Visitor Reviews - Cornish Coasts Caravan & Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (East) > Site Reviews

Cornish Coasts Caravan & Camping Park
Middle Penlean
Poundstock
Nr Widemouth Bay
Bude
Cornwall (East)   (Browse area)
EX23 0EE

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Shop On Site   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing <5 miles   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <5 miles   Outdoor Pool <5 miles
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire <5 miles   Golf <5 miles   Tennis <5 miles
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport On Site

Reviews:  54 in total, now showing 7 to 12                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Joanne4 2 reviews from this member

Stayed at Cornish Coasts for 9 days and found it to be a lovely relaxed site. The owners were lovely and very helpful throughout our stay.

The site was clean, the facilities well maintained and cleaned regularly. There was plenty of space between pitches, you never felt too close to the neighbours! The children's playground was enjoyed by all the kids, although did get quite muddy thanks to all the rain! The site also has it's own well stocked shop, which we used daily!

Was a great base for travelling around the area and perfect for our families new found hobby - bodyboarding!

Despite a very wet and windy few days the whole family enjoyed their stay here and the kids were quite upset when we had to head for home. Would definitely recommend this site.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: MandyandFrank 2 reviews from this member

Loved this campsite!

Perfect access right off the A39 which made it easy to nip off out for the day.

Toilet block was very clean and functional, lovely adjustable showers with removable shower heads (great if you just want to wash your hair!). Owners were lovely and couldn't do enough to help. Even though we visited in the height of season we were shown a choice of pitches. There was bags and bags of room, at least 10 metres between pitches so the whole place had a great feeling of space.

Also what a great rate, 19. 50 in the height of season.

Loved Bude, what a great little town. Had a meal at the Falcon Hotel which we would highly recommend, excellent food and even more excellent service. The best bit was the walk along Bude canal which was very lovely.

We will definitely be returning to this site.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: The Russells 7 reviews from this member

Just returned from this campsite after a lovely 10 day holiday. We only booked for 7 but decided to stay longer. Beautiful views, very clean toilet and shower facilities and friendly, helpful owners who always had time for a quick chat to check all was well. Nice play area which my twin boys (aged 6) loved. The site was in a good position for beaches, tourist attractions and Bude. Lovely family friendly atmosphere - would definitely recommend.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Ade5 1 review from this member

This is a great little site with brilliantly friendly & helpful owners. I had such a warm welcome and got set up on my pitch (which they were very flexible about as I fancied being on the grass rather than hard standing when I arrived). I got great suggestions about local places to visit, where I should park, where I could walk to, etc.

The shop was well stocked with a wide variety of foods, drinks, toiletries, suncream, tourist leaflets. Everything I needed during my stay. The shower and toilet block was always clean, with plenty of hot water.

The site is close to Widemouth Bay and Bude, which have good walks and beaches. Plenty of waves for bodyboarding, and I enjoyed sitting watching the surfers and kite surfers into the evening. Bude canal was a surprising and picturesque walk too.

There is some road noise, but even being at the front of the site it didn't impact my stay at all. In fact for me the location right on the A39 was perfect for getting out and about each day. I found it by chance on a web search, and I'll definitely be returning soon - I highly recommend it.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Rickym34 27 reviews from this member

We had such a great time at this site previously that this was the site of choice for the summer holiday by the entire family ! We were not disappointed - toilet block always clean (must be cleaned about 3 times a day to be kept this clean) and the kids loved the novelty toilet seats, even naming one Sam !

Site is really well kept - it is set out in terraces down the hill. The sunsets across the site out towards Widemouth Bay were absolutely stunning, and there were so many stars out at night it was amazing.

Good sized play area set away from the tents and caravans with climbing equipment for younger children, and impromptu football matches were regularly played most evenings.

Liz, Kev and Karen, the site owners are brilliant. So friendly and can't do enough to assist you. They have a well stocked shop, with lots of camping equipment supplies, groceries, wines and beers (Doombar is gorgeous !) plus the shop is also a Post Office.

Yes the site is next to the A39 but for us the road was not a problem, but an advantage as you are then able to get to wherever you needed to very easily. Widemouth Bay is great for all day beach time, and Bude is a lovely little town. Tintagel Castle is not too far away, and there are loads of other attractions around.

We had a fantastic time and can't wait to return again.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Lee Humm 2 reviews from this member

Myself and my family visited Cornish Coasts Caravan & Camping Park in june this year and I must say that every minute of our stay was splendid. On arrival we were greeted with smiles by the friendly and very helpful owners, and was shown around the site. We stayed in a static caravan which was perfect for us and I was surprised how big it was. It was also very very clean and well looked after. The park is also very child friendly and has a super playground with all sorts of apparatus to please the kids and it is also dog friendly with loads of space for your dog to roam. The shower and toilet block was extremely clean and I actually see them being cleaned 3-4 times per day so to say it was clean is an understatement as it was spotless. Also, there is a washing up area with hot running water which was also very clean plus, it had a freezer to use which was brilliant for keeping our cool blocks frozen for our cool bags. There is also a washing machine and tumble dryer to use which was a very convenient way to wash and dry our clothes, (I actually washed and dried all my clothes before I left so I went home with all clean clothes). The setting of the park is spectacular with amazing views and only a few minutes from widemouth bay where you can go for a swim in the Atlantic ocean or just lay back on the beach or if your upto it maybe a bit of surfing. The park is in a fantastic location with shops and pub/restaurants only a short drive or ride away. All the staff here were very polite and friendly which made our stay very relaxing indeed plus they even put a big tv up to watch the footy(if your a fan) and had several barbecues and they made us feel very welcome. Overall, I would say that Cornish coasts is a very clean, friendly, very well maintained and great place to go on your holidays and I cant wait to visit it again. Well done Cornish coasts for making our holiday a memorable one.

Previous     54 Reviews in total, now showing 7 to 12      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cornwall (East)   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO Knightwick 3 Berth Tent worth 109.99 Win tickets to Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend!

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend 12 to 14 October, Cornwall
3 day concert dedicated to the sounds of the Swinging Sixties, with camping ...more