Our site is opening in line with government guidance and we are taking bookings for arrivals from 16/07/2020 onwards , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilet / shower facilities will be open. Some communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information
Take your family off -grid for a proper camping experience with the added luxury of flushing toilets and hot showers!
Based in the heart of the Mendip Hills, our 100 acre campsite is the ideal location to enjoy the summer with your friends and family.
Pitch where you like, explore our ancient woodland and enjoy an open fire - camping as it should be!
With our outdoor activity centre just a short walk through the woods, you'll have access to rock climbing, caving, skiing, tobogganing, frisbee golf, abseiling, archery, rifle shooting , bushcraft, mountain biking and axe throwing!
Plus our licensed rooftop cafe-bar, the Alpine Lounge, has been voted the best alfresco breakfast in the South West!
If you are new to camping, we have a series of 10 Rent-a-Tents. These troop tents will be pitched and waiting for you, complete with foam camp mattresses and accommodating up to 6 people.
Less than 5 minutes walk
- Mendip Activity & Snowsport Centre
- Alpine Lounge
Less than 10 minutes cycle or 5 minute drive
- The Strawberry Line - an old railway which has been converted into a cycle way. Perfect for family bike rides!
- Thatchers Cider Farm is a short walk or cycle ride. The gateway to the Strawberry Line where better to enjoy a cider than in Thatchers very own pub garden.
- Budgens 24 hour garage and well stocked shop.
- Churchill Leisure Centre with gym and indoor pool.
Less than 15 minute drive
- The world famous Cheddar Gorge, original home of Cheddar cheese!
- Burrington Combe, Priddy, Blagdon Lake and Chew Valley Lake are some of our favourite places for appreciating the Mendip Hills.
The facilities shown on this website are a guide only, and you should check with the campsite direct before making any booking. The UKCampsite.co.uk will not be held responsible for any errors or omissions