Visitor Reviews - Cornish Coasts Caravan & Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (East) > Site Reviews

Cornish Coasts Caravan & Camping Park
Middle Penlean
Poundstock
Nr Widemouth Bay
Bude
Cornwall (East)   (Browse area)
EX23 0EE

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop On Site   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing 5 miles   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   Outdoor Pool 5 miles
 Horse Riding 5 miles   Cycle Hire 5 miles   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 5 miles
 Beach 5 miles   Watersports 5 miles   No Boat Launch
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  55 in total, now showing 11 to 20                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Ade5 1 review from this member

This is a great little site with brilliantly friendly & helpful owners. I had such a warm welcome and got set up on my pitch (which they were very flexible about as I fancied being on the grass rather than hard standing when I arrived). I got great suggestions about local places to visit, where I should park, where I could walk to, etc.

The shop was well stocked with a wide variety of foods, drinks, toiletries, suncream, tourist leaflets. Everything I needed during my stay. The shower and toilet block was always clean, with plenty of hot water.

The site is close to Widemouth Bay and Bude, which have good walks and beaches. Plenty of waves for bodyboarding, and I enjoyed sitting watching the surfers and kite surfers into the evening. Bude canal was a surprising and picturesque walk too.

There is some road noise, but even being at the front of the site it didn't impact my stay at all. In fact for me the location right on the A39 was perfect for getting out and about each day. I found it by chance on a web search, and I'll definitely be returning soon - I highly recommend it.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Rickym34 27 reviews from this member

We had such a great time at this site previously that this was the site of choice for the summer holiday by the entire family ! We were not disappointed - toilet block always clean (must be cleaned about 3 times a day to be kept this clean) and the kids loved the novelty toilet seats, even naming one Sam !

Site is really well kept - it is set out in terraces down the hill. The sunsets across the site out towards Widemouth Bay were absolutely stunning, and there were so many stars out at night it was amazing.

Good sized play area set away from the tents and caravans with climbing equipment for younger children, and impromptu football matches were regularly played most evenings.

Liz, Kev and Karen, the site owners are brilliant. So friendly and can't do enough to assist you. They have a well stocked shop, with lots of camping equipment supplies, groceries, wines and beers (Doombar is gorgeous !) plus the shop is also a Post Office.

Yes the site is next to the A39 but for us the road was not a problem, but an advantage as you are then able to get to wherever you needed to very easily. Widemouth Bay is great for all day beach time, and Bude is a lovely little town. Tintagel Castle is not too far away, and there are loads of other attractions around.

We had a fantastic time and can't wait to return again.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Lee Humm 2 reviews from this member

Myself and my family visited Cornish Coasts Caravan & Camping Park in june this year and I must say that every minute of our stay was splendid. On arrival we were greeted with smiles by the friendly and very helpful owners, and was shown around the site. We stayed in a static caravan which was perfect for us and I was surprised how big it was. It was also very very clean and well looked after. The park is also very child friendly and has a super playground with all sorts of apparatus to please the kids and it is also dog friendly with loads of space for your dog to roam. The shower and toilet block was extremely clean and I actually see them being cleaned 3-4 times per day so to say it was clean is an understatement as it was spotless. Also, there is a washing up area with hot running water which was also very clean plus, it had a freezer to use which was brilliant for keeping our cool blocks frozen for our cool bags. There is also a washing machine and tumble dryer to use which was a very convenient way to wash and dry our clothes, (I actually washed and dried all my clothes before I left so I went home with all clean clothes). The setting of the park is spectacular with amazing views and only a few minutes from widemouth bay where you can go for a swim in the Atlantic ocean or just lay back on the beach or if your upto it maybe a bit of surfing. The park is in a fantastic location with shops and pub/restaurants only a short drive or ride away. All the staff here were very polite and friendly which made our stay very relaxing indeed plus they even put a big tv up to watch the footy(if your a fan) and had several barbecues and they made us feel very welcome. Overall, I would say that Cornish coasts is a very clean, friendly, very well maintained and great place to go on your holidays and I cant wait to visit it again. Well done Cornish coasts for making our holiday a memorable one.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jnash 2 reviews from this member

What a great little site! Fabulous views. The owners very welcoming and could not do enough to help.

Less than 5 mins in the car to the local beach at Widemouth Bay and Crackington Haven. Both beaches are great.

Kids made lots of friends so had a great time. Toilets were very clean and showers were lovely and hot. We only spent a long weekend but will definitely go back.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Taffymotorhome 29 reviews from this member

We found this wonderful site by pure chance. We pulled into a layby, as we had trouble with our exhaust, and there was the site. On going in, the owner couldn't have been more helpful, he lent us some ramps, and tools if needed, He showed us to a choice of plots, and the view was stunning, right across to Lundy island, . (well if the sea mist had lifted ). The amenities were spotless (could have done with some heating in the toilet blocks though). This is a perfect site to get around, and go back to at the days end. We definitely Recommend this site.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Maxhale 4 reviews from this member

Easy to book online with friendly and helpful service. When we arrived they couldn't have been more helpful showing us to a choice of terraced pitches for us to choose. Spotlessly clean toilets and showers. Nice laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer. Washing up facilities again absolutely spotless and with two sinks inside and under cover. Good value with hook up but one downside only we found was the road noise. The site is right on the A39 and the traffic was very loud indeed. Our pitch was one of the furthest away from the entrance but it was still noisy, and it was a sunny warm evening but we felt disinclined to sit outside. We were sad as the rest of the site was so lovely.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Guiness00 16 reviews from this member

This is a super little site, site pitches divided by some hedges & tiered making it more private, most pitches relatively level, facilities clean, site owners extremely helpful with local knowledge, site in good location for exploring north cornwall, boscastle & tintangle just a short drive away, great beaches to the north & south of bude.

All in all one of the best sites we've stayed at & would recommend.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Magicmax 2 reviews from this member

Very friendly owners and very helpful, very nice site, good access for large units, quite level pitches, good facilities nice and clean, good access to water through out the site, and well priced, we visited this site just after the aug bank holiday weekend, intended staying just one nt, but ended up staying for 3 nt with a 34ft American motorhome. very peaceful and quiet, we would go there again next year

Reviewer: Danandjoe 1 review from this member

I don't quiet know where to start with this fantastic site but I'll give it my best shot!

I visited Cornish coast in a group with some friends from work age range of 3-43 and everyone was catered for from the park that the children didn't want to leave and the beer in the on site shop that the adults didn't want to leave alone.

There is lots to do and the site owner is a brilliant friendly guy that is willing to help you with whatever needs you have from good local pubs for food to beaches for good surfing.

All in all this places is fabulous the clean toilet blocks and brilliant on site facilities coupled with fab friendly site owners I can assure you I will be returning! See you next summer for sure!

Reviewer: Cornishmade 3 reviews from this member

This is such a lovely site and so glad we booked on the spur of the moment after reading reviews from UKCampsite.co.uk. The pitches are huge and the owners said they are registered for 66 but don't often go over 40. The showers/toilets were always spotless and lots of free hot water in the showers too. The price was reasonable too and the children's play area was great and our daughter always had someone to play with in there. The owners couldn't have been more helpful if they tried and the small on site shop was a lovely added extra and so fresh milk was always on hand. Ok its on within walking distance to Bude but when you drive the coast road in that doesn't matter in the slightest as the view is worth the 10 minute drive. Would go back again without hesitation.

Previous     55 Reviews in total, now showing 11 to 20      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cornwall (East)

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win a Holiday at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Park

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire