Visitor Reviews - Hillfoot Campsite In Northern Ireland

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Northern Ireland > N Ireland > Site Reviews

Hillfoot Campsite In Northern Ireland
119 Legavallon Road
Dungiven
Londonderry Derry
N Ireland   (Browse area)
BT47 4QN
Tel: 07886089942

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Kitchen Facilities   Freezer Available    Motorhome Point   Fully Serviced Pitches
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing <5 miles   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire <5 miles   Golf   Tennis <5 miles
 Beach   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <5 miles  Dog Walk

Reviews:  36 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Psstewart 4 reviews from this member

What a find. Lovely campsite with all the facilities you could want, from a small independent. Nothing was too much trouble for owner Mervyn, who wasn't short of local info and general friendliness. Stunning views and lovely and peaceful. Great indoor spaces, to have a coffee and chill, on cooler/damp evenings. Usual facilities of showers, wash and dishwasher, two separate buildings to give flexibility and access to laundry (washer and dryer). Copious quantity of piping hot water too. Small wooden play area, should you have little ones in tow. A great 6 nights here and would recommend unreservedly. I'm sure we'll be back. Thanks Mervyn, from Pete n Gill.

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Debroy summers 1 review from this member

One of the best sites I have stayed on. The views from the site are amazing. Mervin the owner of the site will do anything within reason to make your stay enjoyable and if you like organ music just ask. Just one thing the men's shower was not working when we were there but there are two ladies showers me and my wife went together so she could keep guard. Just one thing the ehu is 6/10 amp so check with Mervin.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mollybobs 2 reviews from this member

Stayed here as a start to a three week journey around Northern Ireland and Ireland.

I can honestly say this was the warmest welcome we have had at any site! Mervyn is wonderful (I might be a little bit in love with him), very easy going, there for advice on where to go and what to do, but never 'in your face'. Pitches are great and I acquired an extra dog (Ben)for local walks, in fact, he commando crawled under our van to spend some time with my two labs:)

Don't know if we will be returning, but if we did, this would be our first port of call; friendly, great location for touring and a wonderful welcome!

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Reezpol 1 review from this member

We enjoyed our stay on Hillfoot campsite very much. Mervyn Scott was a very friendly and perfect host and Ben, the dog stole our hearts. The facilities were out of the ordinary and very good, including a kitchen and a cozy 'social room' for birthday-party's or rainy days. The countryside (Sperrin !) is breathtaking and Belfast is also within reach. Hope to be back sometime !

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Elaine Crawford 1 review from this member

Went for first night to hillfoot it was such a lovely wee place, owner was such a lovely man and couldn't be more helpful! Its very well run, with indoor kitchen( handy in bad weather) living room & shower/toilets was spotless. We are a family of 6 and this place just ticked all the boxes! We will go back again!

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Portrush 1 review from this member

We had our first camping holiday here at the weekend and it was brilliant. A lovely site with really nice facilities. The toilets and showers were always clean and the two sitting rooms with kettle were fantastic. Having a fridge and freezer available was such a bonus. Mervyn was so helpful and always on hand. We will definitely be back.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Caraline 2 reviews from this member

Compact site with tranquil setting, thankfully no one spoiled this with camp fires raging or loud music late at night. This site is ideal for families and people wanting peace and quiet. The facilities are all spotless, the showers are better than in many hotels or even you own house, there is a family room if the weather turns bad as well. Collie Ben still made an appearance even though the site owner wasn't about, however there are people who use this site every weekend who are brilliant at keeping the place in check. This is my second visit with my husband and two dogs and we intend to be up again later in the year.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Golf548 1 review from this member

Had a fantastic four days at hilltop. Tommy and Maureen lovely couple and were a great help too. Stevie was there to show us around which was very welcoming and we met mervyn (the boss) yesterday again who made us feel welcome for our next visit. Would highly recommend this little hidden gem! Roe valley park not that far away great walk! The wind farms there is lots to do! Best thing is to go and book and then go explore

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Spikeymatt 4 reviews from this member

A lovely site in a beautiful setting. Separate areas for caravans/motorhomes and tents, both areas are so well maintained and space provided is excellent.

There is lots provided for children again in its own area safe and allowing others to still enjoy the tranquil setting.

A small thing to show the care taken to look out for his visitors was when I left my electric cable on my pitch on the ground unplugged. When it started to rain I had forgotten to connect my cable ends together so a staff member did it for me while I was out for the day. Very thoughtful and appreciated.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Phildigi 1 review from this member

A lovely campsite with good facilities, including a TV room for the wet and windy days.

Mervyn Scott is the owner who is the best owner I`ve ever met, during bad weather he was found to be tightening guy ropes and asking if everything was ok. He has a lovely collie called Ben who greets every one.

On my last night he let me sleep in the TV room as I had to leave very early in the morning to go back to Scotland.

I stayed for two pleasant weeks.

All in all a great campsite, and only a 1 mile and a half from Dungiven for all your shopping and entertainment.

Previous     36 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Save to Virtual Brochure  Add this Site to your Virtual Brochure                                Share  Google Plus  Email Link  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

Other sites within 10 miles   -    All Sites in N Ireland   -   Search for a site

Three sets of AutoSock Car Snow Socks to be won Win a Weeks Holiday at Stafford Moor Fishery

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 17 to 20 Jan 2019, Event City
Huge choice of the latest model caravans, motorhomes and holiday homes on display from over 200 exhibitors ...more