Visitor Reviews - Fishpool Farm Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Cheshire > Site Reviews

Fishpool Farm Caravan Park

Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   Dog Walk

Reviews:  80 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: MrsPicko75 1 review from this member

Our 2nd time ever camping, 2ad+1ch. We only did a 1nt stay as our 1st time wasn't the best on *another* site but we could of easily stayed for 2-3nts at Fishpool. Showers, toilets, laundry, washing up areas all spotless. Friday nt takeaway van, play area(needs tlc) small wooded area all great to let kids explore on their own. No rowdy parties, EHU included, nice flat ground for tent. We'll be going back.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: SMIFFY50 1 review from this member

Been visiting this site for years as it is only 1 hour away. Its great and safe for kids as they are in view all the, the site is planned for this. We use this site for olton park race way, so the traffic on race day is not a problem. The problem I have, is I wish they would tidy up the entrance its like a scrap yard, and I wish they would get rid of the plastic flowers. Now this site is dog friendly, but I wish they would keep the site dog from dropping its load near the swings where the kids play, how disgusting is that. This site is not cheap for what you get so I would shop around.

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jacko Manchester 1 review from this member

Just had a wonderful weekend here. My wife and myself stayed the Friday and Saturday night so we could bring my father in law, who is staying in a nearby nursing home, for a barbeque on the Saturday. The proprietor, Joan could not have been more helpful, even lent my wife her sunglasses so she could read her book in the great sunshine we had on the Saturday. Toilets clean, pitches level, will definitely be back.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Stuarthay 1 review from this member

On the plus side, the site is small and we were confident to allow our three children (12, 10 and 5) to wander to the campsite park, rope swings in the woods, toilets, etc without feeling the need for direct supervision or worrying that they would get lost. It is also in a good location, close to Delamere Forrest, Tatton Park, Chester, etc. The pitches are large and most of them are flat. Nice grass!

The main down-side was the noise from the road. I woke up a couple of times each night to noisy vehicles. Not the end of the world, but not great.

There were a number of things that could have been improved about the site.

I told staff on 3 occasions that there was no soap in the gents toilet block. It took 2 days for it to be refilled.

The doors on the shower cubicles couldn't be locked from the inside. The locks simply didn't work in either the gents or ladies showers. The water was a fixed temperature, which is unusual for the price of the campsite. The temperature was fine for me but younger children found it too hot.

My wife said that the bins in the ladies toilet were not emptied at all during our 3 night stay.

The campsite has a very small shop for basics. However, there were no opening times on the door and it was rarely open. It certainly wasn't open when I needed milk at 9. 15am one morning so I ended up having to drive a couple of miles to a petrol station.

I would have been happy with this site if I'd paid about £25 per night for the pitch, but at just less that £40. Well, I have stayed at much better.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jarvis9 10 reviews from this member

Whilst there are many positive aspects to this site, the negatives outweighed them for us and we won't be returning. On the plus side the shower block is spotless and nicely equipped. The location is great for Delamere Forest, lots of lovely Cheshire Villages, Chester and lots more. Most pitches are lovely and flat and the site is generally well maintained.

I wouldn't not recommend it but it just wasn't for us. The road was very, very busy and noisy. We found the fact that there were different codes for all the different doors tedious and unnecessary.

We had to wait half an hour for someone to turn up for us to check in which was annoying after our long drive. We tried telephoning both the numbers left on the door but no response. Not a great start. On the positive side the owner was extremely pleasant and helpful.

Perhaps the most annoying thing was that our friend who was on her own in her tent without using the hook-up got charged exactly the same as the two of us, with our dog and with electric hook-up. The pricing structure is really not fair for single people. And the fact that you get charged for electric whether or not you use it seems quite immoral.

Another rather strange aspect was that there were only about half a dozen tents and caravans the w/e that we went toward the end of September, but we were all placed next to each other at one end of the site.

Nothing to do with the camp site but I agree with the person who commented that the Fishpool Inn is very expensive and not good value. I wish I had read their review about the Shrewsbury Arms before we went. There's also a breakfast place/farm shop up the road (I think it was called The Hollies) which was outrageously costly. £10 for a terribly unimaginative vegetarian breakfast that was luke warm and nearly £3 for a cappuccino. What!

Anyway, not a bad site but just not for us.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Fkdupfairy 6 reviews from this member

Fantastic week with the trailer tent.

Site was perfect in every way. Staff lovely. Toilet block spotless. Showers hot. Pitch fab hard standing. Great value for money. Playground for kids amazing.

Pub near site fishpool inn. Very expensive. So went too the shrewsbury up middlewhich road. Fabulous food for price x

Great location for places to visit around area.

Didn't get there till late but the owner had left all arrangements for us which was appreciated.

Can't fault anything.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: GroovyTimes 2 reviews from this member

This is the second time I've stayed at this camp site and would highly recommend. I went with a group of friends (4 people in 3 separate tents and another 3 friends in a caravan). The camp site ensured the tents were all located together, in generous plots, and the caravan was also on a nearby pitch. All pitches have hook ups (included in the price, regardless of use).

There was a bit of tooing and froing to confirm bookings (as the reception point isn't manned that much) but the check in itself was smooth and pretty laid back.

