Mendip Basecamp is back for 2022! After the success of our pop-up campsite, we are back for the 2022 Summer season!
Take your family off-grid for a proper camping experience with the added luxury of flushing toilets and hot showers!
Based in the heart of the Mendip Hills, our 100-acre campsite is the ideal location to enjoy the summer with your friends and family.
Pitch where you like, explore our ancient woodland and enjoy an open fire - camping as it should be!
With our outdoor activity centre just a short walk through the woods, you'll have access to rock climbing, caving, skiing, tobogganing, frisbee golf, abseiling, archery, rifle shooting, bushcraft, mountain biking and axe throwing!
Walkthrough the fairy-lit woodland to Mendip Lodge, our on-site licensed bar and pop up canteen! Serving local ales and ciders (we are less than one mile from Thatchers Cider!) and wood-fired pizza, loaded fries and breakfast baps!
Please visit our website for availability. Regrettably, we are not able to reply to individual availability enquiries.
Less than 5 minutes walk
- Mendip Activity & Snowsport Centre
- Mendip Lodge pop-up canteen and bar
Less than 10 minutes cycle or 5 minute drive
- The Strawberry Line - an old railway which has been converted into a cycle way. Perfect for family bike rides!
- Thatchers Cider Farm is a short walk or cycle ride. The gateway to the Strawberry Line where better to enjoy a cider than in Thatchers very own pub garden.
- Budgens 24 hour garage and well stocked shop.
- Churchill Leisure Centre with gym and indoor pool.
Less than 15 minute drive
- The world famous Cheddar Gorge, original home of Cheddar cheese!
- Burrington Combe, Priddy, Blagdon Lake and Chew Valley Lake are some of our favourite places for appreciating the Mendip Hills.
The facilities shown on this website are a guide only, and you should check with the campsite direct before making any booking. The UKCampsite.co.uk will not be held responsible for any errors or omissions