Caravanning through the winter months can provide some of the best trips away. Here are seven handy care tips if you have decided not to lay up the van, and are instead planning on some winter touring.
- 1. At the end of each outing always drain the water system, toilet system and water heater. Remove the water filter as damp can turn to frost and cause permanent damage to the filter.
- 2. If you wish to leave water in the system over winter use
pipe lagging to protect the water pipes.
- 3. As Butane Gas freezes at below 4 degrees C, you must use
- 4. Keep the leisure battery charged and if in the same
place for long periods, move the electric hook up cable to avoid it freezing.
- 5. Ensure that all mechanical parts of the van are in top
working order, including the brakes, the jockey wheel, the levellers, handbrake
- 6. Ensure any moving parts are well oiled and maintained.
- 7. Find caravan sites to use throughout the winter with our open all year campsites search.
Please note UKCampsite.co.uk cannot be held
responsible for any advice given - if in doubt please consult an expert.
If you are not going to be using your caravan during the winter months, don't miss our seven tips for External winter preparations and 16 tips for Internal winter preparations