Features Index > General Articles > First Aid Kits
First Aid Kits
The First Aid Kit should enable the treatment of minor
injuries and cope with more serious ones until the casualty is able to obtain
proper medical help. Kits can be purchased, ready made, from a chemist or you
can make up your own. Keep the kit in a well-sealed waterproof container.
If you choose to put your own together here's what we'd recommend goes into
your first aid kit. Please remember to clearly mark your kit, preferably with
a big white or green cross!
The above list is not supposed to be exhaustive, but is a good start when making up a first aid kit. If you
decide to purchase a kit, then make sure it has the above essentials, AND make sure there is space for you
to add extra items.
- Antiseptic wipes or lotions, for cleaning cuts and
- Cotton wool or cotton balls, for applying the above.
- Adhesive dressings or plasters, for small cuts and
- Assorted sterile dressings for covering large wounds.
- Sterile eye dressing in case you meet with a sharp stick.
- Triangular bandages for slings or bandaging.
- A roll of 25mm plaster or micropore tape.
- Crepe bandages for sprains.
- Safety pins, tweezers and blunt-ended scissors.
- Painkillers e.g.: paracetemol.
- Antihistamine cream for insect bites and stings
- foil or 'space' blanket - keeps patient warm!
Finally make sure your kit is easily accessible,
and clearly marked
Index : General Articles : First Aid Kits - by UKCampsite.co.uk
5387 Visitors online !
Free UKCampsite.co.uk Window Sticker - Recommend to Friend
[Caravan Sites & Camping]
[Features / Advice]
[Caravans & Motorhomes For Sale]
Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here
. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2023