Hi, I’ve been having trouble getting through to Red Pennant due to long wait times to speak to someone. Thought I’d ask you guys in case you have asked the same question and managed to speak to someone....All being well and good, we should be heading to France the end of the month. I am wanting to arrange Red Pennant, but I’m a little unsure atm in case the journey does not even take place due to FCO advice or France not allowing us to visit. If we were to arrange cover and then the trip doesn’t even take place, do you think we’d get a refund, or do you just loose your money?
Don't forget to leave a review of the French and other European campsites you have visited!
Did you look on the CAMC website, I assume you did.
This is from the Red Pennant FAQ's
If you have a Red Pennant policy there is no cover for cancellation as a result of the change in government advice not to travel. However, depending on circumstances eg when you booked your trip and took out your policy in relation to when the advice to your destination changed, your claim may be considered.
------------- XVI yes?
As well is two words!
How does a sage know everything about everything? or does he? or does he just think he does?
Remember, if you buy something you bought it, not brought it.
You get the usual 14 days cooling off period after you've taken out the insurance so if you wait to arrange the insurance till under a fortnight before you're due to travel you should be able to cancel without penalty (possibly an admin charge?) if the trip doesn't go ahead.
Hi Dawn, If you can't go what insurance claims might you make?
If travel to France is unadvised by the government the ferry company will rearrange your booking to a later date, and you said in an earlier post you hadn't paid for campsites in advance.
Quote: Originally posted by bofs on 04/8/2020
You get the usual 14 days cooling off period after you've taken out the insurance so if you wait to arrange the insurance till under a fortnight before you're due to travel you should be able to cancel without penalty (possibly an admin charge?) if the trip doesn't go ahead.
i just did this, 11 days to go, fingers and toes crossed we can still go but if not i have the standard 14 day cooling off period.
------------- First van bailey ranger 550/6
Now the proud owner of a coachman amara
Don't forget to leave a review of the French and other European campsites you have visited!
Hi Bailleyjake, I’ve just been on caravan club website again and I swear it wasn’t there before but it actually says in the bottom right hand corner of their webpage that in the event of FCO advising against travel, provided that the trip hasn’t taken place, or no claim has been made, then they will issue a full refund.
Haha, I have feverything crossed too
As well is two words!
How does a sage know everything about everything? or does he? or does he just think he does?
Remember, if you buy something you bought it, not brought it.
Hi blueexpo97, sorry, yes I did, replying in my breaks with work, I sometimes forget to reply!
At the time when you replied, that was the impression I had got, hence my asking, as it didn’t seem right to be paying for something you possibly wouldn’t even be using!
I did manage to speak to someone in the end and they confirmed that should the trip not even take place, if FCO changed their advice, provided the trip hadn’t began, or their is no claim on policy, then you will get a full refund. It’s also on their webpage now on the right hand side.
As well is two words!
How does a sage know everything about everything? or does he? or does he just think he does?
Remember, if you buy something you bought it, not brought it.
Don't forget to leave a review of the French and other European campsites you have visited!
A day of all things motorhome and campervan. The show is held both in the main indoor arena and across the grounds. Catering, hot drinks and food options are available. Easy access to the site and free parking included. Win one of five pairs of day tickets