Visitor Reviews - Broadmeadow Campsite Equestrian & Holistic

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Shropshire > Church Stretton > Broadmeadow Campsite Equestrian & Holistic Reviews

Broadmeadow Campsite Equestrian & Holistic
Broadmeadow
Leebotwood
Church Stretton
Shropshire   (Browse area)
SY6 6NQ
Tel: 01694 751367  or  07795 201522

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Special Offer available to UKCampsite.co.uk visitors - see here

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Adults Only   Not Members Only   No Rallies   Not Naturist Site
 No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   Cycle Hire 5 miles   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 5 miles
 No Sea Views   Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  18 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: March 2019 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: RIMMER 174 reviews from this member

A small, quiet grass site with limited hard standing with very pleasant hillside views, although near the A49 didn't find the slight road noise a problem. During my stay was regularly visited by the hens and a very friendly cat.

Toilets/showers a touch basic but functional and very clean.

The pub down the road Pound inn does food all day, had a few real ales on and now run by very friendly and efficient staff. There is a bus stop nearby going to Ludlow one way or Shrewsbury the other but buses only run through the day.

Paid £20/night with ehu.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Chaddite 11 reviews from this member

This site is located just off the main Shrewsbury to Church Stretton road and easy to find/access, Flat grass pitches with lovely views towards the hills. Owner was very pleasant and friendly and there is a relaxed atmosphere. Location is perfect for exploring South Shropshire which was a revelation to me it is so beautiful. Rolling country with some big hills, loads of beautiful villages with thatched cottages etc. Recommend Church Stretton, Ludlow, Much Wenlock and Bridgnorth for visits.

Site facilities standard, hook ups, elsan point etc and there is one shower/toilet room per gender. Unusually hot water is only available form 0700-1900 hrs but that wasn't a problem for me. There is a pub and a tea room right next to the site both of which are apparently very good for food and drink but I cant vouch for them as I didn't use either. Its very peaceful - adults only so no children so ideal if you want a peaceful spot.

Would I use again? If I wanted the same area yes I would but next time I go to the area I intend to try a different location to base myself.

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Ballitogirl 2 reviews from this member

Can't disagree with most of what people have said about this little, quirky site. As novice caravanners we couldn't have asked for a more helpful, welcoming place to spend our first week away. The owner (and friends) were all really lovely, not over intrusive but there to help when needed. The site is small and close to the road so there is road noise but that didn't bother us too much.

We used the showers a couple of times and although they are kept clean, they are very basic - and as a tip I would take a small bathmat or towel to stand on when you get out (as we will next time). The downside to the showers is that they are in a wooden building which is now showing signs of mould when you look above head height. And as someone else noted - they aren't heated (which wasn't a problem for us).

There are resident dogs on site - one of whom isn't very friendly with female dogs but I have to say it was never a problem for us as it is always well supervised and under control. There is an area close by to walk your dog off the lead safely and we were also able to have our dog on an extended leash pegged into the ground while we were sitting outside or in our awning.

We travelled about to Church Stretton, Hawkstone Follies, Much Wenlock and Acton Burnell and found plenty of places to visit and places we could take our dog into. We didn't try the pub or the tea room so can't comment on those. We were a little disappointed that there wasn't anything on the holistic side that we could get involved in as this is what had really sold the site to us - so if that's what you're interested in check it out beforehand.

We were worried that we wouldn't get off the site easily with all the rain we've had but it was fine in the end. Oh - and you do have to park your car in the car park area - which is not too far a walk as it's only a small site.

Overall, if you want a little site with a real sense of peace and tranquillity to it (despite road noise) then this is a place to consider. We will definitely visit again.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: NicciMac 46 reviews from this member

This was my back-up plan after a trip to Southview caravan site proved to be totally pointless - and I am so glad! £20 a night is on the pricey side for us, but it was nice to kick back in such a tranquil quiet spot. There is a fire pit and the site is all round well maintained. Buses run past the site going to Shrewsbury and Ludlow (via Church Stretton, and also the closest shop which is 2. 6 miles away). There is a pub adjacent to the site, the landlady was incredibly rude to us when we were throwing a ball for our dog in her carpark, so we didn't give them our custom. There is also a little vintage tearooms next door, which is where we got our breakfast. It's very sweet but I don't know how they manage to stay open! Passing trade is maybe better in summer. The washing up point does not have hot water :(. But the showers were lovely, and free. Lots of horses on site.

Date of Visit: November 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Donna Michelle 12 reviews from this member

Stayed here for a couple of weeks, traveled as a couple with a dog. The staff here are lovely people, very helpful and friendly. We were allowed to turn our caravan around with a view over the field with the horses in which was really nice and private. The facilities are very clean but basic, there is no heat in the shower/toilet block but after speaking to the owner and finding out that every penny they make goes into looking after elderly horses I was more than happy to have a 'quick' shower. The road next to the site is a bit noisy but I slept in fine with a couple of ear plugs.

I would definitely stay here again.

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Micky 98 1 review from this member

Stayed for 4 nights in March, although the weather was awful I had a good time. Very helpful staff when my awning blew down, they provided me with some extra pegs and guys at no cost.

After the last revue made about the Pub I was really surprised. But now it's now under new management and very welcoming and they also give a discount on the first meal for anyone staying at the camp site.

Very enjoyable and will go again when the weather is warmer

Reviewer: Ecotrish 1 review from this member

A well looked after little site.

Polite and helpful staff.

Toilet block and showers beautifully clean.

Road noise did rather spoil it for us. Felt a bit like we were camping in someone's back garden!

Was looking forward to visiting the (very) local pub 'The Pound Inn'. Beautiful building with exquisite thatched roof. Fully expected that country pub welcome. Well, couldn't have been more disappointed! The most cold and unfriendliest pub I have ever visited. Staff very curt indeed.

It has been done up to resemble a modern wine bar which doesn't fit with it's lovely exterior. Very disappointing.

I ordered soup, from the limited choice of starters. It was clearly an inconvenience that I was ordering at all as there was 'a party due in' very soon! Now, I'm not a fussy eater, but even I couldn't eat that soup (green brine) and when the waitress/manageress? collected my plate, she was clearly surprised that I had barely touched it but never asked why, or if there was a problem. We later paid for it, expressing our disappointment, but she couldn't have cared less - and took our money anyway!

That was a problem for us because there is no other pub nearby.

So if you are like us and like to feel like you are away from it all, but enjoy a visit to the pub with your camping experience, then this one is probably not for you.

Reviewer: Khyamdream 5 reviews from this member

We picked this site based on its location and adult only and holistic status.

Despite being next to a main road we weren't bothered by the noise.

Next flat, easy tent peg site.

Lovely facilities in log cabin but like so many places these days the water was scalding hot, and I burnt my hands twice. Only one shower but can use disabled if in use. No hairdryer.

No hot water to wash up.

I didn't like the fact the reception was never manned and the owners were invariably attending to their horses.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Robkirsty 1 review from this member

This place is absolutely beautiful. Very clean and tidy. Easy access and spacious. The toilet/wash block was kept clean at all times. Staff was polite and lovely. I really loved it here and by the entrance there is a cafe and a pub next door. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone. Its easy to find on the A49, Church Stretton is just down the road, so there is plenty to see and do. We loved seeing the horses by our pitch. I rate this place 11 out of 10.

Date of Visit: May 2012 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Highguyuk 4 reviews from this member

We arrived at the campsite early evening, having booked a EHU Pitch the night before. Very easy to find down the A49 from Shrewsbury, clearly sign posted. No-one was in the small reception hut, but a note outside informed us of our pitch which was located on a relatively flat grass field. By the time we had got ourselves set up (not long in a Motorvan!) the owners had come over to say hello and explain the site and facilities. Site is reasonably close to the main A49, but we didn’t hear any noise from the road to be concerned about.

The site was extremely quiet for the weekend, there were possible only 3/4 pitches being used. Extremely clean toilet facilities, although only one gents toilet/wash room that I could see which if true could cause issues if someone was using the shower for an extended period.

I picked the site due to the Free Wi-Fi facility available and I wasn’t disappointed. Great connection and was easily able to watch tv, videos etc.

The washing up area provided is in the middle of the camping area and as per previous comments, doesn’t provide hot water. There is a fire pit area in the middle too. The site information describes it as “environmentally friendly” – and on that basis they don’t provide an area to dispose of foul waste and encourage you to use their own toilet facilities.

Cost was £15 for the pitch, £2. 50 for the EHU.

Would definitely return if in the area again.

Previous     18 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Shropshire

Win a £299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win a Holiday at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Park

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire