Pre-packed dinners ready in minutes on your gas stove, or microwave,
what could be better for the campers on the go.
When we were approached and asked if we would be interested in checking
out some vacuum packed food I had no doubt in my mind, free food and ready
in minutes, even better. I just needed to find a weekend away as an excuse
to make it on the stove!
The Striped Food Company are a company specialising in providing quality pre
prepared food, vacuum sealed and ready to cook. They offer a wide range of
dishes to choose from one of the great qualities of the dishes, is that they
do not need to be kept refrigerated and they can be cooked using a number of
methods, including boil in the bag, microwaving them, or emptying them into
the saucepan. This is perfect for us campers and caravanners.
They supply the dishes in boxes of 10 and as they do not need refrigerating,
then can be stored in your camping gear boxes and are always ready to cook,
should you get to site late, miss the shops, or just fancy something quick
and tasty for dinner.
The dishes currently available are:
The dishes provided are the main courses and you will need to add additional
ingredients, be it rice, potatoes, cabbage, etc., whatever suits your needs
- New! Selection Box 1 - 2 X Red Wine Lamb Shanks, 2 X Belly of Pork, 2 X Confit of Duck, 2 X Coq au Vin and 2 X Aubergine Roulade.
- New! Selection Box 2 - 2 X Minted Lamb Shanks, 2 X Belly of Pork, 2 X Chicken & Rib Combo, 2 X Meatballs and 2 X Aubergine Roulade.
- New! Selection Box 3 - 2 X Red Wine Lamb Shank, 2 X Great Balls of Fire, 2 X Chilli con Carne, 2 X Lamb Kofta, and 2 X Aubergine Roulade.
- Lamb Shanks with mint - Tender, fully cooked lamb shanks, with a hint
of mint, ready in minutes.
- Lamb shanks with red wine - Tender, fully cooked lamb shanks, with a
hint of rosemary, ready in minutes.
- Chicken & Rib Combo - A Delicious Combination of chicken and pork
ribs in a smoked hickory sauce.
- Chilli Con Carne - The popular spicy Mexican dish.
- Coq Au Vin - This classic dish is back with a red wine sauce, onions
- Spicy Meatballs - Great balls of fire.
- Belly of Pork - In a Honey and Mustard Sauce.
- Aubergine Roulade - A pasta roulade with slices of aubergine covered in a rich tomato sauce
What did we think?
We were provided with a selection of dishes and we cooked them all using the various methods available and set to tasting
them. The dishes were lamb shank with mint, lamb shank with red wine, coq au
vin, meatballs, chilli con carne and pork belly.
My youngest had the Coq Au Vin and and we cooked rice as the sundry dish.
The dish comprised a chicken leg with the sauce. The chicken leg was
certainly very meaty and the sauce plentiful. A very tasty dish was