot I've stayed at! Gorgeous view, impeccably kept camping area, facilities are no more than you need and the owners were hugely hospitable, I will be coming back here for years to come!

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Jillfares 9 reviews from this member

Great facilities large pitches, water on each Motorhome pitch

Came here with my grandson and dog we watched the cows being milked each morning and at teatime also saw calves in the sheds. Made very welcome then you are left to enjoy your stay

Can't recommend highly enough

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Shazza39 3 reviews from this member

Lovely couple of nights staying in one of the 2 camping pods at Forestside. We have been before 3 years ago and pitched our tent, but after a full day at Alton Towers, we just wanted the easy option. And it was well worth it!

The pod was very comfortable, with heating, lighting & electrical sockets (none of which we usually have). Very spacious and certainly protected us from the storm that came overnight. Jan was extremely helpful on our arrival, but we were left to it, which is always nice. The pitch included picnic table & fire pit with free wood that was extremely welcome.

The toilet/shower block is minimal but loads of hot water. Great facilities in the kitchen area. The farm itself is in a beautiful area and the views are amazing. My only small suggestion is somewhere to put your things when you shower. The floor became a little dirty & the small stool couldn't cope with all my toiletries & clothes!

Highly recommended & I'm sure we'll be back again!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jamie965 1 review from this member

We've just spent the weekend here & can't recommend this site enough! It's a lovely site, very clean, well maintained, in a quiet location and excellent value for money! Our six year old son was more impressed with the fact it was part of a working farm! The views from the camping field are also lovely. We will definitely stay here again in the future.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Hwood 6 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at Forestside Farm. It was our one year old's first ever camping trip and the site was perfect for her as it was small, tidy and safe.

The shower/toilet rooms were clean and spacious although I struggled to get hot water in the shower (my husband said his was fine).

The kitchen area was extremely useful too with 2 fridges, a freezer, kettle and microwave.

There is loads to do in the area and we would use the campsite again as a good base for visiting nearby attractions.

The view from the site is lovely and we enjoyed the birdsong.

Date of Visit: December 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Max V 6 reviews from this member

Quite a nice site, well kept and tidy. Being December when I went there were only caravans and my motorhome. It was very peaceful and with nice views over the countryside. The site spends all day in the shade at this time of year so was quite cold but with a hook the van was warm. The toilets were clean and the shower was the best I've experienced on any site, lots of hot water and a good flow of water. There are local rural walks which I'd imagine are very nice in the summer months. Yes, recommend it.

Previous     68 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Staffordshire

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over 205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire