Features Index > Towing and Towcars and Towball Carriers > Buzz Runner 3 bike rack
Buzz Runner 3 bike rack
|At last here is a wheel support rack that not only looks
great but is a pleasure to use, is intelligently designed by people who use
bike racks regularly and care about the finer details, is superbly
engineered and finished, and is undoubted value for money.
big deal about the BuzzRunner 3? Fundamentally it's down to design, safety,
quality, and ease of use. Consider the following:
- It's supplied almost fully assembled; minimum work is required.
- It's the right shape for storing in the boot when not in use.
- It fits to all BS standard tow balls with an easy "first time out
only" adjustment system. If you're unfortunate enough to have a bolt on
tow ball that's not made to BS standard - the ball will be the correct
diameter but insufficient material will have been milled off the neck - we
can supply an alternative tow ball, listed below. AL-KO tow balls are not
cheap and you'll probably find a much cheaper tow ball at your local
- The BuzzRunner is particularly well balanced and therefore you can
walk it onto the tow ball without it bumping on your shins.
Fitting is simple and, above all, fast; place the carrier on the tow ball
and lift the lever, the ergonomically easy thing to do, with nothing to
tighten or turn.
- The BuzzRunner 3 is genuinely easy to tilt, well balanced during the
tilting phase, and tilts far enough for use even on vehicles with vertical
- It sits high on the tow ball, well clear of speed bumps and other
hazards such as steep ferry ramps.
- The wheel holders, much more robust than we've seen elsewhere, will
slide in and out and will accommodate all wheelbases, even very small
children's bikes if you turn the wheel holders through 180º.
- The wheel holders include tough and easily adjusted wheel straps which
are long enough to hold the biggest rims we've found.
- The outer two bike holders have locks, and the carrier also locks to
the tow ball with a strong metal in metal lock.
- Flick up a couple of cam levers and the carrier folds flat for easier
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar
carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall - which happens!
- Dimensions = 94.5cm wide by 74.0cm deep (measured from the centre of
the tow ball mount to the outside edge of the number plate holder).
- Weight = 16.0kg.
- BuzzRunners are supplied with UK standard 3 function lights and a 7
- The build quality - tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting,
component quality, is exemplary. All tools you might need are provided.
- It's TÜV approved to the proposed ISO standard R18-904-4, a standard
some way tougher than current requirements.
Where can I get them from?
The Buzz Runner 3 bike racks are available from The Roof Box Company
and is priced at £194.95. You can find out more about them and
the range of accessories available from
(Prices correct at time of going to print, July 2009)
5% off everything with the Roof Box Company (exclusions apply)
The Roof Box Company is the UK's leading mail order supplier of car roof boxes, roof bars, Thule roof racks, bike racks and more. Their prices are already massively discounted but, for UKCampsite members, they are offering a further 5% off EVERYTHING on their website, excluding bargain items, carriage or package deals. Click here to visit their site and claim your discount.
Win a Buzz Runner 3 bike rack!
We have teamed up with The Roof Box Company and are offering you the
chance to win a Buzz Runner 3 bike rack worth £194.95. To find out
more and for your chance to enter,
click here - Competition closes on 31st October 2009
Index : Towing and Towcars and Towball Carriers : Buzz Runner 3 bike rack - by UKCampsite.co.uk
4840 Visitors online !
Free UKCampsite.co.uk Window Sticker - Recommend to Friend
[Caravan Sites & Camping]
[Features / Advice]
[Caravans & Motorhomes For Sale]
Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here
. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2024