Tent and Awning Reviews Index > Lightwave > g1 ion Reviews
RRP on date added:
Living area groundsheet:
2 (more 2 berth tents)
Viewed: 9188 times
Back to index
Member Uploaded Images - click to enlarge
If you have a photo of this Tent click here to upload it
Be the first to review or comment on the g1 ion
If you have used this product please leave a review, or your comments for other visitors, many thanks!
To leave a review you need to be logged in to the UKCampsite.co.uk Please log in or register here.
The g1 ion is a lightweight two-person, three-pole semi-geodesic tent that is ideal for camping and travels around the world. Having a high-cut fly and large mesh panels on the inner, it is optimised for warmer climates. (You might find it cool in more wintry conditions). Although the flysheet is sufficiently water-resistant for four-season use, its high-cut baseline means the inner is more vulnerable to splashing in hard rainfall. The g1 ion is very light and easy to pitch, but being the smallest two-person tent in the Lightwave range, some people may prefer the larger g2 ion. It nevertheless retains a generous porch area and excellent headroom.
* High-cut baseline for ventilation
* Single zip front door that gives three opening positions
* Velcro attachments on inside to tie around poles in strong winds
* Single guypoint on each side and at two at rear (4 in total)
* Side-hung door that is easy to keep clear of the ground
* Two internal pockets
* Lightweight 70 g/m2 ripstop fabric woven from 40-denier nylon
* Coated on both sides with silicone to 3000 mm hydrostatic head
* Lightweight 110 g/m2 taffeta fabric woven from 70-denier polyester
* Coated with PU to 3000 mm hydrostatic head
* Bathtub construction with reinforced stress points
* Lightweight 45 g/m2 ripstop fabric woven from 40-denier nylon
* Small “no see um” mesh panels at ventilation channels
* 3 x 9.00 mm DAC 7001-T6 with insert connections
* ARCHitektur configuration for reliability and stability
* Front pole 287 cm, diagonal poles 307 cm, folded length 40 cm
* 3 x 2.5 metres, 3 mm reflective nylon with Linelok adjusters
* 12 x ultra-tough 16 cm square-section Lightning
... there may be more info on their website
Back to main tent and awning index
Latest News, Discounts and Competitions see all...