Home

   Log in or Register



Insurance Quotes
forums Campsite Search Comp Directory tips virtual brochure Profile
Tent and Awning Reviews Competitions Caravans and Motorhomes For Sale Shopping Diary Contact Us

Advertisement

Message Forums

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Posts Since Last Visit
 Reception - All Forums
  Camping and Caravanning Equipment
Share   Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email  Printer Friendly Version Print
Subject Topic: camping gaz bistro 300 vs cheapy briefcas
Page:  1  2 Post Reply Post New Topic
21/8/2013 at 12:49pm
 Location: St ALBANS
 Outfit: Riva(Dandy) Destiny. Peugeot 5008
View Dandyman Bob's Profile View Profile   Reply to Dandyman Bob Reply   Quote Dandyman Bob Quote  
Joined: 04/5/2007

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Forum Posts:   819

Site Reviews Total: 1
Site Reviews 2024: 0  
Site Reviews 2023: 0  
Site Reviews 2022: 0  
Site Reviews 2021: 0  
Site Reviews 2020: 0  
Site Reviews 2019: 0  
Site Reviews 2018: 0  
Site Nights 2024: 0
Site Nights 2023: 0
Site Nights 2022: 0
Site Nights 2021: 0
Site Nights 2020: 0
Site Nights 2019: 0
Site Nights 2018: 0

Portable gas stove explosions

http://www.radcotcruiserclub.org.uk/downloads/gas_stoves_safety.pdf

http://www.chemaxx.com/butane_explosion.htm

http://www.chemaxx.com/cooktop2.htm

http://bionicbong.com/japan/the-danger-of-portable-gas-stoves/

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/news/110902.aspx

http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/8-people-killed-by-table-top-stove-explosions-in-5-years

http://www.fire.org.nz/Media/News/2010/Pages/portablebutanedangers.aspx

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/54235/Exploding_Portable_Stoves.aspx

http://www.hawkesbaytoday.co.nz/local/news/fire-service-warns-of-portable-gas-stove-explosion/3948951/


http://www.luton-dunstable.co.uk/News/Canister-gas-leak-was-cause-of-BBQ-explosion-29072011.htm


http://www.bushwalking.org.au/FAQ/FAQ_GasStoves.htm

http://www.securiteconso.org/article519.html

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/oct/23/local/la-me-school-explosion-20101023

http://www.cpsc.gov/library/foia/foia04/os/cooking.pdf

http://www.towpathtalk.co.uk/news/boaters-injured-in-gas-canister-explosion
04 Oct 2011 Damages for client injured by exploding camping stove
In a recent County Court trial, Janine Jones of Smith Llewelyn Partnership succeeded in recovering £6,000.00 on behalf of a client who was injured as a result of an exploding camping stove.
Mrs T, from Monmouthshire, had been enjoying a camping trip with family and friends when the incident occurred. Her husband had been using a Bright Spark portable gas cooker to boil the kettle when the gas cartridge contained within the unit overheated and was blown out of its housing, buckling the stove. The gas cartridge was propelled through the air hitting Mrs Tís leg with force and causing her injuries.
The claim was brought against the manufacturers and suppliers of the stove under the relevant legislation which provides consumers with remedies relating to defective products, and which provides that products should be of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for the purpose for which they were purchased.
Whilst the claim was vigorously defended on the basis that the manufacturers/suppliers alleged that Mrs Tís husband misused the stove and the issue had to be resolved at trial, Mrs T was guided by Janine and expert evidence was obtained as to the most likely cause of the explosion.
In finding in favour of Mrs T, the Trial Judge accepted that her husband had not misused the stove and that the explosion was caused by the failure of the safety device, a defect within the stove.


21/8/2013 at 1:39pm
 Location: London
 Outfit: Kampa Frinton 4 Classic Nevada M
View mcguire6078's Profile View Profile   Reply to mcguire6078 Reply   Quote mcguire6078 Quote  
Joined: 24/6/2009

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Forum Posts:   2637
Tent Reviews:   3

Site Reviews Total: 2
Site Reviews 2024: 0  
Site Reviews 2023: 0  
Site Reviews 2022: 0  
Site Reviews 2021: 0  
Site Reviews 2020: 0  
Site Reviews 2019: 0  
Site Reviews 2018: 0  
Site Nights 2024: 0
Site Nights 2023: 0
Site Nights 2022: 0
Site Nights 2021: 0
Site Nights 2020: 0
Site Nights 2019: 0
Site Nights 2018: 0

Looks impressive but I would just read through them. As far as I can see other than the safety notice issued for the boating community not sure most of the articles specifically blame the Bistro style stove. If you read the articles the incidents could have been caused by operator error..? Some of the reports just say portable gas stove...which could be anything

Any gas appliance can be dangerous. Putting this in perspective if the worldwide sales of this item is 100,000 units then the reported incidents are low. I'm pretty confident that traffic accidents are responsible for higher death rates around the world and far more dangerous.




In order to post a reply you will need to register, or if already registered please log in here

  Prev       Next

Jump To Page:  1  2

Quick Links - All Forums - Camping and Caravanning Equipment - Top of Page

Printer Friendly Version Printable version      Share   Post on X / Twitter  Share on Facebook  Email


Latest News, Discounts and Competitions  see all...





27193 Visitors online !

Free UKCampsite.co.uk Window Sticker  -  Recommend to Friend

[Message Forums]  [Caravan Sites & Camping]  [Company Listings]  [Features / Advice]  [Virtual Brochure]  [Shop!]
[Reception]  [Competitions]  [Caravans & Motorhomes For Sale]  [Event Diary]  [Contact Us]  [Tent Reviews



Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2024


Advertisement


Advertisement


















Advertisement