|When it comes to loading up your caravan for a holiday it is extremely important that you try and pack things safely. hopefully these tips
Always make sure that all items are securely packed as movement can cause damage to your caravan. Use towels to cushion things were there is excess movement.
- Waste and fresh water containers can be sat on the floor in the toilet.
- Gas cylinders, mains cables and levellers are stored in the Gas locker at
the front of the caravan.
- Heavyweight items, awning & poles etc. should be packed on the floor over
the axle area. Make sure they are secure.
- Medium weight items, plastic patio furniture, bikes etc, should be packed
either just in front or behind the heavier items. Again making sure that they
- Store crockery in special racks in the overhead kitchen lockers.
- If you are taking food try to use packets rather than tins as these take up
less room and weigh less.
- Food packaged in large boxes takes up space, try packing them into handy
freezer bags sealed with clothes pegs.
- Only store sealable containers of liquid in the fridge.
- Store all bed linen in the bed lockers under the seats.
- Store T-shirts, underwear etc. in Overhead Storage lockers.
- Peg clothes to hangers so that they donít fall off in transit.
- Store shoes and boots in or near the bottom of the wardrobe.
- Towels and tea towels can be stored in either overhead lockers or on shelves
in the wardrobe
This article has the following linked sections