The site itself is first rate. Friendly, with a mix of campers and caravaners. Facilities are good and staff are helpful. Although the site no longer has the option of the Friday night 'fish and chip' mobile unit, they do advertise a local take away who deliver good food pretty quickly. Plus there's the excellent pub / restaurant right next door to the camp site.

There was a really lovely feel to the stay. Although this is advertised as a quiet camp site from 11pm, lots of families sat out late into the evening having food and drinks; those returning from the nearby Delamere concerts arrived back up until about midnight. The camp site had sorted taxis to and from the concert venue at Delamere forest (concerts on Fri, Sat and Sunday evenings) for those who didn't fancy the 2 mile walk.

A really lovely stay -reasonable value, great facilities in a well maintained and managed camp site. Looking forward to returning later this summer.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jjstannard 3 reviews from this member

After reading positive reviews here I booked a May weekend trip for my family 3 year old daughter, wife and I). We took a large ‘Anteus 600’ tent with EHU. We arrived on a rainy Friday afternoon to a half full site and the friendly owner told us we could pitch wherever we liked as all 50 pitches have EHU.

The site is designed around a rectangle ring road (speed limit 5mph) with two rows of flat pitches running along the inside of the rectangle and further flat pitches around the perimeter of the field. In the middle of the outside edge was a decent play area visible from most pitches. We choose to pitch on the inside of the ring road directly opposite the play area. This was great as we could sit in our tent and watch our daughter play with other children, within shouting distance, with nowhere to escape to behind the play area.

Over the fence behind the play area was a short distance to some woods where older children were playing on rope swings. There is a dog walk area there too.

The shower block was warm with two showers in the mens, two toilets (not sure about ladies) and a row of sinks. There were more facilities in the block which were through a door, these are unisex and also had showers, sinks etc. The showers are free, push button operated and supply around 30 seconds of hot water at a very good pressure. There is a curtain, then a tiled area with hooks then the door. Both days ours were very clean. Similarly, the sinks were fine too.

I saw at least four washing up sinks with hot water all to a good standard.

Some reviews comment on the rust. Whilst yes, the shower curtain pole and some of the soap dishes were quite rusty, you’ve got to be really critical to find this sort of thing annoying in my opinion! I’d say as long as the showers are clean, hot, good pressure and without queues, then I’m happy. These were great and ticked all of the boxes.

There are many signs up: “no noise after 11pm” “vacate pitch by 12 noon, unless you’ve paid a late checking out fee” etc, I only found this useful and at no point felt that it was remotely military.

We had a quiet site by 10. 00pm both nights and whilst no-one seemed to be enforcing the no noise policy, there wasn’t any anyway.

As for local attractions we visited the Cheshire Ice Cream Farm (amazing place) and then made candles at the Beeston Craft Workshops. However, daughter’s favourite thing was playing with friends she’d made at the campsite.

We ate at the adjacent ‘Fishpool Inn’ during our first evening. My wife has several dietary requirements and they treated her far better than any other restaurant we’ve been to in a decade! They really were exceptional and the food was very good. We’ve only heard good things from friends about this place (living in Cheshire ourselves) but it really was excellent. We all had a main and several drinks and the bill came to £36. I can recommend the Cheshire Cat ale.

The lady in reception was very helpful, researching addresses for the attractions, letting daughter come and look ‘behind the scenes’ in the office and said she didn’t read the reviews as they just try their best. A great attitude and thoroughly welcoming, unlike some Caravan Club sites we’ve stayed at in the past.

We asked for the wifi password and she pointed to the tariff which started around £3. I said we’d probably be Ok without wifi, to which she said “I don’t blame you love!”

We’d definitely go back and it’s nice to see such a well maintained, down to earth site and decent facilities in a lovely location.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Titchrules 3 reviews from this member

A late review.

We have stayed at this site twice. Both times were lovely.

It is a peaceful site with wonderful owners.

The site is well kept. The toilet block is so clean and tidy you almost feel funny to use them!

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The site is small but just right for a family with small children. We enjoyed being able to see the children whilst they were on the park from our tent.

I would happily stay again.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bonnyrigg 31 reviews from this member

This was our second visit to site and my second review. Whilst I don't go back on any of the comments on the previous review there are a few points I would like to add.

1. It rained whilst we were there and as a result the swing / play area for the children was full of mud. All it needs is a sprinkling of stone to flatten out the dips and this would alleviate the problem.

2. Due to being a bank holiday weekend the site was full. As a result the water heating system obviously couldn't cope with the heavy usage, this is something that given the price of the site should be remedied.

3. This point is mainly for the customers of the site, in the ladies area and according to my husband the gents. Because of the rain the floors were full of mud, can't help that. But users of the shower areas were walking into the 'dry' area of the cubicle in their shoes and making it muddy. No need for this as there is a mop and bucket left so you can mop out the area for the next person. Poor camping/caravanning mentality I feel.

Previous     80 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cheshire

Win a Broadlands 5A Inflatable Tent Bundle worth over £885 Win an OLPRO Shade Campervan Canopy worth £119

UKCS Meet The VolksWorld Show 23rd to 24th March, Surrey