Visitor Reviews - Teversal Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Nottinghamshire > Site Reviews

Teversal Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Silverhill Lane
Teversal
Nottinghamshire   (Browse area)
NG17 3JJ   See Map

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Kitchen Facilities   Freezer Available    Motorhome Point   Fully Serviced Pitches
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing <5 miles   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire On Site   Golf <5 miles   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <1 mile

Reviews:  205 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21

Write your own Review wo win a 150 Amazon Voucher!!

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Cloggingchris 10 reviews from this member

Our second time at this lovely site. It is very well run, and as many have commented, the facilities are outstanding. Immaculate wet rooms, toilets and showers, and even a family room with a baby bath. The wardens were very friendly and helpful, and the reception area is a small shop which stocks the essentials as well as daily papers. There are many good walks and cycle tracks nearby, many on disused railways, and there is a park immediately opposite. Hardwick Hall is within walking distance, and you can get excellent meals at The Hardwick Inn. The local pub, The Carnarvon also sells extremely tasty and good value meals and is 5 minutes walk away. My only two criticisms is the cost, which is higher than many similar sites, and the size of the tent pitches. We had trouble fitting ours in to the space allocated for us.

Date of Visit: March 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Jusbluey 18 reviews from this member

We have just returned from this site. The facilities are excellent. The BEST shower room I've ever used. Toilet, wash basin, stool, lots of hooks & hot water. We did 2 walks using the information leaflets available from the shop. The walk to Pleasley coal mine (disused) was well worth it. It was both interesting & fascinating, the guide had lots of knowledge to share about all the pits that were in the area. We also had an excellent Sunday carvery from the Hardwick Inn a pub close by Hardwick Hall, a National Trust property, which I didn't have time to visit properly. We left a day early due to the inclement weather, no fault of the site, obviously. One small criticism, I did feel that in certain parts the pitches were a bit too close together for my liking. But it is a very good site & highly recommended

Date of Visit: February 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: AndyT33 9 reviews from this member

First visit to this site what a fantastic site. The facilities were immaculate with the toilets and showers having under floor heating and fantastically well maintained. The wardens were very friendly and always happy to help. The local pub 5minutes walk away was very friendly and served fantastic food. There is a nature walk directly opposite the site(old pit stacks I think) but from the top the views are outstanding. I would highly recommend this site and we will be returning in the near future

Date of Visit: March 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Madian 2 reviews from this member

The staff I dealt with on my arrival could not have been friendlier or more helpful. week one was the reason I have been using this place for 20 years, week 2 on the other hand, staff changed and I have never in my life been spoken to in such a condescending manor or treated like a second class citizen on this or any other caravan and camping club site. in all my years never have I been told to park out on the road or to amend my attire to please other holiday makers. I was using this site when there were only 10 pitches. it's got too big and self important. I will be taking my 20 years of loyalty and will no longer be recommending this site as a hidden treasure. I will probably be cancelling my membership if this treatment is anything to go by.

Date of Visit: October 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mazzey 3 reviews from this member

Well, what can I say but perfect! This is one of those sites that you hesitate to review in case it becomes so popular you cannot get on next time you want to visit! The staff are 100% committed, owners and wardens, so cheerful and helpful. The pitch for our 35 ft RV was very accessible and the motorhome dump took black and grey waste by lifting the man-hole cover. The facilities? Fantastic. A family shower room and a disabled shower room, then in the ladies and gents all the showers were in rooms with toilet and basin - so well maintained and modern. Although quite an uphill walk to the local supermarket on a busy road which we would not do again, the site had newspapers, magazines and enough essentials including chilled and frozen for sale at reception. The off-road walks from the site start just across from the entrance. A very enjoyable stay.

Date of Visit: October 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Emmitdb 8 reviews from this member

Not the first time we have visited this site both as a caravanner and now, Motorhomer.

It continues to improve with more and more hardstandings which at this time of year in a 'van is necessary.

Booked in advance and was glad to get the pitch of OUR choice which finished up being a Fully Serviced pitch at a bargain price (cheaper than many CS's)

The 'facilities' were, as always, first class and I defy anyone to provide details of a finer shower experience.

Default choice for us when we are in the area.

There are many walks to be enjoyed direct from the site.

Pub serving food at the end of the road.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Madgeplus2 19 reviews from this member

A busy but well located campsite with one of the best toilet blocks you will find on a campsite anywhere.

Friendly helpful staff as always on a C&CC site.

Plenty of good walks or bike rides from here and pub at the end of the road serves good food and beer with a smile!

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jonnmedds 65 reviews from this member

This is one of the best sites I've stayed at in the years that I've been touring.

The site wardens are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

The facilities on site are very good. The site has the smartest toilets blocks that I've seen on a site and they were always very clean.

There is an onside shop that is well stocked. WiFi is available for a fee.

Our stay coincided with the Haloween weekend and the site held a pumpkin and best dressed competition as well as a spooky night walk, all of which my son loved.

Off site there is lots to see, Hardwick Hall, Bolsover Castle and Cresswell Crags are all within a short drive.

We will definitely return.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Marshmallowqueen 5 reviews from this member

Just returned from a 2 night stay at Teversal. It is a lovely site and I have plans to return. The wardens were very friendly and approachable. The facilities block was very clean at all times and there are quite a few washing up sinks (6 I think). The shop was well stocked with provisions. Newspapers are available and there is no need to order. Some of the pitches did appear to be a bit smaller than other sites I have stayed at. However, this did not cause me any problems.

Just an observation - There is pea gravel/shingle underfoot on the pitches and roadways. This might make it difficult for anyone with mobility difficulties. I think there were 2 pitches close to the toilet block that had block paving instead of the gravel.

There are quite a few cycle routes within easy reach of the site. Leaflets detailing routes for walking and cycling are available from the shop or from the Teversal Trail Visitor Centre which is a short distance away. Some bikes were available to hire from the camp site.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jona6tc 3 reviews from this member

I only live about 20 miles from Teversal but used this site as a 'training' location for out first run out with our first caravan (former folding camper owner!).

Amazing site. Loos are like a 5 star hotel. Individual room with loo, washbasin and shower. And literally spotlessly clean.

Staff extremely welcoming and helpful

Nice walks over the road on the site of the former Silver Hill Colliery.

Great pub with decent food and dog friendly beer gardne <10 mins walk

Small on-sire shop covers the basics.

Even though it's on our doorstep I will go back

Previous     205 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write your own Review wo win a 150 Amazon Voucher!!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Nottinghamshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Kampa Portaflush 10 Portable Toilet! Win a 655ltr Waterproof Rooftop Bag worth 239

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 16th to 19th August, E Yorks
World's biggest tribute band festival. Family friendly. Discounted tickets and a chance to win some ...more