We are currently closed Opening Dates this year: 17/07/2021 to 07/09/2021
Mendip Basecamp has now closed for the 2020 season. We hope to be back for Summer 2021.
Take your family off -grid for a proper camping experience with the added luxury of flushing toilets and hot showers!
Based in the heart of the Mendip Hills, our 100 acre campsite is the ideal location to enjoy the summer with your friends and family.
Pitch where you like, explore our ancient woodland and enjoy an open fire - camping as it should be!
With our outdoor activity centre just a short walk through the woods, you'll have access to rock climbing, caving, skiing, tobogganing, frisbee golf, abseiling, archery, rifle shooting , bushcraft, mountain biking and axe throwing!
Walk through the fairy lit woodland to Turner's Tavern, our onsite licensed bar and pop up canteen! Serving local ales and ciders (we are less than one mile from Thatchers Cider!) and wood fired pizza, loaded fries and breakfast baps!
Less than 5 minutes walk
- Mendip Activity & Snowsport Centre
- Turner's Tavern
Less than 10 minutes cycle or 5 minute drive
- The Strawberry Line - an old railway which has been converted into a cycle way. Perfect for family bike rides!
- Thatchers Cider Farm is a short walk or cycle ride. The gateway to the Strawberry Line where better to enjoy a cider than in Thatchers very own pub garden.
- Budgens 24 hour garage and well stocked shop.
- Churchill Leisure Centre with gym and indoor pool.
Less than 15 minute drive
- The world famous Cheddar Gorge, original home of Cheddar cheese!
- Burrington Combe, Priddy, Blagdon Lake and Chew Valley Lake are some of our favourite places for appreciating the Mendip Hills.
The facilities shown on this website are a guide only, and you should check with the campsite direct before making any booking. The UKCampsite.co.uk will not be held responsible for any errors or omissions