Visitor Reviews - Lagganbeg Caravan Park

Lagganbeg Caravan Park
Gartocharn
Loch Lomond
Argyll   (Browse area)
G83 8NQ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 5m  5m   5m

Open: March To January

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  24 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Irnbru1 2 reviews from this member

I have been to this site many times, it is a family run business, they cater for people for are looking for a quiet safe place to have a holiday, I love reading all the ridiculous reviews, I can honestly say the toilets and showers are clean twice daily ( for those of you moaning about cobwebs and birds) for god sake its the countryside and unless your willing to kill these critters then there is nothing you can do. The new office is great nice little shop you can get juice, coffee bug spray etc.

As for the prices if again the people moaning had actually looked at the other sites in the area then you would see that lagganbeg are one of the cheapest. The other website say from but when you actually enquiry, it starts going up the will charge for dogs, awnings, electric, children and boats.

The sign that says no noise is to deter people playing music at all times of the day and night and the owner doesn't have a dog so I feel people are making things up as they go along. If your going to review somewhere at least be fair about it. No site is ever going to please everybody

I think there are a lot of unfair reviews, I love this place and the owner and family are always helpful.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mumoffive 8 reviews from this member

We found this area to be very expensive. This site was no exception although when we explained about our severely disabled daughter they did compromise.

This was a basic site but one of the few where the waste water disposal was easy. The toilets and showers need a good cleaning as cobwebs are not a good look. There were no disabled facilities.

The laundry room was also on the expensive side and the tumble drier useless. There is plenty of space to have outside drying area but the owners felt that would be unsightly. I'm not sure it would make too much difference to the look.

However the friendliness of the owners made me reluctant to complain. The walk to the loch was beautiful and we were blessed with tremendous weather.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Milofilo 3 reviews from this member

This was the last site we stayed at after our tour of the West coast of Scotland, its proximity to Glasgow and Loch Lomond factored in as we were meeting friends from Glasgow. There is no view from the camping field or hard standing, it looks primarily to be a static caravan site. They were currently setting up a new reception/shop so this was unavailble whilst we were there and we had to trek up to the owner's house to do our transactions and given the area where we could set up which were plentiful as no one else had arrived as yet. The facilities were housed in portacabins and I encountered birds within and hence there was the inevitable poo adorning the walls of the toilets and they were not particularly clean nor do I think that they are cleaned daily as we were there for 2 nights.

The most disheartening thing about all of this is that this was by far the most expensive site we visited and on par with the facilities of the cheapest site we visited we paid 25 for the van and a further 5 for the awning and other campers there for the night concurred with us. We didn't make any complaints about the cleanliness but the owners were helpful with anything we asked and it was a quiet site.

We found the nearby nature reserve a blessing for walks with the 2 dogs along the shore of Loch Lomond and this is the only redeeming point, there is a very small shop in Gartocharn selling essentials and a lovely coffee but for anything else you have to head for Balloch or Drymen which is about a 10 to 15 minute drive, all in all the facilities and the site views were terrible but the area made up for that but I shall not return

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: MrsCamper2 2 reviews from this member

This site is truly awful.

Toilets and showers are not well cleaned - yes, 'cleaned daily' but little more than cursory mopping etc. Window sills had old rubbish, cobwebs etc left on them, walls between cubicles were filthy etc. Shower cubicles are tiny. Lack of soap in basins. Just an unpleasant experience!

Single washing-up point for whole campsite is ridiculous.

Electric hook-up tripped out if you plugged in more than one device at a time.

'Shop' sold almost nothing -for example, didn't have milk or bread. Charging 2 to freeze a freezer block is a rip off.

Staff didn't appear to want to offer help or improve our experience - they just wanted payment - which was very overpriced for the quality of the facilities.

Bin lorries woke us up every morning at 7am - together with the sound of people packing up, to get away from the site after just one night.

Everywhere you looked were lists of rules - fourteen rules in the washing-up room for example.

Beautiful scenery nearby is the only plus point - but much better sites elsewhere on the loch.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: LBaker 2 reviews from this member

We were travelling in two motor homes and booked here for one night way in advance. The charges were 25 per night each pitch. This was our first stop on our tour of Scotland. What a disappointment.

On arrival the site looked like a building site with no actual work going on just building materials lying around. There are some static caravans here which look privately owned but the few touring pitches they provide are not good at all. The showers and toilets were of the portaloo variety and were dirty and full of cobwebs. Just sheds really. There is no facilities at all and the owners/managers did not trouble them selves to show us either where to pitch or where the toilets ect were located.

My advice is avoid this site it is horrible and not overlooking Loch Lomond as we were expecting. Its overpriced and not worth 15 per night never mind 25. 00 All the other sites we stayed at were much cheaper and far better.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Marcing 2 reviews from this member

Never never again. Avoid or go there only if you really have no choice.

First impression is ok but it goes done when you have to pay. I was touring around Scotland and the highest fee was 12pounds for two person and 1 tent where here it cost me 18pounds. Impression goes done much more when you go to the toilet.

Toiled and shower facilities are not very clean (not very bad however) but all places look tired.

Reception never open so you have to go and look for the owner in his house located on the caravan park.

There is a big sign no noise after 10PM which mean 'go to bed and don't try to speak to anybody'.

I was sitting with my friends by the tent and we were just talking after 11pm and the owner came to us with a dog and wanted to kick us out or call police if we will not be quiet.

I could understand this if I really would be noisy but this was just conversation. I know that if we are the only people who try to communicate it is a change that you will be hear by the others however I was so angry that I asked a few people who had tents about 10-20m away from us and also some mobile home users (about 100-200m) from us and all of them confirmed that they didn;t hear anything.

Please note that the owner house is located behind mobile homes so I would say about 300m.

Previous     24 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Argyll   -   Search for a site

Win a Dining Package, worth 124.98 from Yeomans Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Somerset Motorhome Show 12/09 to 14/09 Shepton Mallet
All the latest Motorhomes and a host of accessories. Win Tickets or buy Discounted Day Ticket Offer!